Back with the 1.7 wither killer?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

japanese_pie

Jul 29, 2019

it took a while but ive finally made a 1.7 wither killer :p

let me know anything you think would be hard/impossible to automate and ill try it

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Oh oh oh oh! I know something which some people will want.
A way to automatically get gravel/sand/dust, sieve it and maybe even craft it into the corresponding "ores" and then smelt it into the ingots AND sort it.... All without using Steves Factory Manager :)

But good video :) Although an easier wither killing machine would be a warded room (blocks that are warded) with the TC (may be TT) version of the Autonomous Activator (warded) set to smack the wither with a powerful sword. And then the only thing that needs to be worked out is block placing :p

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You know enderIO has reinforced obsidian so all you need is a 7x7x7 room with a doorway and they are sooooooo easy to kill.

Reactions: PierceSG

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
You know enderIO has reinforced obsidian so all you need is a 7x7x7 room with a doorway and they are sooooooo easy to kill.
or, budget version :

3x3x4 Interior room made from reinforced obsidian, not on the edges, cost 64 reinforced obsidian instead of alot more in the 7x7x7

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Grass...
Requiring nether stars?
Are you...
Greg's Disciple?
Greg disapproves of stuff like that hence his Holy Plank of Sengir since, what?, 1.5. He is against stuff costing a lot of hard materials he prefers progression required to get those materials

Reactions: null123

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Grass...
Requiring nether stars?
Are you...
(Insert someone who makes things require a rediculous ammount of resources)'s Disciple?
No, usually I hate those sort of recipes. But I had to put that sort of recipe in to make Grass near impossible to get until you have completed a fair amount of the quests. As food is supposed to be hard to get. But seeing as I give the player the means to make withers once they enter the nether, they could POTENTIALLY bum-rush the wither, and get the nether stars pretty quickly. Then all they need to do is research the infusion altar in the Thaumonomicon to make it :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
#Evil
You must be Jaded's protege.
No Jaded is much more evil than I could ever be. She is queen evil, I am princess at most :p
I did draw inspiration from her harder recipes, but I also drew inspiration from Gideon for using a magic mod to get the most mundane things... So mix them together and the only way to do it, while making sure it could be done late game, was to force the use of a nether star, and use infusion crafting to get it. It it pretty easy to get though seeing as I do give the players the resources to get 2 withers as soon as they go to the nether, and they research the way to get grass (for now) before they can unlock infusion crafting (due to the research I have combined the recipes to)...
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUttttt... I am thinking of being more evil and stopping grass spread, and maybe having an "expensive" research cost for grass, and mycelium, once I add a Thaumonoicon page, and entries, for any infusion recipe I add :p

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
For manually killing the Wither, you can use a RoC Gravel Gun. At full charge it can do 1142.6 hearts of damage per shot, which is also instant. ( No travel time or anything. )

Oh, you can also shrink the room more if you want. Internal area of 1x3x3, with 2 gap 1 up for the doorway. ( If it's at the bottom you can't place the heads. ) This will suffocate the wither. Add another 1 block above the middle head, then walk up real close aiming up, and you can pop it with the gravel gun.

Boosted98gsx

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing on the infinity modpack. There's no gravel gun that I can find...

Also, I don't want to suffocate it, I just want it to not be able to hurt me or move while I beat it to death.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing on the infinity modpack. There's no gravel gun that I can find...

Infinity doesn't have Rotarycraft installed by default.

Also, I don't want to suffocate it, I just want it to not be able to hurt me or move while I beat it to death.

Just remember the 1 gap above the center head then and it doesn't suffocate.

Boosted98gsx

Jul 29, 2019
So we're talking 1 deep, 3 wide and tall. What do you mean by "2 gap 1 up for the doorway"? Is there anyway to provide me with an image of what you're trying to describe?

Boosted98gsx

Jul 29, 2019
Is this what you were trying to describe the internal volume to be? (obv it won't be cobble, just trying to construct a mockup)

GknZaBB.png

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Is this what you were trying to describe the internal volume to be? (obv it won't be cobble, just trying to construct a mockup)

GknZaBB.png

Yes it is. For the doorway, just have it up 1 block from the floor. ( the soul sand would block a doorway if you put it at floor level. )

Boosted98gsx

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I am trying this out in SP, to see if I can get it to work, but the wither keeps escaping out (obv the front was sealed in, I just removed it to show the structure)...

the design you recommended above didn't work either.

AoIhNLo.png