[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

clonex10100

Jul 29, 2019
I started up a new world and choose the hard path, but there are only normal mobs... No special creepers or anything

zortag

Jul 29, 2019
i know the diamond dolly was removed, but still there are 2 (very less cheap) ways to take spawners.
the most expansive and not reusable is the portaspawner from MFR, but you need a netherstar for each spawner you move. (if you have a wither skeleton spawner with MFR and good attack/defence gears maybe the best one)
the second one, more complex but reusable is by using AE spatial pylons. just setup the machine with its own controller, pick up your spatial cell then move the spawner where you want.
good play

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
i know the diamond dolly was removed, but still there are 2 (very less cheap) ways to take spawners.
the most expansive and not reusable is the portaspawner from MFR, but you need a netherstar for each spawner you move. (if you have a wither skeleton spawner with MFR and good attack/defence gears maybe the best one)
the second one, more complex but reusable is by using AE spatial pylons. just setup the machine with its own controller, pick up your spatial cell then move the spawner where you want.
good play
As discussed here previously, both are basically in for no reason whatsoever since once you can safari whatever you want, you not only have more control using an MFR auto-spawner but you can do exact spawning for wither skeletons, etc.. and you don't have to be in the vicinity. It was useful early game to grab a spawner and farm ender pearls or what not. :(

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Probably a dumb question, but does anyone know how to get some rubber? Please forgive my nubness

Normal MFR raw rubber you can get a rubber sapling from a quest or from sifting dirt.

To make plastic and/or plastic sheets you can make pneumaticraft plastic and use those as plastic or craft them in a 2x2 pattern for plastic sheets.

Megmachunian

Jul 29, 2019
Normal MFR raw rubber you can get a rubber sapling from a quest or from sifting dirt.

To make plastic and/or plastic sheets you can make pneumaticraft plastic and use those as plastic or craft them in a 2x2 pattern for plastic sheets.
Thanks, I need rubber bars for conveyors. Which quest gives the sapling?

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
@SReject: yea, i cannot deny the myriad of benefits and and the clear and obvious contribution that TE3 provides to modding in general... i'm just one of those who enjoyed the quirks of IC2. which is funny, considering machines blowing a hole in the side of your base because you screwed up the cabling is basically the same as a creeper blowing a hole in the side of your base because you screwed up the fight... and while i have no problems with the machine griefing, i can't stand creeper griefing.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question. TiC Excavator's handle - is there no way to make it out of slime crystals? The wood pattern only allows stone/obby/netherrack, and they don't melt down for the gold pattern.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Quick question. TiC Excavator's handle - is there no way to make it out of slime crystals? The wood pattern only allows stone/obby/netherrack, and they don't melt down for the gold pattern.
Not in this pack. Netherrack however is an excellent handle. Or Ardite/Manyllyun if you can afford those.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Not in this pack. Netherrack however is an excellent handle. Or Ardite/Manyllyun if you can afford those.
Thanks. I went with Alumite, since it's slightly better than netherrack and cheaper for me (redstone shortage - unfortunately you can't triple redstone like you can iron). Now I have a full Alumite Excavator. Decided to call it Pink Digger.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks. I went with Alumite, since it's slightly better than netherrack and cheaper for me (redstone shortage - unfortunately you can't triple redstone like you can iron). Now I have a full Alumite Excavator. Decided to call it Pink Digger.
Steel also works well.

Re-read your post after I posted this...so, technically edit
Can only use stone for tool part casts [in this pack]. Obby doesn't need to be smelt'd. You can make Obby parts in the part builder. Pretty sure same with Netherrack. And if you're looking for high durability remember, electric tools benefit zero from this tool stat [if you plan to go that route].

Very easy to get Obby in large quantities in CL. My full obsidian excavator uses 13-16 to repair when broken.

Having some difficulty setting up an early SFM automation. Followed along with getting the sieve working pretty easily. Now I'm trying to use the same Inventory Manager to make and sieve gravel. My problem is with the additional block gate I added to place cobble. It's spitting out the cobble in item form [one cobble item at a time and not placing actual cobble blocks]. Checked my setup vs VSWE's block gate video and config is same [default trigger / input from container [blank blacklist] / output to block gate [single cobble whitelist].

Eureka! Need to right-click [empty hand maybe?] the block gate to have it place blocks [yellow square will appear]. Now to make it craft hammers...

Last edited:

Sweaney

Jul 29, 2019
Hey what is required to make a Grinder from MFR? I have the quest open to make it and the materials but when i try to craft it with said materials there is no output item. Any thoughts? Thank you for the help.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Hey what is required to make a Grinder from MFR? I have the quest open to make it and the materials but when i try to craft it with said materials there is no output item. Any thoughts? Thank you for the help.

This has been covered a billion times before, but you're most likely using books you scavenged from the city. These books have metadata on them that makes them unusable for crafting. If you have 1 normal book (with no metadata) that you either made yourself or you scavenged from the city, drop the "bad" books on the ground, have the "good" book in your inventory, pick the "bad" books up, and BAM, they are now all "good" books.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have issues with a single mb of metal getting stuck in an Ex Nihilo Crucible, leaving a 143/144mb incompletely filled cast? Is there anything to do there besides break it all, waste the ingot(s) and try again?

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have issues with a single mb of metal getting stuck in an Ex Nihilo Crucible, leaving a 143/144mb incompletely filled cast? Is there anything to do there besides break it all, waste the ingot(s) and try again?

Use a pipe and suck the liquid back into a tank or something

zortag

Jul 29, 2019
i readed and experienced some chunk loading issues (about sync and map waypoint teleport too). so why you don't add the chunk loader in the map template? or simply add a better chunk loader in the modlist (like chickenchunk or dimensional anchor). the MFR one is a power vacuum and almost useless (it dried my 5x5 big reactor cooled with gelid chryoteum in few minutes also with mob essence supply).