Good ways of generating mana in Botania?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
At the moment I have a big field of Dayblooms and Nightshades. These produce constantly, but the output is somewhat anaemic compared to my needs.

What's a good way to produce a ton of mana very quickly? As in, quickly enough to power a coupla dozen agricarnations reliably?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
3x3 grid of endoflames with open blocks dropper dropping charcoal on em, that's what I use and it churns mana out, if you want more then create more sets of them. Be warned though too much charcoal and the mana spreaders will cause a bottle neck. You have to let it time out before feeding more, I use a timer with 10 sec delay to drop 1 charcoal.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well I used a buildcraft flood gate to help along with the flowers that generate mana from lava. Be careful though because the floodgate seems to want to fill areas you wouldnt expect it to and the stupid flowers get destroyed by it.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I've found the Gourmaryliss (I've likely mispelt that) fairly nice for mana, especially when feeding them high saturation and hunger restoring foods (like steak). If you have Pam's Harvestcraft, Toast is a fairly nice thing to feed them. Be aware when automating this flower, that any food fed to it while it is still digesting a meal, will go completely to waste. The time it takes to digest a meal is 1 second per shank of hunger restored by the food. This does produce a ton of mana, At full pelt with Toast, it takes a Gaia mana spreader to keep up with the production. You can always use less wholesome meals or just space out the feeds if you don't have access to higher tier spreaders.

I also quite like hydregeas (again likely mispelt) early game. I actually took my basic starter mana garden from this thread. The only alteration i really make is the addition of the endoflame for burst mana if I need it.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
If you have some way to autoproduce cakes the Kekimurus might be an option. From watching DW20's videos it looks like they produce a lot of mana.
Or you can use the Entropynnium. Kinda dangerous but you can use mana detectors and comparators for automation, similar to what Direwolf did with the Endoflame.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
I have a pyramid with 4 infinite water sources in it using the aqua flowers to generate power and with day blooms and night shades all round it. I will see if I can put up a layout later but you have to use 2 mana spreaders to catch all the mana die too it's large size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
y u no mention blood magic! :u

the blood magic lava ritual + thermalily > fallen kanade + blood altar = increasing returns :D
aka: cross mod exploit

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
One full field of dayblooms can keep the agricarnation working. It might look anemic but they still hasten the growth of plants around them a fair bit.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Entropyyniums are amazing. I have 4 running on my world and they fill up my mana pools pretty quick(But setting up the infrastructure to keep up with the TNT demand was a royal pain in the behind.)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Something I've noticed is the floating island versions of the flowers are waterproof, so plan on trying to build an array of hydroangias a bit more compact than the normal 3x3 water pool with flowers on the corner pattern.

I'm thinking 1 flower surrounded by 8 water sources and overlapping them to tile the pattern. We shall see if it still maintains the water around the flowers during this process. Shall get back to you all on this