Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
giphy.gif
Jontron gif @Succubism

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Blah, half the community uses the terms "nerd" and "geek" backwards from the other half... I should have used dweeb instead, it's not as polarized.

Thread about the PR?
Yeah. Um... somewhere? At this point I've been Rules Lawyering the "Reincarnate" spell for Pathfinder 7 ways from Sunday because my DM is being a dick about a character concept I wanted to play, so I was going to give him a dissertation on why I'm right and he's a douche... and then I read the spell in full on Rules Lawyer, Character Optimizer, Grammar Paladin, Syntax Knight mode... and discovered it is a HORRIFICALLY worded spell that when you read the rules works counter to how it works in practice, probably should be worded, and in multiple cases with high profile D&D/Pathfinder designers that's not even remotely how they run it at their table.

Wait... where was I? Oh right the PR thing... I think I actually found the topic in your thread on the MCF @Reika, and the links and googling lead me to an IRC conversation? And something there said the PR guy made an account and posted a thread in FTB about it... or posted in a thread, or something. I got sidetracked and it ceased piquing my curiosity... also I really needed to work some more on the backstory and concept of my two characters that I get to bring to the game on Sunday precisely because my DM is making a ruling on whether or not my character concept is going to be playable (as I see it) or not, so I need an alternate... WHEE! Not.

Reactions: Wraithflay

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Reverse-engineering FML is sufficiently difficult that I find this unlikely.
Wait...I thought FML was open source...either way, its Java; unless the code is obfuscated, then anyone with five minutes and Google can break open your assemblies with ridiculous ease. Hell, that's how I learned half of what I know about Minecraft modding.

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Reverse-engineering FML is sufficiently difficult that I find [it being done for the lulz] unlikely.
What's the alternative explanation? That someone smart enough to "reverse engineer FML" is also dumb enough to take that PR seriously? That they just happened to used a throwaway Github account for it without realizing what they were doing? That they said things like "These are not only my opinions. Go have a look at google and see for yourself." without intending to troll? That it being titled "Add new management functionality" and it being submitted without any description isn't meant to be funny?

I honestly find it hard to believe that PR was taken as anything but an obvious joke for even one second.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1SDAN

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
That someone smart enough to "reverse engineer FML" is also dumb enough to take that PR seriously?

Well, there have been various examples throughout Minecraft's history of intelligent people with very strong opinions on how things should be. While I won't discount some extent of trolling, I honestly wouldn't discount them making a legitimate PR, either.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I swear, most months this community runs on drama-ception... or maybe the intrinsict forces of opposing but linked drama (think Yin/Yang or the One (True? I swear one day I'll remember which is which) Power from Wheel of Time)

Reactions: 1SDAN

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I swear, most months this community runs on drama-ception... or maybe the intrinsict forces of opposing but linked drama (think Yin/Yang or the One (True? I swear one day I'll remember which is which) Power from Wheel of Time)
the One Power is the orgasmic yin-yan of Saidin/Saidar while the True Power is the drug of the Dark One

Status
Not open for further replies.