EE and FTB new map

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Who would u like to make an EE mod

• Total voters

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
Do you recon HQM could provide the same feel as the old FTB though? If there's no extravagant mechanical construct to feed then it can't really be a FTB map.

I think you could make it so so you can't craft or obtain a HQM book and have everything handed in via the QDS, but then how do you handle the rewards. I think you need the book for that so making the book inaccessible would be stupid.
Maybe The HQM team could make a reward delivery block to compliment the QDS.

HQM in its current state couldn't give quite the same feel, but I think that could be improved somewhat by letting the QDS output into chests or something rather than directly into your inventory (assuming it can't already do that, I'm not very familiar). Or even better, a ComputerCraft interface, which could certainly allow for more of the traditional style of map with varying lights and unlockable passages and everything.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
HQM in its current state couldn't give quite the same feel, but I think that could be improved somewhat by letting the QDS output into chests or something rather than directly into your inventory (assuming it can't already do that, I'm not very familiar). Or even better, a ComputerCraft interface, which could certainly allow for more of the traditional style of map with varying lights and unlockable passages and everything.
Ohh, you could let the computers import quest data to be displayed on monitors.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

I'm not sure, but is there also a block in HQM that emits a redstone signal when a quest is done?
you put down the block, right click it with the questing book with the quest selected, and when that quest is finished the block emits a redstone signal

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
Are you joking? That book has opened up so many cool new ways to play the game, and by all means I have yet to see any pack that it is "Boring" in.

I didint said that book is bad, imo some statue/building when u had to put certain items was way more intresting in this particular case, it gives that special feeling of that map. And yes book is boring, what makes it better than piramid from FTB? what new things books gives you? u have items u collect reward, simple as it is. Thats right, book is cool idea and it works perfect but it is not that spectacular.

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
I didint said that book is bad, imo some statue/building when u had to put certain items was way more intresting in this particular case, it gives that special feeling of that map. And yes book is boring, what makes it better than piramid from FTB? what new things books gives you? u have items u collect reward, simple as it is. Thats right, book is cool idea and it works perfect but it is not that spectacular.
All I'm going to say is the massive freedom that comes with the book is a lot more fun to me then a large room that says place block here.

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
still dont understand what kind of freedom u have? whats so special? It may be easier for map makers to use that book rather than make a complex building that is probably best thing with it. But still book is boring ;)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The book is a way to tell a story, guide a player through mods, tell them how to progress, etc.
But the book can't do anything without a map. It means that you can tell a story how you would before (by using written books in chests/item frames) but makes it so that certain lore cannot be seen before you should see it.

There is a lot the book can do, you just need to know how to use it :)

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
still dont understand what kind of freedom u have? whats so special? It may be easier for map makers to use that book rather than make a complex building that is probably best thing with it. But still book is boring ;)

463px-Facepalm.png

Have you seem the stories (Running Red) people have created with the book? Or the guidance the book can provide, the goals pack makers can create for players with the book? (Agrarian Skies) I believe that is a lot more interesting than throwing something at a statue and it returns something else.

By the way, I would much rather build a complex structure than create quests and make a story, its alot harder to try to come up with lore and goals than create a structure.

Edit: Put the picture in a spoiler to take up less space. :)

Last edited:

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
The HQM book shall take over the lore! And stuff... Anyhow EE2 was pretty small and i was expecting more out of it so, as long as Pahi adds lots of stuff I don't care how long it takes him to do it.

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
Lol @ FTB not being a grind.

The way I found out about Direwolf20 was watching NearbyGamer's videos a couple years ago showing him vs Direwolf20 on the FTB map. I switched over to Direwolf20's perspective to see the result of a joke Nearby played, and I never switched back. I forget how many episodes it was, but it was more than a few.

And yeah, when I saw the poll, I immediately thought of that other thread that Reika hinted at.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
All I'm going to say is the massive freedom that comes with the book is a lot more fun to me then a large room that says place block here.
While that's true, what set the FTB maps apart from other maps is that there was this beast you had to feed, without the beast to feed it would just be a poor mans Agrarian skies.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
While that's true, what set the FTB maps apart from other maps is that there was this beast you had to feed, without the beast to feed it would just be a poor mans Agrarian skies.
In a way, the book is the beast. You're still feeding it items, sometimes in large amounts *coughtenthousandlettucecough* in a way that's much more versatile than previously.