Direwolf20 season 7 - Huzzah!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Well if this is the case I guess I will just wait it out and just clean my building up later on. I really like how the multiparts work so I'm gonna try to stick with them. I don't bother playing with configs and adding or removing mods until a few updates in where everything is clean and much more stable then it is right now, the first few versions always change configs in some way that throws mine out of wack.
Just make Conduit Facades, seriously 8 conduit binders make one facade. Put the Facade in a painting machine with ANY block and it will paint the facade that color, than the facade can be placed over the conduit. Bonus, if you hold a enderIO wrench you can see through the facade and interact with the piping.

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
Just make Conduit Facades, seriously 8 conduit binders make one facade. Put the Facade in a painting machine with ANY block and it will paint the facade that color, than the facade can be placed over the conduit. Bonus, if you hold a enderIO wrench you can see through the facade and interact with the piping.
Hmmm that is a nice bonus. Still new with enderIO so did not know that. Guess I will look into it now.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't notice the book straight away, but when I did I ofcourse quickly tried to clear a spot in my hotbar to pick up the book, but ofcourse when you rush things, bad things will happen

sooooooo....... I didn't clear a spot in my hotbar quick enough and the health of the linking book back home took alot of damage because of the poison, and ofcourse the rain gave it the final blow and pooof, the linking book died.

For the next time, you don't really need to clear a spot in your hotbar to pickup a book. Simply right click the book on the ground and the GUI will open. left click on the book in the upper-left corner and drag it to an empty space in your inventory!

Or... did that change in the 1.7 versions of Mystcraft? I haven't touched Mystcraft yet in the new pack :)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering, does anyone know which mod includes the giant nether spiders (that split into smaller spiders)? I have tried googling, by the way!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Ah right - just couldn't find any mention of them breaking up into smaller ones!

I was thinking I'd have to get up close and personal just to see what WAILA said about them - glad I don't have to do that now :)

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
While I was waiting for 1.0.2 update I have a few changes to my game. Add Simply Jetpacks & changed a few configs.
BC pump now uses water.
Elevator block doesn't use XP.
Big Reactors now needs steel.
MFR milk able to be placed (to fix Cake bug)
Terrain smasher needs a diamond pickaxe
Disabled infinite water

That’s all for now, I’m always look for ways to change my game play.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... in Direwolf's latest episode, I couldn't believe it when he started making his pickaxe out of manyullyn. I'm also surprised he's still sticking hard to moss tools *sigh*.
I did a bit of comparing just to test and the difference, in numbers, between a many head and cobalt head is interesting. a cobalt head would have roughly 2/3rds the durability of a many head.
So by the second time repairing a many tool you'd have to repair a cobalt one three times. However, the many repair takes 2 ardite and 2 cobalt, whereas the cobalt tool would only take 3 cobalt.
The biggest thing though is he built his tool around durability - but when you get moss or flux durability is practically moot, which is why some of the most popular tool combinations actually take advantage of things like stonebound, flux and paper parts, since the durability really isn't important.

I think Direwolf could stand to do a bit more research in some of the things he does this series, I'm not sure how much he does already, but the tinker's info isn't hard to find. Instead of pulling knowledge and ideas from his old series because they "worked fine", he could see what the community has created with some of this stuff. There are at least a few places where the community is way ahead of Direwolf in finding 'better' solutions, tinker's tools being one of the more glaring ones. Obviously "better" is subjective, but in this instance I mean usually more efficient/effective/faster/etc.

Watching Direwolf's videos these days is an exercise in frustration for me because he touts his videos as tutorials but he plays in such a painfully inefficient way, all I can do is roll my eyes and mutter at the screen: "idiot". Seems like hes the one who needs a tutorial. Its as if hes only plays when he is recording and thus lacks experience. After eight 40 minute sessions of gameplay I would be lightyears away from where he is at right now. Lightyears.

In his defense, this is part of the problem with modpacks IMO. You work so hard to build up your TiC tool set, finally get it the way you want them with all the fancy shiny bells and whistles... and your beloved new quarry just obsoleted every last one of em, save for "clean-up duty" around the base. LOL I find it rather unfortunate when this happens to me, but the solution seems to be "well then keep doing everything by hand and don't automate", but that takes away much of the point of doing anything in the game, save for "creative builds" which many of us aren't really all that proficient or skillful at, or very motivated to do. I dunno. Dire's never been cutting-edge or anything but I still enjoy watching.

Your statement here seems contradictory. Not automating takes away the point of doing anything in the game? Id say its quite the other way around.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Watching Direwolf's videos these days is an exercise in frustration for me because he touts his videos as tutorials but he plays in such a painfully inefficient way, all I can do is roll my eyes and mutter at the screen: "idiot". Seems like hes the one who needs a tutorial. Its as if hes only plays when he is recording and thus lacks experience. After eight 40 minute sessions of gameplay I would be lightyears away from where he is at right now. Lightyears.

Your statement here seems contradictory. Not automating takes away the point of doing anything in the game? Id say its quite the other way around.
Like every DW20 series, so god dam fkn slow ...

Duckyy19

Jul 29, 2019
Need a hand guys i added simply jet packs but don't have the jet-plate redstone arsenal/simply jetpack crossover i had it in ftb lite 3 is there a config or something im missing

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019

"My videos are tutorials"
is not the same as
"My videos teach you to be the most efficient minecraft player"

that said, I agree. I can't watch Direwolf anymore myself.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
You realize of course he makes his series last as long as possible so the next version of the modpack is ready with little space between seasons right?
There is having long series and their is having fun to watch series...
He makes em long but they get so boring to watch its not rly worth it

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The chisel cobblestone he uses looks similar to the stone bricks he would normally use, but they are easer to make since you don't need to smelt cobblestone.
Windowless brick cuboids, here we go again.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
It wouldn't be Dire with out the 9x9. For the most part I agree. But, I did like his idea of painting the glowstone. So occasionally he does come up with something good.

Azon_PL

Jul 29, 2019
While I was waiting for 1.0.2 update I have a few changes to my game. Add Simply Jetpacks & changed a few configs.
BC pump now uses water.
Elevator block doesn't use XP.
Big Reactors now needs steel.
MFR milk able to be placed (to fix Cake bug)
Terrain smasher needs a diamond pickaxe
Disabled infinite water

That’s all for now, I’m always look for ways to change my game play.
You disable infinte water? Why?

I disable ore gen for PR gems (they are useless, and they are doubleing with BoP gems)
Also, I remove apetite ore generation and add Magic Bees mod to the pack (there is a bee that can make fetilizer) - so now setup Forestry farms is a little more challenging.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
You disable infinte water? Why?

I disable ore gen for PR gems (they are useless, and they are doubleing with BoP gems)
Also, I remove apetite ore generation and add Magic Bees mod to the pack (there is a bee that can make fetilizer) - so now setup Forestry farms is a little more challenging.
Mainly to try something different also I nether liked the idea how 2 water source black can create a third. (seems like a bug) Also there are so many other ways to generate water in this pack that it’s not really an issue.