Tinker's Construct Question: Flux vs Mossy

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Which do you prefer on you're tools

• Flux

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Mossy

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I normally go mossy until I can get to the point that I can make the high end thaumcraft tools and weapons. The pickaxe of the core is my favorite. I normally drop fortune and repair 2 on it. I still use a stone hammer and excavator (with mossy) for clearing rooms and main tunnels, but everything else is thaumcraft.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it should be like so:
Early-mid game = mossy (up until you have charging technology)
Mid-late game = flux

I know in pack like DW20 it takes about 30 minutes to do this. But in packs that actually have an element of difficulty this could mean you don't have flux until you have cobalt picks (at the earliest)...
For example, in the Crackpack I used flux on iron tools, whereas on Mixicraft I don't even have flux yet, because I cannot sustain the power needs

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
can i request picture of Morpheus holding ball of moss in one hand and flux capacitor in the other?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
can i request picture of Morpheus holding ball of moss in one hand and flux capacitor in the other?
morpheus_moss_cap.png

What if I told you
Flux is better just because of the wireless charger

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I always use moss on my tools. Even one is good, because damage from mining would repair during all that time I spend sitting down and trying to figure out what to make. (Also the making of stuff, of course.)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I do flux, personally. By the time I have enough to make an alumite pick (my go-to material if I don't have Metallurgy + ExtraTiC installed), I usually have enough to make a couple flux capacitors and enough power generation to top them off after a mining expedition.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
If you use a max tier theraml expasion energy cell you can get 50 million RF on a tool iirc. :p Thats pretty insane and awesome, especially for super fast ender amethyst hammers.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I thought i'd forgotten a few zeros when i divided XD but still 50k is a tall order.

In recent versions of Tinkers, you have to have a set durability to even place a flux modifier on a tool. If you multiply the durability of the tool by 1k (yes was wrong on 10 times) that's the max capacity of flux cap/energy cell you can apply. or conversely divide the capacity of the capacitor by 1k to get hte needed durability.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I thought i'd forgotten a few zeros when i divided XD but still 50k is a tall order.

In recent versions of Tinkers, you have to have a set durability to even place a flux modifier on a tool. If you multiply the durability of the tool by 1k (yes was wrong on 10 times) that's the max capacity of flux cap/energy cell you can apply. or conversely divide the capacity of the capacitor by 1k to get hte needed durability.
Is this a new change? It makes the tools a pain in the butt then since I always went full paper and an awesome head. That is an insane nerf.... :( Why did the Iguana tweaks guy have to take over! Come back Mdiyo.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Paper always has been OP imo. Too cheap for what it does. I'm not exactly sure which version of Tinker's it came with however.

It's never really affected me anyhow, as i only really tend to flux up hammers, and sometimes swords, and even then i only tend to use low tier capacitors, and have a high one recharging them.

EDIT: and yes, i avoided paper where it'd affect the durability of the tool anyhow. Prefer a good ardite/many/thaumium rod, depending on need.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Paper always has been OP imo. Too cheap for what it does. I'm not exactly sure which version of Tinker's it came with however.

It's never really affected me anyhow, as i only really tend to flux up hammers, and sometimes swords, and even then i only tend to use low tier capacitors, and have a high one recharging them.
It wasnt OP, just insane to use except paired with RF or in non consequential pieces, aka Balanced. I flux everything so this sucks.... Moss is to wimpy for my needs most of the time.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. I still think paper is too cheap for what it provides. I also did dislike that if you Fluxed (or Electriced in earlier versions) a tool, the durability was effectively moot, at least it has some meaning with this change.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Please tell me there's a way to disable that particular "feature." If not...I'm not sure TiCon is really worth it, for me. Half its purpose, again for me, was to give me half-decent electric tools before I have the resources/infrastructure to get an atomic disassembler.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, if they didn't also increase power use, even a measly 400k RF cell on a pick is enough to mine a lot of stuff before it runs out. And carrying an extra flux capacitor is not really a pain (if you need all the inventory space, don't forget that TiCon also gives you a knapsack.)