More 1.7.10 stuff

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
I did, and solution is to remove Java 8.xx but that's not an option for me since I play Minecraft on my work PC where I have tons of Java-dependent apps like VirtualBox etc.

They use that solution for everything... But it's normally true.

Apparently you can point MINECRAFT (auto caps for the win!) to Java 7's directory, and it *should* work, allowing side by side use of Java 7 and 8. Just don't ask how. I did it myself ages ago, but reading how now just gives me a headache.just google "multiple Java versions" with an optional "minecraft" if you want a more relevant and less tech-ŷ version.

I may have had a lot more free time and pc patience back then.

Ankarii

Jul 29, 2019
You want her to use all her time on translating to other languages?! Doesn't she have enough to do?!
I do not know about other languages, but in Russia in AgSkies played by thousands of people.
Fans can help if asked. Such as www.getlocalization.com
Jadedcat copy the final translations in QuestBook-RU, it is 10 minutes to the language for it will be.

Ankarii

Jul 29, 2019
I think fans will have to help. I don't think Jaded know Russian, nor most of the quest team.
Jaded and quest team or may not know Russian. But they can put text on a quest getlocalization.com. Anyone can offer a translation of each quest. Or vote for the already translated version.
Only need to pick the most popular translations. So the game is localized SpaceEngineers, may have heard of this.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Jaded and quest team or may not know Russian. But they can put text on a quest getlocalization.com. Anyone can offer a translation of each quest. Or vote for the already translated version.
Only need to pick the most popular translations. So the game is localized SpaceEngineers, may have heard of this.

I can't talk for JadedCat, the rest of the Lit team or make that kind of descision, but my personal opinion is that it's probably best if we get an English version released before any discussions on whether translations should or should not happen.

Ankarii

Jul 29, 2019
I can't talk for JadedCat, the rest of the Lit team or make that kind of descision, but my personal opinion is that it's probably best if we get an English version released before any discussions on whether translations should or should not happen.
+1 , it will be much easier to translate if we see the finished QuestBook and have a separate text.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I find it really sad, but I clicked on every one of them in vague hope I will actually find some info about FTB3 Lite release date :(

Its like a child on Christmas, opening a big present just to find a piece of cardboard with "Fuck you!" inside written with shit :(

...And yet people never learn that NO experienced Tech worker, either Hardware or Software oriented, will ever willingly issue an ETA... That's usually the Suits in Marketing and/or Sales that never have to deal with the consequences of missed release dates.

Just ask any Lan Administrator who has had to explain to a brick-headed manager that "no, there is no way to speed up a complete server rebuild from tape" :rolleyes:

I got chewed out by my manager one morning after an all-nighter in such a recovery operation (no sleep for me...) when I suggested to a different manager at 2:00am that possibly rewiring the tape drive for 240vac might speed up the process but I would have to restart at the beginning. :cool::D

Last edited:

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
...And yet people never learn that NO experienced Tech worker, either Hardware or Software oriented, will ever willingly issue an ETA... That's usually the Suits in Marketing and/or Sales that never have to deal with the consequences of missed release dates.

Just ask any Lan Administrator who has had to explain to a brick-headed manager that "no, there is no way to speed up a complete server rebuild from tape" :rolleyes:

I got chewed out by my manager one morning after an all-nighter in such a recovery operation (no sleep for me...) when I suggested to a different manager at 2:00am that possibly rewiring the tape drive for 240vac might speed up the process but I would have to restart at the beginning. :cool::D

Hello colleague,

IT solution dev here, so I know exactly how ETA are pressuring, especially in cases where I have to lay ETA before job starts (I work in public tenders, and there is no such thing as "woopsie time" xD)

I especially agree about ETA and games, every game that is pressured to be released early is either full of bugs or just plain unfinished, its just that my inpatient side is taking control over my posts :)

Vogon

Jul 29, 2019

I normally give them the "I am looking at a screen that is telling me 'Please Wait' so the only information I can give you atm is... 'Please Wait...' " answer...

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
I normally give them the "I am looking at a screen that is telling me 'Please Wait' so the only information I can give you atm is... 'Please Wait...' " answer...

In high-traffic corporate environment you don't have that luxury...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

In high-traffic corporate environment you don't have that luxury...

Not only that but it's somewhat unimaginative :D

I'm not a corporate B.S. type. I used to refer to ties as "Polyester P**k*r Pointers" for a reason.

They knew I knew what I was doing from previous actions like:
1). Saving files from dying hard drives cluster by cluster to floppy disks and rebuilding them on the new drives
2). Determining that all their network problems had been caused by cheap contractors using cheaper cable-TV coax instead of LAN cable
3). Finding that said cable wasn't cut to required lengths, but each connection was a 50-foot roll with the ends dropped from the ceiling to the PCs (this one was quite lucrative... they let me keep all the removed cable after I replaced it with the proper stuff, and being an Amateur Radio operator with thousands of feet of free antenna cable and connections to other HAMs... :D :D)

They would relax the dress standards the following day if we were paged in, so I started wearing one of my favorite Tees to work after outages... The one where "Dogbert" (look him up) is walking away from a pile of smashed computers with a bat, caption reads:

"The Network is down but I feel better!" (Sorry, I can't finds an image :()

Reactions: Flipz

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Not only that but it's somewhat unimaginative :D

I'm not a corporate B.S. type. I used to refer to ties as "Polyester P**k*r Pointers" for a reason.

They knew I knew what I was doing from previous actions like:
1). Saving files from dying hard drives cluster by cluster to floppy disks and rebuilding them on the new drives
2). Determining that all their network problems had been caused by cheap contractors using cheaper cable-TV coax instead of LAN cable
3). Finding that said cable wasn't cut to required lengths, but each connection was a 50-foot roll with the ends dropped from the ceiling to the PCs (this one was quite lucrative... they let me keep all the removed cable after I replaced it with the proper stuff, and being an Amateur Radio operator with thousands of feet of free antenna cable and connections to other HAMs... :D :D)

They would relax the dress standards the following day if we were paged in, so I started wearing one of my favorite Tees to work after outages... The one where "Dogbert" (look him up) is walking away from a pile of smashed computers with a bat, caption reads:

"The Network is down but I feel better!" (Sorry, I can't finds an image :()

I think this is straying away from main subject here too much...
Also, in any bigger company your supervisor or colleges are not complete morons, actions like these would get my ass fired in record time... And on this economy I am not letting well payed job so easy
Corporate doesn't mean I have to wear a suit, we all dress and talk pretty casual, but business is business, and we all need to be efficient. Only problem is, with time constraints final results are not always the best, so thats why I understand "no ETA" policy from FTB dev team... After all, we don't want to see another old Tekkit now don't we? XD

alexubel989

Jul 29, 2019

Network-down-1.jpg

There ya go. :)

Last edited:

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Ummm... I know we cannot ask for ETA for final version of FTB, but can we ask when will next update be out? In my case FTBL3 1.0.5? Or I am about to listen to that song again?
Sorry for being annoyingly impatient, but I feel like a kid on Christmas doped on sugar xD

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm... I know we cannot ask for ETA for final version of FTB, but can we ask when will next update be out? In my case FTBL3 1.0.5? Or I am about to listen to that song again?
Sorry for being annoyingly impatient, but I feel like a kid on Christmas doped on sugar xD
Literally quoted from the rules:

The Rules said:
Our policy on ETA's: The only ETA for any pack releases or projects that we are working on that are not explicitly said to be complete is that they will be released when they are ready. Any ETA other than this that you get from anyone within FTB is purely speculation and should not be taken as fact.