Boosting Performance in Mod Packs?

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All,

I've recently released a Beta build of my pack on the FTB Launcher, and it is a rather large pack with 144 mods on the launcher and 146 in the upcoming version. I've noticed however despite having a good PC I am getting some performance problems, particularly when generating new chunks, sometimes the game may hang for 10-15 while generating, generally in a loaded area it stabilizes out to 100FPS or so, but I know for people on lower end machines than myself may suffer frame-rate problems so I would like to try and improve this. Do note however the game never outright crashes, it does come back. Does anyone have any tips regarding boosting performance for mod packs, also is there any mods that are known to cause performance issues for some people?

My Mod Pack (if further info is needed in my case)

Thanks,

MrMFretwell :)

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
Install Fastcraft by Player manually (As no-one is allowed to redistribute it)

Is this okay to recommend? If the mod author states he doesn't want the mod redistributed and lots of packs use it in my mod pack, isn't it the same thing and I'm advocating the redistribution of the mod? I just want to make sure I'm being clear and transparent with everyone, the mod author included. I don't want to be responsible for causing trouble. :)

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
Just so long as I won't get into trouble for advising people to do so with FTB or the mod author then I'm okay with it.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
FPS plus mod is great! Optifine 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
But both of those mods work differently on different machines. I tries gps plus and my fps went down by 80 precent and optifine makes my fos go up by 40 precent. So they are dependent on alot of variables

Sent from my flux armor using the tappatalk app from the flux store

TheGamingGeneral

Jul 29, 2019
But both of those mods work differently on different machines. I tries gps plus and my fps went down by 80 precent and optifine makes my fos go up by 40 precent. So they are dependent on alot of variables

Sent from my flux armor using the tappatalk app from the flux store
Gps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk