Need yellorite ore

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Flipside

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing ftb monster after playing tekkit. I used big reactors there and yellorite was easy to find, but not in ftb monster.

Is there a mod making it less abundant, like industrial craft?

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Yellorite = uranium. By default most yellorite ore (but not all for some reason) is replaced by IC2 uranium ore. Don't worry though; if you process the ores with mekanism machines (assuming you have mekanism, which you probably do if you also have big reactors) the output will still be yellorite ingots.

EDIT: Just realised monster doesn't have mekanism. There's probably another way to convert between yellorite and uranium.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Yellorite = uranium. By default most yellorite ore (but not all for some reason) is replaced by IC2 uranium ore. Don't worry though; if you process the ores with mekanism machines (assuming you have mekanism, which you probably do if you also have big reactors) the output will still be yellorite ingots.

EDIT: Just realised monster doesn't have mekanism. There's probably another way to convert between yellorite and uranium.

You can convert one way (uranium -> yellorium) through a pulverizer and you can use yellorium as a substitute for Uranium 238 in any IC2 recipe. There's no way to convert yellorium ore to uranium though.

Flipside

Jul 29, 2019
Well I know that uranium converts to yellorite. My problem is that it's as scarce as diamonds unlike in tekkit where it's as abundant iron

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Use a cheaper energy source until you can make a 256x256 quarry, I suggest to make a mystcraft age that's just one huge lava ocean and place an ender pump with an ender tank/tesseract and transport the lava to magmatic engines. I was making 10,240 RF/t with 2 stacks of magmatic engines. It doesn't last forever though so after a couple of weeks you'll have to move the ender pump around.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
in monster, theres a few ways to get yellorite without mining it:

convert uranium ore in the wild
grow uranium via magical crops
get uranium dust from bees
mfr laser drill

and reactorcraft has its own uranium...not sure if it converts to yellorium, but ive had to use it to get a high temp reactor going