MineFactory Reloaded Harvester Harvesting a massive area

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I have a typical harvester-Planter setup, both with silver upgrades. I turned both of them off for some maintenance on my sorting system. When I turned the Harvester back on, however, I noticed it wasn't harvesting the area it was supposed to; instead, it was harvesting the jungle behind it.
I am using the FTBLite2 pack, with additional mods (Enderstorage, tinkersconstruct, galacticraft, Mystcraft, Iron chests, computer craft). None of these mods caused this I think, because i was happily playing for 1/2 hr with them and the harvester on.
Below is what the jungle looks like, and where the harvester is.
2014-11-08_09.50.16.png 2014-11-08_09.56.49.png 2014-11-08_09.57.24.png
As is seen in the third picture, the harvester is facing the other direction.
Does anyone know what has caused this?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The harvester happily cuts down trees that are connected to each other through leaves. Maybe your tree farm was just a bit too close to the jungle?

Reactions: L0neGamer

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe. How would I then stop this environmental catastrophe? Replace the Harvester?
EDIT: Yeah that seemed to work. Thanks!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
This is what you get when you place the harvester one layer above the ground level of a forest...
2014-04-22_10.54.57.jpg

Looks kinda deforestated doesn't it? xD

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Harvesters are very effective at getting rid of jungles and forests. Is there anyway I can rejuvenate the jungle though, short of starting a new world or planting tons of jungle saplings?

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Harvesters are very effective at getting rid of jungles and forests. Is there anyway I can rejuvenate the jungle though, short of starting a new world or planting tons of jungle saplings?

Copy your world folder often to a safe location elsewhere on your computer (just hit ESC to pause the game, switch out to your windows desktop, navigate to FTB directory and copy the world folder, then resume your game). If something unexpected like this ever happens, you have an easy way to "reset" your world to an earlier point in time. Of course this method only works for single player, but this is what I do even if others might consider it "cheating" or something. I'm not willing to lose a lot of my hard work to some dumb creeper who decided to have a TNT party at my expense. :)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you can use MCEdit to remove the affected chunks and they'll be generated freshly next time. Make a backup first.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the tips guys, I've decided that the jungle isn't worth the bother it would take to recreate it. The jungle will live on in the 72+ stacks of jungle wood I have in barrels.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the tips guys, I've decided that the jungle isn't worth the bother it would take to recreate it. The jungle will live on in the 72+ stacks of jungle wood I have in barrels.

It's hell being OCD and trying to play this game sometimes. :D I've learned to just not worry that I didn't break every leaf block after chopping down a tree. The world will be just fine. lol

Jungle wood isn't really all that bad, I think it has a nice darker tone to it compared to regular oak wood, but not too dark. Maybe a little too reddish, but... Also, if you ever need to mass-produce cocoa beans (bee frames come to mind), you will appreciate having that jungle wood!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder what's more productive in a tree farm: Jungle or Dark Oak?

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I use Rubber wood, cause rubber is always useful, and it keeps the farm alive. Jungle produces massive, but obviously doesn't have rubber. And has too many vines.
I always wanted to see how a sacred rubber tree would work...

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I use Rubber wood, cause rubber is always useful, and it keeps the farm alive. Jungle produces massive, but obviously doesn't have rubber. And has too many vines.
I always wanted to see how a sacred rubber tree would work...
unless you want to melt your computer, do not try :p

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
How about a mega rubbber tree? It's roughly as big as a redwood tree. I think I'll never need more rubber than that.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
see the mfr config file for the settings on the harvestor...sometimes they can be a bit...much ;)

i believe you want config/powercrystals/minefactoryreloaded/common.cfg, tweak the TreeMaxHorizontal and TreeMaxVertical values to your liking

and sacred rubber tree? dont. just...dont ;) you will reset your map. its that bad. think the navii home tree from Avatar, times 1000.