What's new in modded minecraft today?

dmillerw

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, it's a new mod! :O

Heard all these before? Sick and tired of your cow farm making a racket? Wishing your nether portal would be just a bit quieter? Well, then this mod is for you! This mod brings a simple block to the game that will muffle any nearby sounds, or mute them altogether, based on its configuration.
Now, all this is fantastic, but there's one problem. A block in the world is useful, but it's hardly portable, and there are some sound rules you simply want to keep with you at all times. That's why this mod also adds magical earplugs!

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
OpenModularTurrets 1.3.1-22 & 1.3.1-23 (by Keridos)
1.3.1-22
  • various fixes for turrets
  • fix for crashing on placing turret bases
  • new railgun sound
1.3.1-23
  • fixed small bug in addon detection

Random Things 2.2.2 (by Lumien)
  • Fixed: The Online Detector crashing when directly powering for example a trap door
  • Changed: You can now use any Resource Location as a background for the options menus, for more information on how to do this visit the Custom Backgrounds Curse Forge page. (One of my 1.8 mods)

ZZZZZ Custom Configs 2.0.1 (by ganymedes01)
-Move recipe registering to account for mods who register their items too late (modders pls)

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Hardcore Darkness 1.0 (by Lumien) MC1.8
635531178640671748.png

Description
You have probably noticed it yourself but its never actually pitch black in minecraft. Even if you are in a cave with no torches you will still be able to see something independent of your gamma setting. This mod changes this, it removes the minimum block & sky light so if there is no light source its actually dark.

Usage
After you install the mod on your client it will be in mode 0. In that mode it will remove the minimum sky & block light. In the HardcoreDarkness.cfg file you can change the mode to 1 which will only remove the block light so that while it will be pitch black in unlit caves the surface will still be light up slightly.

Feel free to use this mod in a modpack

02NXLUe.png

9CrYno6.png

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Things are starting to come together :)
The rooms have a chance to be decorated with various things based on a "type" - somewhat similar to villager housing.

Rudimentary farm growing potatoes and carrots - still getting things added/changed up ish.
WVIdgCB.png

Purely aesthetic fountain with brick surrounding the bottom
Mu7LWxs.png

Someone asked for loot? :) - currently draws from the dungeon loot, blacksmith chest, and mineshaft chests, with about the same quantity as one chest from any of those three.
v1FQjJf.png

Also posted a question in the RED thread about "sneak peeks" in this thread.

L0NExW0LF

Jul 29, 2019

masa

Jul 29, 2019
TellMe v0.1.0 & v0.2.0 & v0.2.1

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225781-tellme

Three new updates since the first released version, adding some more commands and other data dump features.

v0.2.1:
- Add information dumps for items (was supposed to be in the previous release, but I forgot it, whoops...)
- Only allow OPs to use the "debug items"

v0.2.0:
- Add Entity and Block/TileEntity information dumps (right click with a Gold Nugget (sneak + right click to dump into a file))

v0.1.0:
- Add a 'blockstats' command for counting all the blocks in an area and dumping that information
- Only allow OPs to execute the commands

masa

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
1.8 updates

DynmapForge 2.1-alpha (by mikeprimm)
  • Initial support for Forge v11.14.0 on Minecraft v1.8
  • Support for new v1.8 specific blocks (Banners are still not supported, though)

Morpheus 2.0.35 (by Quetzi)
  • Minor performance tweaks

Hardcore Darkness 1.1 (by Lumien)
  • Fixed: Night Vision Potion not properly working
  • Fixed: Console "Spam" during Launch

Artemis 0.4.0-f4f6b30-20 (by Arkember)
Updated for MC 1.8 (Forge Beta)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
RF Tools Beta 2.00 (With Dimension Builder!)

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...on-builder-penalties.55720/page-4#post-838945

Ok, here is the very first beta release of RFTools 2.00 with the initial test version of the dimension builder system:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pujjlkv2rgcdgpb/rftools-2.00beta1.jar

WARNING! Do not use this version on an established world unless you make a backup first. Also don't expect this version to be compatible with future releases. It is very possible that anything you do in this version will not work anymore in subsequent versions. Consider this release as a TEST release only. You have been warned!

Note that I didn't add any crafting recipes yet. So you have to spawn in everything in creative mode. I don't have clear documentation yet but I did make a simple wiki page explaining a few basic things:

https://github.com/McJty/RFTools/wiki/RFTools-Dimension-Builder

WARNING! I did change a few default settings in various of my machines. So if you start from an existing RFTools world then it is recommended you delete the rftools configuration file/directory first.

