[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason one shouldn't be able to make Thaumcraft void seeds in this pack? My son was trying last night to no avail. I couldn't find anything in the configs, and I haven't gotten around to trying it myself. I didn't want to pick up all of his research on our server, since he is way warped (which he seems to enjoy) and I didn't have a chance last night to try it in creative. (BTW, how would one go about that? There must be come kind of creative mode thaumonomicon (sp?)....)
There is a "cheat sheet" item which is creative only. Reading it gives you all the research. It has to be configured though. Not sure if the configs are set to allow it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone know how to move a "specific" number of items from one inventory to another?

Specifically: I wanna move precisely 9 tiny dusts to a packager. Thoughts plz n thx?

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
(Super) Chest buffer + screwdriver on its output face. Set stacksize output to 9. Use the buffer as a dust buffer.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
SpwnX, you're a god. I had no idea the output faces could be screwdrivered (playing around with it in other machines atm)

This works great.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Two issues have been found (nothing too extensive)
- [2.0.0] Crash might happen when exploring the End
- [2.0.0] Thaumcraft has a little bug where it can generate "big" logs with its API error spam. Removal of Automagy will partially fix it.

Added to Known Issues in the OP

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you all know I've opened a public server for v2.0.0 of the modpack. If your interested make sure you read the information on the forums and submit an application at infitech.enjin.com

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: MigukNamja

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you all know I've opened a public server for v2.0.0 of the modpack. If your interested make sure you read the information on the forums and submit an application at infitech.enjin.com

Sent from my iPhone
Dang! I'm heading out of town for 2 weeks today. Server will probably be in the LV/MV electrical age by the time I get back.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
I have some more questions, this time about Gregtech stuff.

1. Is there a way to connect XU barrels to GT pipes? For example, I'd like to put water into a machine/boiler from an XU barrel. Connecting the pipe to the bottom of the barrel doesn't seem to work. I tried putting a GT pump on the pipe, but that didn't work either. The pump didn't even go on the pipe. I have used the pump as a cover on a fluid extractor to move molten tin from there to the assembler, so I am not a total moron...

2. I have a set up with a railcraft boiler and some high pressure coal boilers. GT pipes (with shutter covers) feed into a railcraft tank. The tank is drained from the bottom into another run of GT pipe to power machines. It kinda works, but steam tends to back up in the pipes leading to the tank, even though I have shutter covers in there. I even have a shutter cover on the face of the pipe that connects to the tank. The tank has essentially zero steam, the feed pipe is full and the one coal boiler is venting steam because things are backed up. Any ideas? I am pretty sure my shutters are set right, as any of the three steam sources can fill the feed pipe. And it is not totally broken because some steam does make it into and then out of the railcraft tank to run the machines. It just doesn't seem to be running optimally though....

Or should I just give up and use BC pipes? They top out at 800 L/s though, right? So how am I supposed to feed the higher level steam turbines that way? Plus that feels "chintzy".

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have some more questions, this time about Gregtech stuff.

1. Is there a way to connect XU barrels to GT pipes? For example, I'd like to put water into a machine/boiler from an XU barrel. Connecting the pipe to the bottom of the barrel doesn't seem to work. I tried putting a GT pump on the pipe, but that didn't work either. The pump didn't even go on the pipe. I have used the pump as a cover on a fluid extractor to move molten tin from there to the assembler, so I am not a total moron...

2. I have a set up with a railcraft boiler and some high pressure coal boilers. GT pipes (with shutter covers) feed into a railcraft tank. The tank is drained from the bottom into another run of GT pipe to power machines. It kinda works, but steam tends to back up in the pipes leading to the tank, even though I have shutter covers in there. I even have a shutter cover on the face of the pipe that connects to the tank. The tank has essentially zero steam, the feed pipe is full and the one coal boiler is venting steam because things are backed up. Any ideas? I am pretty sure my shutters are set right, as any of the three steam sources can fill the feed pipe. And it is not totally broken because some steam does make it into and then out of the railcraft tank to run the machines. It just doesn't seem to be running optimally though....

Or should I just give up and use BC pipes? They top out at 800 L/s though, right? So how am I supposed to feed the higher level steam turbines that way? Plus that feels "chintzy".
I'm surprised the GT pump didn't work. The fact that you say it didn't go onto the pipe is a bit suspect: pumps always go onto pipes, in fact they stay on the pipes after you wrench the pipe off the floor.
Make sure you are screwdrivering the pump into the desired mode (input in this case.)

For the boilers: you can also used enderio fluid conduits (3 tiers). If you're using shutters, and you've screwdrivered them into the correct mode (depends on which side of the pipe you place them) the water will not flow back. I did testing with this last night in fact, producing steam from a tungstensteel boiler (which, btw, produces insanely more steam than your HP boiler) and was able to accommodate most of it (I eventually switched to liquid transfer nodes, which are likely beyond your tech level at this time.)

