[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
HaHa I meant Enderstorage mod. I just got the InGameInfo mod, thanks for the config. That is a really helpful mod:)

Agreed. I just installed it last night -- so helpful.

Unrelated -- I ran around to the west of my base and found three stand-alone cemeteries. Didn't bother trying to explore, I heard the blaze noise and NOPE. :)

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
But as it stands, Brutal Pigmen 2 shot me in tough leather armor

Yike! I thought brutish pigmen had been removed. I must be lucky because I haven't run into any yet.

Yeah, the starter city is still pretty tough. I built a hang glider platform 64 blocks above my base, flew to the city, landed on top of the factory building, broke through the ceiling and got the pigman spawner. Then down the elevator, it was easy to get the spider spawner below. I suppose I got fairly lucky.

My visits to other cities have all resulted in my death or quick retreat, though I'm the first to admit that I'm not really prepared for city raiding just yet.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
I was prepared. I had a bronze pan, tough leather armor for all pieces, 2 hardened tanks full of water. Many various foods, a golden bag of holding, a glider and a jetpack. I was good to go. But yeah, it still kicked my butt. As for the pig men, I thought they got removed entirely from the first city (hense my comment) and I thought that brutish everything was removed (along with theif everything, but I didn't see any thief anything, so maybe they were removed).

And yeah, it sounds like your starter city was only half buried. As I said, half buried cities aren't nearly as bad. My starter city was deeply buried. The factory buildings are completely, 100% submerged in sand. You can't even see their roofs (which are several blocks below ground level). They have signs sticking out of the sand to show you where they are...sort of...but yeah...100% buried...

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I was prepared. I had a bronze pan, tough leather armor for all pieces, 2 hardened tanks full of water. Many various foods, a golden bag of holding, a glider and a jetpack. I was good to go. But yeah, it still kicked my butt. As for the pig men, I thought they got removed entirely from the first city (hense my comment) and I thought that brutish everything was removed (along with theif everything, but I didn't see any thief anything, so maybe they were removed).

And yeah, it sounds like your starter city was only half buried. As I said, half buried cities aren't nearly as bad. My starter city was deeply buried. The factory buildings are completely, 100% submerged in sand. You can't even see their roofs (which are several blocks below ground level). They have signs sticking out of the sand to show you where they are...sort of...but yeah...100% buried...

Did you go to the correct starter city cause the quest is wrong i forgot to fix the location of the city in the book the starter city is NW of the shuttle not N

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, I read your post here. About 500 blocks NW of the shuttle is where I went. The city itself was MUCH smaller than a normal city. I could see the northern end of the city from the southern end, for instance. Maybe 2-3 dozen buildings total, probably less.

Something to point out that may be at least part of the issue was that this save file was an old save. I had never gone more than 50 blocks in any direction from spawn, but it was a 1.1.2 world that I was playing on. I basically just started playing CL a third time in 1.1.2, got the very basics up (a small garden, a supply of water, a 5 tree orchard, tiny cactus garden, and a simple SFM sieving system up and running), so that I didn't have to worry about the basics when 1.1.3 came out and could hit up the cities immediately. So maybe that is partially responsible for some of the issues (like Pigmen in the starter city or Brutal Pigmen existing at all). But still, the main issue here is the amount of work required to get to factories in cities and that the buried city technique does not cut down on non-factory "window shopping" at all. The fix didn't fix the problem and made city exploration an extreme slog. :(

EDIT: P.S. Just wanted to say that even if this stuff never gets resolved and 1.1.2 was my last hurrah for CL, I still think Shane and Iskandar made an awesome pack that I got countless hours of enjoyment out of for literally no dollars. So yeah. I appreciate all the hard work you guys put into the pack and I'm not mad about any of the changes or anything...just sad...

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
if your in a old world then there wont be a starter city cause the city is pregened. For ppl that are on a new map the Starter City is there to get the starter supplies needed to advance far enough to take on the hard cities. For old maps ppl should have already been to at least one of the old easy cities to get the starter supplies needed to advance

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
That makes more sense. Interesting that there was a city right where it was supposed to me...I'll have to try an entirely new game at least once. But yeah, the digging, so much digging...just really can't get behind it.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I think you may of went to a small randomly generated standard city and not the starter. Since in the 1.1.3 map the shuttle location was changed completely from where it was in 1.1.2 and as was said above the starter city is pregenerated as part of the map template.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
That makes more sense. Interesting that there was a city right where it was supposed to me...I'll have to try an entirely new game at least once. But yeah, the digging, so much digging...just really can't get behind it.
Reading your first post and saw you say you found a 2 story office if that correct then you found one of the towns. As to digging you say the half buried cities arnt that bad well the starter city is 4 deep or if your on a old map look for a half buried city them find Tcon building so you can make the Tcon excavator then have fun digging

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Reading your first post and saw you say you found a 2 story office if that correct then you found one of the towns. As to digging you say the half buried cities arnt that bad well the starter city is 4 deep or if your on a old map look for a half buried city them find Tcon building so you can make the Tcon excavator then have fun digging

Also, there are pigmen in the starter city (in fact, all three times I've started over, there was a pigman spawner in the closest ticon factory). Just sayin.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I have been working on an ice map as requested by some people on a map suggestion thread and here is the first snapshot. It probably won't be done for a while and I am a third party to the pack and in no way am connected to iskander. just though you guys might be interested. Probably going to be finished around mid to late January(Just in case anyone was actually interested). Custom quest book and everything
zlpVSjQ.png

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I really wish some blocks would add to, or negate heat when standing on them. That way, say you replace the top layer of dust(or even if you had to replaced 2) it would keep you cool. Like stone brick. Oh well:)

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I really wish some blocks would add to, or negate heat when standing on them. That way, say you replace the top layer of dust(or even if you had to replaced 2) it would keep you cool. Like stone brick. Oh well:)

If I'm not mistaken I think standing in water is suppose to cool you down as well as being near ice. However I do wish that we had some form of AC unit or machine that can he used to cool us down while at our bases instead of endlessly refilling our camel packs.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not mistaken I think standing in water is suppose to cool you down as well as being near ice. However I do wish that we had some form of AC unit or machine that can he used to cool us down while at our bases instead of endlessly refilling our camel packs.

Shane tweeted about making the vent blocks you can find on top of some of the buildings functional in 1.1.4...