Bug Mariculture: Lamprey Temperature Tolerance

CompassRose

Jul 29, 2019
I've been crossbreeding Mariculture fish in version 1.1.2 and I've noticed something odd about the Lamprey.

The NEI states that the Lamprey can be crossbred with both the Catfish and the Pufferfish to unlock the next 2 fish in the progression (Piranha and Anglerfish) but the temperature tolerance of the Lamprey is so far down the scale that the fish won't co-exist together in the fish feeder. When the water is 'just cold enough' for the Lamprey to tolerate it, the Catfish requires the temperature to be 15 degrees warmer. They aren't even close.

Is this a bug in the NEI, where the pairing is wrong or is this a bug with the Lamprey's temperature tolerance?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
There's a few issues like this, most noticeably a diurnal and a nocturnal fish need to be bred at some point.. Being fixed in 1.7 apparently

CompassRose

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed. The Boneless Fish and Enderfish. In fact I was the one that started that thread. :D

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mariculture-breeding-the-dragonfish.51300/#post-768018

I know there's a graphical chart out there somewhere, that shows the progression of these fish (For the Monster 1.1.2 version). I was hoping to locate it, and just do a sanity check between that chart and the NEI of Monster, to make sure that it isn't an NEI bug. That maybe the Piranha, for example is crossbred like it was in the version before. With the Neon Tetra and the Catfish.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Haha you're beyond me now;) I tried to do the breeding to get me koi to make Life Essence for blood magic but gave up rather quickly when I saw I was catching them with my auto fisher... Mechanics were a bit too underdeveloped for me to enjoy.