I suspect your biggest problem may be the throughput of the pipe itself. Consider getting a larger pipe or better one (steel instead of bronze, etc). Make a "portable scanner" and constantly scan your pipes to see if they're creating a bottleneck.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised the GT pump didn't work. The fact that you say it didn't go onto the pipe is a bit suspect: pumps always go onto pipes, in fact they stay on the pipes after you wrench the pipe off the floor.
Make sure you are screwdrivering the pump into the desired mode (input in this case.)

Huh. I'll have to try again. It was late, maybe I messed something up...

For the boilers: you can also used enderio fluid conduits (3 tiers).

Good tip.

If you're using shutters, and you've screwdrivered them into the correct mode (depends on which side of the pipe you place them) the water will not flow back. I did testing with this last night in fact, producing steam from a tungstensteel boiler (which, btw, produces insanely more steam than your HP boiler) and was able to accommodate most of it (I eventually switched to liquid transfer nodes, which are likely beyond your tech level at this time.)

My one issue is the steam not going into the railcraft tank. The pipes just fill up (no back flow due to shutters, so they fill really nice).

The GT boilers scare me. I made one in creative mode last night and kablammo. One thing I was going to try is use a fluid detector on a GT pipe to turn the boiler off before the water runs out. But I had two problems:

1. I couldn't get the water from the drum into the pipe.

2. I couldn't figure out how to use redstone to turn the boiler on and off.

I suspect your biggest problem may be the throughput of the pipe itself. Consider getting a larger pipe or better one (steel instead of bronze, etc). Make a "portable scanner" and constantly scan your pipes to see if they're creating a bottleneck.

I am using large steel pipes (9600 L/s IIRC) to feed the tank.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My one issue is the steam not going into the railcraft tank. The pipes just fill up (no back flow due to shutters, so they fill really nice).
I need to rule out the obvious real quick here: you are directing your pipes into a railcraft tank valve, correct? I can confirm that GT pipes interact with valves.

The GT boilers scare me. I made one in creative mode last night and kablammo. One thing I was going to try is use a fluid detector on a GT pipe to turn the boiler off before the water runs out.
Bear in mind that RC boilers kablamo too when they run outta water :)

I wonder if BC gates can detect the level of liquid in a tank. You could always have a tiny BC tank buffer for your water right before it feeds the boiler. If that tank ever gets < 75%, stop the flow of fuel into the boiler (which is definitely redstone-able). Ideally redstone-latch that process so that the boiler doesn't keep flipping on and off just because your water supply is insufficient.

The nice thing about GT boiler is that it converts fuel very quickly: shutting off its fuel source will kill the steam production way way faster than the RC version. If you're dealing with long-burning fuels (such as diesel), you might be able to use a "smaller" input hatch, as I believe those have smaller buffer tanks ( I could be wrong about that).

The crappy thing about the GT boiler is that its at best 25% as efficient as the RC one at burning fuels.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019

Sent from my iPhone
I would love to try out the server. ign is danieledward. Sorry, I can't seem to find a good spot to fill out an application on the enjin site. I'm 32 and am a bit of a lone wolf, always have been. I'd like to think that in the late game I'd be more social lol

Last edited:

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. I'll have to try again. It was late, maybe I messed something up...

Good tip.

The GT boilers scare me. I made one in creative mode last night and kablammo. One thing I was going to try is use a fluid detector on a GT pipe to turn the boiler off before the water runs out. But I had two problems:

1. I couldn't get the water from the drum into the pipe.

2. I couldn't figure out how to use redstone to turn the boiler on and off.

I am using large steel pipes (9600 L/s IIRC) to feed the tank.
I had this EXACT thing happen to me in a single player world. Turns out while I was placing GT pipe that some water got into the network and clogged up a steam turbine. All I did was remove and replace the GT pipe and they started passing steam again.

Man I need an avatar.

Edit: I may have misunderstood your issue....I see now that you are trying to input in to the bottom of the tank....not sure what implications there are for that as the tank itself wants to output. Sorry.

Last edited:

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
I need to rule out the obvious real quick here: you are directing your pipes into a railcraft tank valve, correct? I can confirm that GT pipes interact with valves.

Yes. Incoming steam is on the side, outgoing steam in from the bottom. It is working, kinda. The problem is the steam backs up in the boilers and input pipe rather than filling the tank. Some does go in the tank though, and if I let it go long enough, it will fill, but the output pipes need to fill first....

Bear in mind that RC boilers kablamo too when they run outta water :)

But only if you try to refill them hot, right? GT is much more dangerous because as soon as it goes dry -> blammo.

The crappy thing about the GT boiler is that its at best 25% as efficient as the RC one at burning fuels.

Another issue is that it doesn't seem to burn creosote....

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: I may have misunderstood your issue....I see now that you are trying to input in to the bottom of the tank....not sure what implications there are for that as the tank itself wants to output. Sorry.

No, input to the railcraft tank is from the side, output from the bottom. The issue is with flow. If I have some pipes going from a boiler to a tank, I expect this behavoir:

Code:
t     boiler    pipe   pipe   tank
-------------------------------------
0    50       0          0         0
1    50      50         0         0
2    50      50         50       0
3    50      50         50       50

Instead I am getting:

Code:
t  boiler  pipe  pipe  tank
-------------------------------------
0  50    0    0    0