[1.7.10][Public] MechanicalTitan Pack

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Hey there, I just started a new world. I'm on a really nice PC. I am getting average 16.39 TPS right now, and have no additional mods installed. Running default map generation.

What's going on?

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, I just started a new world. I'm on a really nice PC. I am getting average 16.39 TPS right now, and have no additional mods installed. Running default map generation.

What's going on?
Welcome to everyone's world. Be sure have fastcraft installed and running. It will give you the best experience you can get. Also not necessary but try this pack out with Java 8 it is compatible and runs just slightly better with it

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Permgen is at 256.
Welcome to everyone's world. Be sure have fastcraft installed and running. It will give you the best experience you can get. Also not necessary but try this pack out with Java 8 it is compatible and runs just slightly better with it
Many users of my pack, including me, have experienced that MultiMC almost doubles the FPS as well it makes it rather smooth, give that a shot.

Befbo

Jul 29, 2019
I know some people have already spoken about the Mekanism pipes not connecting having something to do with Buildcraft Additions. Does anyone have any good instructions for a manual way to fix this while we wait for a new pack update? Is it something that would have to be done serverside and client side as well?

Also, while I didn't read through this entire thread, I saw something about Gany's Surface being responsible for items not despawning. I am having a problem where entities like uprooted seeds and saplings (or anything else dropped on the ground) have never ever been despawning. I checked the gany's mod configs, and it made it seem like there is an option to have things not despawn if a player is within a certain radius of the item. That option was set to "0" on my server, which I believe is supposed to allow normal despawning of items. Is there something I can do to cause items to start despawning again? There are quite a few entities laying around now.

One last thing, when I start playing, I get about 125 fps. Then over the course of time the framerate drops gradually down to 19 or 20 fps until I finally have to completely restart Minecraft/FTB Launcher. Is this a known issue? Restarting MC every 30 minutes is fine, it just takes like 2 minutes to start back up again. Sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for your help, and great work with this pack!

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
I know some people have already spoken about the Mekanism pipes not connecting having something to do with Buildcraft Additions. Does anyone have any good instructions for a manual way to fix this while we wait for a new pack update? Is it something that would have to be done serverside and client side as well?

Also, while I didn't read through this entire thread, I saw something about Gany's Surface being responsible for items not despawning. I am having a problem where entities like uprooted seeds and saplings (or anything else dropped on the ground) have never ever been despawning. I checked the gany's mod configs, and it made it seem like there is an option to have things not despawn if a player is within a certain radius of the item. That option was set to "0" on my server, which I believe is supposed to allow normal despawning of items. Is there something I can do to cause items to start despawning again? There are quite a few entities laying around now.

One last thing, when I start playing, I get about 125 fps. Then over the course of time the framerate drops gradually down to 19 or 20 fps until I finally have to completely restart Minecraft/FTB Launcher. Is this a known issue? Restarting MC every 30 minutes is fine, it just takes like 2 minutes to start back up again. Sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for your help, and great work with this pack!
Yeah its ment to be disabled and only work on items thrown. its odd that its not working for you. if you have perms try using /xu_killitems. to remove the items then see if new items despawn as usual. As for BCA there was a new version yesterday that uses the newest api for both COFH and BC. you can download this update and manually add it as a temp fix till i can get a new pack version out. Sorry for the trouble

JaricM

Jul 29, 2019
So I might be having a similar problem with the server files. I'm trying to download the 2.2.17 server version listed on the FTB launcher. It downloads ok but when I go to extract it using 7zip there are several "Unsupported compression method for file xyz" errors and it never fully finishes and eventually gets stuck at the minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar file. I tried the 2.1.16 server download and that worked just fine, it just seems to be the newest one that's not working.

Is there an alternate place to grab that?

Befbo

Jul 29, 2019
Things seem to be working more normally with entities now. Thanks for that command to get rid of them. Before, the auto sapling wasn't working because items weren't despawning at all.

I have just a couple more questions though. Is Ars Magica broken in this pack? When we place the book on the book stand, it LOOKS like the book is sitting on the stand, yet the book also remains in your inventory. This is apparently client side only, because other people on the server cannot see the book on the stand. Then when you throw the rune and the item in to the altar, you get a bunch of clientside particle effects and sounds, but the other people on the server can't see it, and the spell does not get crafted.

Also, when using Morph to morph into small flying creatures, the hitbox is all messed up and I have suffocated in ceilings several times as birds. Also, as some small 1 tall creatures, blocks do not get placed where the targeting reticle is pointing. It was suggested that perhaps this is a bug with Tinker's Construct, or possibly Ars Magica. Any insight into this problem? Again, great work on the pack, and thanks for all of your help.

UPDATE: I can confirm that disabling Ars Magica 2 fixes the hit box problem with morph. Does anyone have a fix for this other than completely disabling this mod? And is anyone actually able to craft spells with AM2 in the first place? Thanks.

Last edited:

DartEtt

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all. people have you problem with mffs? Trying to create wither spawner like in DW S6 but when mffs puts heads to soul sand server crush(

Buqva

Jul 29, 2019
If you're experiencing fps drops, try disabling clouds in video options. It helped me...

Great pack. Keep up the good work.

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019
quick update i cant speak for brizzle but i cant be on here as much or really doing updates i am far to busy with Christmas and on that note happy Christmas to all or what ever you may celebrate i have a good one and i will be back to this next year :)

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
Ill follow up the post from Dark with a post from myself. i want everyone to have a great holiday season and new year(if i don't catch you guys before then). Im going to talk with dark tonight and if all goes well maybe....... ill give one last update before Christmas. i cant promise it but i will try. It will be mostly an update of mods but maybe an addition of one or two mods. That being said post any pack issues and even mod suggestions here on github before i get the update out.