Big Reactors OP

SweaterLock

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys... just watched the mod spotlight on Big Reactors and I am very intrigued... I heard the max size was 32x32x64. So I was wondering how much power I could milk from a reactor that size.

I was hoping if anyone knew the most rf/t from 1 Big Reactor and 1 Turbine or 1 Big Reactor alone. If you could give me the layout I plan to build it in my creative world for the lawls.

Before you ask "why would you ever want to do that?" I will say right now... because I can.
Thanks in advance guys!

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
The max size is 32x32x48 with the default configs. A passive Reactor of this size can produce over 1.6M RF/t. An active reactor of this size produces steam way over 50B/t (Wich is the max steam a Big Reactor can produce). Even when rot insertion is set to 99%. As for reactor layour, take a look at this spreadsheet.

As for a turbine, a 7x7x17 turbine with 4, 8 block coils of ludicrum and 80 blades produces ~27800 RF/t and consumes 2B/t. Meaning that a reactor designed to produce 50B/t can power 25 turbines at a time for 695000 RF/t.

Now the interesting thing is going to come in when we get dense steam, a feature planned for a future Big Reactors update. It will allow us to harness the full power of a active cooled max size reactor. Wich for easy mode calculation I am going to asume produce 100 times 50B/t (its more, way more). Good to power 2500 turbines and 69.5M RF/t. Cant wait!

Last edited:

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
You think Big Reactors is OP? Try ReikaTech (tm) Fus-I-Tron 9000K Powah Generator, and watch it generate enough power to fulfil the power needs of France!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
From BigReactors. I think it's the best material you can use for turbine coils, but it's crazy expensive and requires nether stars.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
From BigReactors. I think it's the best material you can use for turbine coils, but it's crazy expensive and requires nether stars.

Looks like crap though. Almost all the other blocks in this mod look awesome, (especially graphite blocks) so what gives? Who cares about power output anyway when theres nothing that requires that much and theres only about ten billion ways to get more? Whats truly important here is how awesome turbines look and how they could be integrated into a base design. Whats wrong with you people?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Are they plaid?

Ludicrum... Ludicrous Speed... Okay, I'll just go back to watching SpaceBalls...

Reactions: AnttiV

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
Are they plaid?

Ludicrum... Ludicrous Speed... Okay, I'll just go back to watching SpaceBalls...
ludicrous-speed.jpg

That's how fast an engine goes when it's powered by Ludicrum.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Are they plaid?

They're bright pink. LOL

My understanding is that the block was introduced to provide something slightly better at passive cooling than liquid ender. But I'm no Big Reactors expert, so don't quote me on that! I've never killed a Wither in my life, so I've never gotten a Nether Star, ever... so I doubt I'll be using Ludicrum blocks any time soon.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
My understanding is that the block was introduced to provide something slightly better at passive cooling than liquid ender. But I'm no Big Reactors expert, so don't quote me on that! I've never killed a Wither in my life, so I've never gotten a Nether Star, ever... so I doubt I'll be using Ludicrum blocks any time soon.

They dont go inside a reactor, only inside a turbine. As for why:
E. Beef @ http://www.big-reactors.com/#/ said:
Also, as a workaround for the annoying issue where turbines don't properly appear assembled (which is the oredict issue in CoFHCore I mentioned above), I've added a new block: ludicrite. It's designed to be ludicrously expensive, but slightly “better” than enderium and other mod blocks, and I've hardcoded a check for it, so it won't suffer from the oredict issue.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
They dont go inside a reactor, only inside a turbine. As for why:

Aha thanks for correcting me. I've never used turbines and steam, just the passive cooled simple reactor is plenty of power so far. I hope someday it isn't enough power so I can learn about turbines.