Twilight Forest help. Please?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Levi Pfatz

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been working hard for a while, to get some nice weapons to go visit the twilight forest. I did, except now I have perpetual hunger, and I died, in what I think was an entrance to a labyrinth. I can't break my grave to get my stuff back, it just pops right back with a wired yellow effect, the same every other block I try to break does, and the monsters don't loose any hears when I hit them. All of those problems are solved when I am in creative mode (except the grave, which is then destroyed, without giving me items. It tested that on graves that didn't have anything important in them.) But of course playing in creative isn't what I want to do... Also my mini map became rectangular and in the top center of my screen, I would kinda like to put it back the way it was. Can anyone help me?

--
Thanks

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Twililght Forest has forced progression. You must beat bosses in the correct order to unlock new areas. Those areas are protected by awful debuff fields.

You can disable forced progression (either in the config, or by setting a game rule, depending on the version of TF). That should let you go retrieve your stuff.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
The Hunger debuff is in swap type biomes, setup your farward base in a any of the other biomes types & your good to go, the other problem could be your in wrong game mode, its been a long time but as I remember there are 4 creative, creative+ adventure & survival, creative & + blocks broken are lost, adventure most blocks can not be broken, survival mode = normal game play mode.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Follow the achievements for twilight forest and when you finish you will no longer get the debuffs first up is the naga then lich then so on its a neat mechanic imo the tiered progression and it helps you learn a lil of the mod if you have never played with it before

BeodinZ

Apr 19, 2020
As others said, Twilight Forest forces you to do a progression style through advancements, and the Hunger effect happens if you go to the Swamp without killing the Naga, and the Lich in this order. Although, with my girlfriend, I had a different problem.

From the middle of nowhere she got a hunger style effect (Tho it appeared as if it was "Resistance") that was with a 2 second span that kept restarting over and over. The hunger effect kept going on not only on the Twilight Dimension, but it kept on the Overworld aswell. We weren't able to find any answers to the problem, so I tried using cheat to solve it.

To solve it, I took all of her advancements in Twilight away (Using the command " /advancement revoke (player) from twilightforest:root " ), that way, in any place that she stepped without those advancements, she would be with the respective effect from the area. Then, I made her go near the Lich castle, that way she would be with the Lich effect, and then I tried to clean her effects using the command " /effect (player) clear ", but we were unsuccessfully. Then without giving her any advancements, she went near the Aurora Castle, and she obviously got the Frozen effect. Then, I, instead of using the " /effect clear ", I used the " /advancement grant (player) from twilightforest:root ", that way she received all of the Twilight's achievements, making hers effects go away, including the Hunger one.

I know that it isn't truly fair, 'cause we not only used cheats, aswell as I gave her ALL the Twilight advancements, but it was the only way that we were able to solve the situation without having to mess with the mod programs itself.

I hope that it can help anyone looking for solving this problem, because we weren't able to find any kind of help we needed online.

Technic Launcher
Modpack Tekxit 3 (Official)
Twilight Forest mod ver. 1.12.2

RiverZoo

Sep 24, 2020
For one of the solutions, it's just cheat in the advancement, but I don't have cheats enabled, is there another way to fix this, or a way to turn on cheats in game?