Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem in 1.0.1 where the NEI search will randomly stop working, anyone got a fix?

It seems to be caused by clicking on the search box and making it turn yellow... once you've done that, NEI will no longer work properly, and Direwolf himself mentions this problem in his Let'sPlay (early on, maybe it was episode 2 or 3) - the solution is aggravating but easy, just shut your game down and restart it, that will fix NEI. And don't click on the search box and make it turn yellow! That's what breaks NEI in 1.0.1. I'm not sure if this is fixed in 1.0.2.

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
It seems to be caused by clicking on the search box and making it turn yellow... once you've done that, NEI will no longer work properly, and Direwolf himself mentions this problem in his Let'sPlay (early on, maybe it was episode 2 or 3) - the solution is aggravating but easy, just shut your game down and restart it, that will fix NEI. And don't click on the search box and make it turn yellow! That's what breaks NEI in 1.0.1. I'm not sure if this is fixed in 1.0.2.

Aw, that's a bummer, I love using the yellow box to search my chests :(

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
just speaking from my own experiance but even if i use the search box nei keeps working... but for a friend of mine if he does it he has to reinstallt the pack to get nei working again ^^

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
It's fixed in later versions - Chickenbones never pushed them to Recommended, for some reason. If you grab the versions from his site and replace them, you should be fine.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Alright so I've made one mystcraft world, and it was a mess. So I left, then I threw the descriptive book into a trashcan deleting it. I made a new world, and when I spawned in I crashed immediately. I've reopened the save multiple times, and all I can see around me is a field of obsidian, and I may be in a crater of obsidian. But then it crashes immediately.

So I have put the log onto pastebin, and if anyone could help me figure out how to fix this problem then it would be much appreciated! It is stopping me from playing on my world :( And my last backup was at 11 am this morning, so I'd really love it if I wouldn't have to roll back to that.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/VdChsTsh

That log seems to indicate that Mantle caused an error. You can try taking out Mantle and any other mods that depend on it (such as Tinkers Construct) and see how it goes.

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019
It's fixed in later versions - Chickenbones never pushed them to Recommended, for some reason. If you grab the versions from his site and replace them, you should be fine.

This still happens in 1.0.3.67 which is the latest version of NEI.

Alright so I've made one mystcraft world, and it was a mess. So I left, then I threw the descriptive book into a trashcan deleting it. I made a new world, and when I spawned in I crashed immediately. I've reopened the save multiple times, and all I can see around me is a field of obsidian, and I may be in a crater of obsidian. But then it crashes immediately.

So I have put the log onto pastebin, and if anyone could help me figure out how to fix this problem then it would be much appreciated! It is stopping me from playing on my world :( And my last backup was at 11 am this morning, so I'd really love it if I wouldn't have to roll back to that.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/VdChsTsh

Looks like thats caused by either the mystcraft crystal blocks or a flowing block, or flowing blocks interacting with the crystal blocks? The log isn't exactly clear on that. Deleting the age from your minecraft folder should put you at your spawn in the overworld when you log in. Definite

Anyone know of a mass storage device available to carry round with you? Got a 22 speed Hammer with silk touch and i want all that juicy stone without filling up my golden bags of holding for ores and rares..

Backpacks from Forestry, Thermal Expansion strongboxes and backpacks, and the knapsack from Tinkers' Construct all work for portable early game storage space.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
If Ender IO's Wireless Recharger (which is a wonder device mind you...) is an all intrusive on edge wife and I screwing around with a power suite set trying to get my elite battery weight to storage balance right is a table full of trolls this is bound to happen:
table-flip-o.gif

Basically, if you have a EIO wireless recharger and you also in the same vicinity, have your suite pieces being worked on, EIO's recharger basically takes his ball and goes home and quits your client.
Today's PSA: Screw around somewhere else bud.

Reactions: Cirom

Daneitoa

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've posted about three tiems (one in anger, no help really asked for there, nor any encouraged by my anger), and haven't got but two replies.

Let me jsut repeat my situation.

Industrialcraft 2 makes my client crash on the black screen when it starts up.

I have posted the crash logs already. Two people replied in kind to my posts. One said that it was a problem with java, the other explained how they fixed their client's issues with this super powerful multi-gig ram computer, even going into the settings of an unnamed program, probably Java, and changing a few thigns to make it work.

If I recall correctly, someone even saw that I made a post, and asked for me to explain my situation. Which I did in the first post. Fuel for agitation.

More fuel for agitation following the fact that I was pointed here, and got less replies.

Daneitoa

Jul 29, 2019
And stop telling people that 4 gigs of computer ram is not enough to run the FTB DW20 1.7 modpack. It is not only INCORRECT, but it is also ZERO fact and ONE HUNDRED PERCENT unproven assumption. (I think that's the correct term)

I understand that technology is not 100% reliable all the time. I learned this a long time ago. Sometimes, things just randomly end up failing to work. Mostly brought on by binary glitches or simply the fact that no matter what (simulated on two 100% identical computers, of which they are literally five minutes apart in their creation), it will not work on one computer where it works on the other.

