Ultimate Ghast Farm-Crash Landing

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CrusherTechnologies

Jul 29, 2019
ULTIMATE GHAST FARM

The concept is pretty simple

Once squid plants are grown they eject squid entity's upward and when they fly up they touch the witch water and become ghasts.

What do you need?
An area of free space of 7x7x9
7x7x7 box (Solid blocks of any kind) Total of 133 blocks needed for full containment
1 bucket of witch water
1 Squid Plant seed
1 Bucket of water
1 Sign

Build
Its pretty straight forward
CVV6UWr.png

1x1 hole 3 blocks high
|Sign| On top
|Squid plant| In middle
|Water Block|On bottom
and inside of the 7x7x7 box you place 1 source block of witch water
7x7x7 containment on top of the 1x1 hole in the middle
And there you have a ghast farm
How you choose to kill it is your choice however grinders are ideal
----
I like having an activator apply bone meal to one squid plant for a good amount of ghast spawns per minute. The only real downside to the build is the "faint" ghasts can fly though blocks like a ghost spider can.
So in short at the cost of bone meal you can get ghast tears, and gunpowder at a fairly decent rate.​

CrusherTechnologies

Jul 29, 2019
Pay no attention to the ghasts in the background.
Those were from lesser effective versions of the ghast farm using conveyor belts to move squids forcibly into witch water. (Lesser effective)
The squid plants take up about 5 bone meal (from ex[erence) before it stops taking anymore unlike other types of pneumaticcraft plants so bone meal is not wasted if applied automatically. If you complete the quest that requires you to craft the reactant dynamo and grinder you can essentially have an infinite source of power using ghast tears and mob essence at the cost of some bone meal. P.s: Some ghasts drop iron ingots! So defiantly worth trying but not too close to your base for safety.

ipodah

Jul 29, 2019
You can also dig a 5x5 pit below Y=62, place witch water in opposite corners, dig the pit further down and squids will just spawn and turn into Ghasts (don't forget to cover the pit). I works well but : 1. it is very noisy (consider placing sound mufflers) and 2. I got tired of getting ghost ghasts (fainted ghasts?) going through the walls and flying around in my dust world. But it works.

CrusherTechnologies

Jul 29, 2019
You can also dig a 5x5 pit below Y=62, place witch water in opposite corners, dig the pit further down and squids will just spawn and turn into Ghasts (don't forget to cover the pit). I works well but : 1. it is very noisy (consider placing sound mufflers) and 2. I got tired of getting ghost ghasts (fainted ghasts?) going through the walls and flying around in my dust world. But it works.
As I am not aware of the way natural squids spawn that is some nice information. Obvsiously there can be some adjustments like putting the water directly over the witch water, but having squids eject upwards and having them turn into ghasts within half a second + toggleable so you can have an activator to break the plant to turn it off rather than constant unchangeable spawning.
So the idea is pretty much based on being efficient with resources, compact, on demand ghasts, and safety (Almost safe).