[1.7.10] Remain In Motion - Block-moving mod

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Well thanks for the nice ACSII-art, but AS and this mod have totally different purposes.
You never can make an uberminer with AS but efefe48 asked for a vessel to travel with. For that puprose, this mod simply isn't adequate.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Well thanks for the nice ACSII-art, but AS and this mod have totally different purposes.
You never can make an uberminer with AS but efefe48 asked for a vessel to travel with. For that puprose, this mod simply isn't adequate.

just my opinion.

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
Update time! Version 2.2.0 changes:
  • Re-worked computer integration. Now, instead of waiting for the move() call to return to hear whether the carriage worked, you call status() (no arguments) on it.
    • This change will help accommodate native OpenComputers integration, which is still planned
  • Added sound effects to carriage motion. Hear the motors!
  • Stopped support carriages from connecting through air
  • Implemented work-around for falling off carriages (it may still not work)
  • Fixed RF consumption in hardcore mode
It's available in the same place as always.

Reactions: masterzh

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
New version: 2.3.0 includes:
  • Overhauled FMP carriages - now with side closing, with either screwdrivers or multiparts (the latter works exactly like RedPower)
  • Carriage Rotator: Work-in-progress - somewhat useful already, but has issues with directional blocks, blocks do not collide while moving, will overwrite existing blocks, and is especially likely to crash with mod blocks - test well!

Reactions: masterzh

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
New version: 2.3.0 includes:
  • Overhauled FMP carriages - now with side closing, with either screwdrivers or multiparts (the latter works exactly like RedPower)
  • Carriage Rotator: Work-in-progress - somewhat useful already, but has issues with directional blocks, blocks do not collide while moving, will overwrite existing blocks, and is especially likely to crash with mod blocks - test well!
I will be able to rotate my rotatable pistronics contraptions! Yea!

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I can not make the translocator to work. I colored two, gived power to each side, i had enough space, but nothing happened.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
At first tough that i derped the power setup, but hardcore mode was disabled.

I does not trasnlocates structure carriges, but the rest works fine.
I want to be sure that i pick up my entire house while moving it to the void age. Spatial io does not picks up modded blocks, so your's could be the way.

Last edited:

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
You might need to chunk-load the receiving translocator, or break and replace the sending one after the receiving one is built and while it's loaded. Signaling a freshly-placed translocator will also make it give you a more informative error message.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
No error message, booth were in the spawn chunk of the same world, in the line of my sight. I had no issues with the rest of the frames.

I have tested one with other carriges with no space to move and it worked as intended.

I would suggest renaming the config file, since its still redstone in motion, and noone searches for it at 'j'.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how i could be more straightforward.
2014-12-14_19.09.34.png

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
You could try breaking and replacing the translocator which was placed second - I had to do this to get it to work once.

There might be something funny in your config, would you mind posting it if that doesn't work?

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Okey, then i delete the config and let it come back. If there was something wrong than it should be fixed.

I have something more direct: does not work if the translocator is inside the frame, so in hardcore mode it will never be able to bring its power with itself.

Last edited:

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
It might be unhappy that it's adjacent to carriages on more than one side - you could try again with a bigger frame. It's also possible that it thinks the destination translocator is an obstruction, in which case you'd need to put it on the outside of the frame. (If so, you'd be able to power it, but you'd have to use a carriage adaptor to hold the power supply.)

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
New version: v2.3.2 fixes moving while standing on carriages. Finally!

Also, if you happen to know/be someone who makes mod spotlights, RemIM could really use one.