Do not tell people it will not run if their computer has no more than 4 gigabytes of ram. Thats like telling me I can't play Fallout 3: New Vegas, yet I was just playing it five minutes before. Which, BTW, I have not been playing, have not played in a while, is a wonderful game, and I get perfected FPS when playing. I acknowledge the fact that it is in no way related to the subject, nor can it be compared to the DW20 1.7 pack. It was used purely as an example, and a very perfect one at that.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Easy now... You should be just fine with 4 total gm ram. You will have to set the luancher to at least use 2 gb though. You should be OK using either latest java 7 or 8. Understand one thing. If someone says it on the internet, it probably isn't true. If a ton of people say the same thing, it may have some merit.

Last edited:

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Ic2 not working? Last time I got one of those it was adding a mod that didn't jive. For me it was adding rotarycraft to ftb lite2. I don't know any of the technical stuff on packs, but maybe if your just hoping for the default dw20 pack, delete out the dw20 folder and redownload the pack.

Daneitoa

Jul 29, 2019
Ic2 not working? Last time I got one of those it was adding a mod that didn't jive. For me it was adding rotarycraft to ftb lite2. I don't know any of the technical stuff on packs, but maybe if your just hoping for the default dw20 pack, delete out the dw20 folder and redownload the pack.

Thank you for giving a reply of at least some kind fo tangible relation and understanding.

Fortunately, it's not a mod conflict. Unfortunately, it's IC2 alone. I could remove IC2 altogether, and it will launch, but ti will eventually throw up an error saying IC2 is required. If I run IC2 alone, it crashes. No other mods, jsut IC2 on it's own. I want to say it's a problem with the version of forge (or somethign similar that has edited the jar file) that's making it do that. But I ahve not only tried to verify that, but I have also not checked out this current possibility to fix the problem whch I discovered about a day ago.

A person a while abck posted about java ignoring arguments. If I can figure out how to make it not ignore them, I'll try it, if it doesn't work, then damn, I wasted time. All in all, there were no instructions, so I'm going to add more onto the 5 horus total I spent trying to get my client to work at all.

Daneitoa

Jul 29, 2019
My endeavors have resulted in nothing but failure. Tried simulating the same run evnironement Java-wise as someone explaiend they did to run DW20 1.7. Downgraded java 8, checked the "Use Optimization Arguments for fast computers" box, and tried running th emodpakc. No dice.

I've also tried using version 1.0.0, 1.0.1, and 1.0.2, of which didn't help.

At this point, I'm goign tos top caring to try and make pointless attempts, which I've done for quite a while, partially expecting they were redundant, and I'm going to attempt to bring this up in the IC2 support. Because, literally, it's only IC2 thats giving me a problem. I haven't tested to run IC2 alone in a side project, like manually installing it into my client aside from that which I run FTB on. In other words, I'm installing it into my vanilla minecraft files.

Not now though, I'm too tired and alzy to do that.

Techatar

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this subject.. I have a modular powersuit and a powerfist. All have sufficient energy but I can't seem to scroll through my modules for my power fist. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have held Shift + Scroll wheel. I've also changed the keybinds. Nothing works.

Direwolf20 Pack.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Daneoita if I were you I would drop back and punt. Seriously, why pull your hair out? Everybody else can run the modpack with IC2 in it just fine, so obviously it's either (a) your FTB/modpack installation, or (b) your computer. One or the other is messed up. I'd assume (a) first, since it's a simpler solution. I'd reinstall FTB from scratch, and don't add any mods and don't use any resource packs. If you've already done that, then there's just gotta be something wrong with your computer, your java, or something that nobody here can probably diagnosis from a distance via a few words on a message board.

Disclaimer: If you delete FTB folder to reinstall it, you will lose all your saved worlds. I'm sure you know that, but it should be said anyways. Back up your existing world folders before you do anything!

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
If Ender IO's Wireless Recharger (which is a wonder device mind you...) is an all intrusive on edge wife and I screwing around with a power suite set trying to get my elite battery weight to storage balance right is a table full of trolls this is bound to happen:
table-flip-o.gif

Basically, if you have a EIO wireless recharger and you also in the same vicinity, have your suite pieces being worked on, EIO's recharger basically takes his ball and goes home and quits your client.
Today's PSA: Screw around somewhere else bud.
My apologies to Ender IO and it's wonderful wireless recharger. The crazy chick flipping tables is just the PowerSuite mod. You add a component to your part inside the tinker table, and your client gets punched in the face. When you load back in, everythings cool though...