So I'm trying to power a pulverizer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zalison

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaaaaand I have no idea what I'm doing. I thought making a red stone power cell would do the trick but it's basically like a bat box. It USED to be you could simply power these machines with any dang engine but now there's all this complicated RF BS I've never done before. HELP!

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
your not really helping anyone help yourself. Send a screenshot of your setup, a pack name etc. OR take the initiative check out a recent TE spotlight by DW20.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Zalison

Jul 29, 2019
That didn't do anything. Set it to what exactly?[DOUBLEPOST=1412119289][/DOUBLEPOST]here's my set up. The redcell (left) and the pilverizer (right)

Attachments

• Mc123.png
    Mc123.png
    647 KB · Views: 340

Zalison

Jul 29, 2019
And Idk how to give it power. No one can help me i guess I'll figure it out on my own thanks for nothing

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
And Idk how to give it power. No one can help me i guess I'll figure it out on my own thanks for nothing
  • Build an Aqueous Accumulator, some fluiducts, leadstone conduits and Steam Dynamos
  • Put the Aqueous Accumulator in the middle of a 3x1 infinite water source
  • Connect the fluiducts to one of the Aqueous Accumulators output faces and the other end to all the Steam Dynamos
  • Connect the leadstone conduits onto each Dynamo and then onto the Energy Cell
  • Set the Energy Cell's output to face the machines you want to power, and either put the machine directly on its face or run more conduits
  • Put coal in the Steam Dynamo to burn it as fuel, to produce energy
In this image the Dynamo is directly on top of the Aqueous Accumulator. If you only need 1 Dynamo, this works fine. If you need more, use fluiducts as described above.
Ovt3sXI.png

Last edited:

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Dynamos are the new version of engines. All dynamos produce 80 RF/t at max output. As a reference 10 RF = 1 MJ. Steam Dynamos use some form of solid fuel such as charcoal along with water to produce its power. Magmatic Dynamos use lava or pyrotheum. Compression Dynamos use a liquid fuel and a liquid coolant. Reactant Dynamos use a liquid reactant such as mob essence, sludge, etc. and a solid reactant such as gunpowder, sugar, etc. Dynamos are also intelligent in that as power ceases to be needed and their internal power buffer fills they will slowly power down to a minimum of 4 RF/t or whenever they reach a power equilibrium.

You are correct that the energy cells work as RECs(Redstone Energy Cells) used to work in TE2. Additionally conduits have a limit per connection that is displayed on each tier of conduit. That means a limitless amount of RF may flow through any of the conduits but only the specified amount of RF may go into or out of the conduit grid.

In the future I would suggest you be a bit less rude and expectant from the get go though I will apologize for the rudeness of others who posted. It is unacceptable to meet rudeness with rudeness.