The dimension builder is not finished yet. Here is a short summary of what is there and what is not there:

• Not all dimlet types are implemented:
    • For terrain: flat, void and normal are implemented. None of the others are.
    • Only one biome type is supported. Any more and the biome is ignored (I have a feeling there is also a bug here but no more time to test right now)
    • Villages, strongholds, fortresses, ... should work but keep in mind that for example villages can only spawn in certain biomes
  • The dimension monitor item works and shows you the amount of energy left in your current dimension.
  • The other blocks should also work more or less.
  • Ore gen in RFTools dimension for a specific 'star dust' like item is also not yet implemented. I have some nice plans with that.
  • BTW, in the future there will be more blocks and items. I have several additional plans with this.

Use the teleporter probe creative item to help get around in case of trouble. There are also a number of console commands (see the wiki above).

You will need to use the teleportation system from RFTools to use this effectively. That's why there is also a matter receiver automatically put on the spawn platform in the created dimensions.

Note! You will notice that for dimensions that are quick to create it will show a very high RF/tick at creation time. The reason for that is that in the limited time (i.e. 100 ticks for example) that it has to create the dimension it also has to give power to the matter receiver in that dimension. So if the dimension is created faster it will need more RF/tick because otherwise it cannot fill that receiver at the same time.

The dialing device from the teleportation system recognizes rftools dimensions. An important thing to realize is that after the dimension is created but before you go there the matter receiver doesn't exist yet as world gen hasn't been done yet. So the dialing device has a special case for that. You can dial into a dimension and as soon as you enter it and get to the dimension for real then the matter receiver will be created and the dial stays there.

Note! To get back out of the dimension if you were to do it the legit way you need to take a dialed matter transmitter with you! i.e. you place down a matter transmitter in the overworld. Give it full power. Dial it to a receiver in the overworld (where you want to get back) and then pick it up by shift-clicking a wrench. The matter transmitter will keep the energy and destination and you can take it with you to the other dimension where you can place it down to go back. After placing this transmitter down it will still be dialed but due to a bug you will not see the green dial beam. It still works however. Warning! This transmitter has only enough energy in it for *one* trip back to the overworld! If you plan to go back to the dimension and return again you should bring some energy with you.

There is much more to say (this is a complex system) but I ran out of time. Let me know if you have any questions.

And remember! This is beta! Use at your own risk!

@McJty

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Cute Mob Models 1.0.10 (by yarrmateys) MC1.8
=1.0.10
-updated to mc 1.8
-removed hitbox scaling for now. i need something better than overwriting original mobs for that. it's more prone to crashing with it on and less compatible with other mods anyway.
-added model upscaling option for wither skeletons.
-silverfish's model scaling option adjusted, it was too large and still going out of its hitbox.
-added glowing eyes effect to enderman's hat, both spiders' hair ornaments.
-witch model can now show what she's holding in her hand.
-ghast sister's a bit more active now. she will hunt down all animals, passive mobs and tamed mobs like wolves. still ignores players unless attacked.
-made and added guardian and guardian elder models.
-note, until i can change the hitbox and eye level through renderer or other way that doesn't involve overwriting or modifying the original mob code, they will stare above instead of at their target and will fire their beams from their knees (or stomach for elder).

note, this was developed with the current version of forge, which is an early beta and has no recommended release. so, it might crash if things change. i'll be releasing a patch for that if it happens.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Cute Mob Models 1.0.10 (by yarrmateys) MC1.8
=1.0.10
-updated to mc 1.8
-removed hitbox scaling for now. i need something better than overwriting original mobs for that. it's more prone to crashing with it on and less compatible with other mods anyway.
-added model upscaling option for wither skeletons.
-silverfish's model scaling option adjusted, it was too large and still going out of its hitbox.
-added glowing eyes effect to enderman's hat, both spiders' hair ornaments.
-witch model can now show what she's holding in her hand.
-ghast sister's a bit more active now. she will hunt down all animals, passive mobs and tamed mobs like wolves. still ignores players unless attacked.
-made and added guardian and guardian elder models.
-note, until i can change the hitbox and eye level through renderer or other way that doesn't involve overwriting or modifying the original mob code, they will stare above instead of at their target and will fire their beams from their knees (or stomach for elder).

note, this was developed with the current version of forge, which is an early beta and has no recommended release. so, it might crash if things change. i'll be releasing a patch for that if it happens.

Can't this be done with a resource pack now?