what sorting and storage option is best in direwolf20 1.0.2?

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
ok so i used to use applied energetics but its been rather serously nerfed (main one being you need to hunt templates from world gen, which on a server is not very good for others)

before that i used logistic pipes, that seems to of been removed :(

before that i used betterstorage crates for most stuff (also gone)

My priority early on are to get a combined storage system that can be accessed from a central point (applied energetics was perfect for that)

There is however a lot of mods im not familier with so whats best* for storage now (early on ie i have a smeltery and im looking about thinking "damn i wish i had some iron and boy is this survivial generator slow" )

*in your opinion

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
There's also ProjectRed pipes, which are much similar to Logistics Pipes but more expensive and imo worse. This part of ProjectRed is still in beta though. This and AE are your only options for central access in DW20.
Early game, well, double chests and iron chests.

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
project red pipes like the old redpower ones? did like those.
was hoping some extra mod had replaced logestic pipes, doh.

double chests are rather scattered around my base at the moment, its remembering whats in what lol (perhaps i should move the chests into one place and do sorting into them with the redpower pipes, not as good as ae was or logistic pipes but seems viable)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
project red pipes like the old redpower ones? did like those.
No. ProjectRed pipes have nothing to do with Redpower pipes. They are basically like Logistics Pipes, but as I said, worse and more expensive.
Having a central storage room and i.e. EnderIO pipes is a good option until you get into AE.

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
No. ProjectRed pipes have nothing to do with Redpower pipes. They are basically like Logistics Pipes, but as I said, worse and more expensive.
Having a central storage room and i.e. EnderIO pipes is a good option until you get into AE.
Just had a look at the enderio wikki (im at work so cant load up the game and test) they seem pretty cool (plus multiple pipes in one block ..cool) though the condiuts sound pricy (ender pearls are not easy to come by, and no recipie for the condiut binder on the wiki so no idea if that part is pricy) does seem the best bet though.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
The more people on a server, the more chances someone already found all the presses. (And if they don't want to share, steal them out of their inscribers at night and duplicate them :)

Also, Mystcraft is in the pack, so you can have dimensions full of your own meteors.

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
The more people on a server, the more chances someone already found all the presses. (And if they don't want to share, steal them out of their inscribers at night and duplicate them :)

Also, Mystcraft is in the pack, so you can have dimensions full of your own meteors.
didnt know they could be duplicated, yeah pretty full server so im guessing people have them all. Would never steal them though, thats just plain wrong but we have a good crowd from what i have seen so far so i may try asking if anyone has some....but thats not my only issue with the new AE, channels, throwing things in water to craft, ramped up power useage, its over nerfed in my opionion BUT im thinking ender io to sort and process all items and then just ae to reference the storage room (would be a much smaller network but i could splinter cables off to other rooms for some crafting interfaces (in the distant future)

Yeah mystcraft is in and the server will make a world for you if you provide the pages (one world per player) but i havent seen any of the little mystcraft buildings yet and i got to assume any about would already of had the pages looted :(

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
didnt know they could be duplicated, yeah pretty full server so im guessing people have them all. Would never steal them though, thats just plain wrong
Well, either people are friendly, then you have no problems, or they aren't (or it's a PvP/competitive server) in which case stealing - well, borrowing until duplicates are made - is basically what you are supposed to do.

Not sure if the AE meteors have a Mystcraft page, I assumed they just generate on their own in worlds that look like the overworld.

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
Well, either people are friendly, then you have no problems, or they aren't (or it's a PvP/competitive server) in which case stealing - well, borrowing until duplicates are made - is basically what you are supposed to do.

Not sure if the AE meteors have a Mystcraft page, I assumed they just generate on their own in worlds that look like the overworld.
would never play on a pvp server (just not my scene)
not sure on the meteors, it is world gen rather then an event (you dont see them crashing down) so a world that is essentialy overworld gen *should* have them (after all other mods generate in overworld type worlds)

still only 15 minutes of captivity(work) then i can go home and play (after restoring my blood to its correct caffine level)

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Ae meteors do spawn in mystcraft ages. That is how I got the presses on the server I play on.

I really do miss logistics pipes. Always preferred using them over ae.

Could always go the sfm route to sort and craft.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see how you would fit a cart sorting system into a small (9x9) room with chests on the side

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
ok so i used to use applied energetics but its been rather serously nerfed (main one being you need to hunt templates from world gen, which on a server is not very good for others)

before that i used logistic pipes, that seems to of been removed :(

before that i used betterstorage crates for most stuff (also gone)

My priority early on are to get a combined storage system that can be accessed from a central point (applied energetics was perfect for that)

There is however a lot of mods im not familier with so whats best* for storage now (early on ie i have a smeltery and im looking about thinking "damn i wish i had some iron and boy is this survivial generator slow" )

*in your opinion

The Twilight Forest Sorting Tree of course.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Early game, Extra Utilities sorting pipes works wonders. They only place matching items into the attached inventories. EnderIO pipes can do the same thing and those can be disguised as something else, so probably the better option.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
More layers of complication seems to be the trend in tech mods these days, so we can either get used to it, or rage quit now. Even with all the changes, AE2 is still the best mod for storage, & probably the only thing that will keep up with an ender quarry with speed upgrades.

AE2 meteors are at least as common as project red volcanos. I've usually come across 2 or 3 of them before I have a pick that can break them, & I usually have duplicates of all the presses by the time I have enough certus quartz to think about getting started. Beginning the set up is a pain, but it can all be automated, even the throw stuff in a puddle mechanic.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
There's also ProjectRed pipes, which are much similar to Logistics Pipes but more expensive and imo worse. This part of ProjectRed is still in beta though. This and AE are your only options for central access in DW20.
Early game, well, double chests and iron chests.

Are ProjectRed pipes even in Direwolf20 1.0.2? I am automating IC2 and the ejector upgrades are just, well, [expletive] useless in the face of the ore washing plant or thermal centrifuge. I looked in NEI but all the PR craftables were light fixtures and cables - nothing that appeared related to inventory transport.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Early game, Extra Utilities sorting pipes works wonders. They only place matching items into the attached inventories. EnderIO pipes can do the same thing and those can be disguised as something else, so probably the better option.
You can use microblock covers and hollow covers on transfer pipes

Are ProjectRed pipes even in Direwolf20 1.0.2? I am automating IC2 and the ejector upgrades are just, well, [expletive] useless in the face of the ore washing plant or thermal centrifuge. I looked in NEI but all the PR craftables were light fixtures and cables - nothing that appeared related to inventory transport.
You're right, DW20 doesn't have the Transportation part.