[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't find one until my sixth City. And it was exactly that just one reactor

I didn't find any reactors till my 8th city, it was over 3k blocks away from spawn, and I went out in rings (resonant jetpack is awesomesause). The city, thankfully, had 3. But still. It seems to be random. In a MP game I was playing with some friends, we had 2 in the second closest city, to the NW, like less than 600 blocks away. So yeah, seems very random, which is totally fine.

Reactions: Teebor

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
I have found that if I put in more than 10 at a time of any item they get stuck. Even if I am loading parts of a capcitor.
If I'm not wrong when you move groups of item it need more pressure to handle it... So you need a lot of pressure to move a group of item... After that you lose the pressure and need again to build more to the next group... I get tired and use advance pressure tubes with SFM to have enough pressure

Reactions: DragonDai

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Pam's crops are tile entities in 1.6.4; they're generally unlikely to work with harvesting entities like drones or golems due to (bizarrely) not using vanilla crop code of metadata to represent growth stages.

While I am against 1.7.10 due to having x86, HarvestCraft would be so much better in Crash Landing 2 because of all the improvements Pam has made in the newer version.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Pam's crops are tile entities in 1.6.4; they're generally unlikely to work with harvesting entities like drones or golems due to (bizarrely) not using vanilla crop code of metadata to represent growth stages.

While I am against 1.7.10 due to having x86, HarvestCraft would be so much better in Crash Landing 2 because of all the improvements Pam has made in the newer version.
I agree, but am still of the same mind that there are still issues to be resolved. Playing a 1.7.10 pack right now, played for 2-3 hours and got my smeltery up and woops, I can make casts and cast parts, but ingots? nuh uh. Nothing in config shows any issue and most likely it's maybe a minetweaker issue or something, but I'm realizing with the hit and miss of these new packs that nothing much has changed since 1.6.4 and 1.7.10 in that the pack MAKER has a LOT of responsibility to ensure everything works right, mods coexist, patching, etc... Especially at this stage. I think people are under the impression that remove the itemID conflict problem and everything is plug and play, which it isn't. Hell, forge figured out the itemid issue almost a year ago with the warning box that pops up saying items conflict and hey, here's some ranges of item ID's you can use....

Oh, and I'm still having issues in this 1.7.10 pack with things not stacking even if same item ID / name and meta. Something is screwy out there still for sure.

I've played some packs that were meticulously put together, and some I think, hobbled together with some slime and zombie sinews. :)

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
So with regards to my initial question, drones cannot auto harvest pam's seeds??

Are there any alternatives? (im thinking along the lines of vanilla pistons unless some smart person can give me a great idea)

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
So with regards to my initial question, drones cannot auto harvest pam's seeds??

Are there any alternatives? (im thinking along the lines of vanilla pistons unless some smart person can give me a great idea)
Aren't harvesters able to harvest them? I'm pretty sure they pick the entire plant and don't drop seeds though. To get around that just use a simple SFM program to convert half of the picked items back into seeds and send them to the planter.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Aren't harvesters able to harvest them? I'm pretty sure they pick the entire plant and don't drop seeds though. To get around that just use a simple SFM program to convert half of the picked items back into seeds and send them to the planter.

If you instead just set the output to a whitelist for a specific number it should work just as well keeping only that number in the planter.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
there you go. it takes a couple seconds of holding down left-click to completely shear a tree, and that provides you with enough leaves to fill several bottles of water. throw the leaves in an automated chest>hopper>crucible>tank setup. infinite water with almost no maintenance, as early as day two (although usually it'll be around day 3-4).

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019

didn't know that

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
didn't know that
Actually, the harvester will pick only the produce of some Pam's plants. After I figured out which ones, I separated my farms so I only needed a planter for one and used SFM to convert to seed an keep 2 in the planter as described earlier.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, but am still of the same mind that there are still issues to be resolved. Playing a 1.7.10 pack right now, played for 2-3 hours and got my smeltery up and woops, I can make casts and cast parts, but ingots? nuh uh. Nothing in config shows any issue and most likely it's maybe a minetweaker issue or something, but I'm realizing with the hit and miss of these new packs that nothing much has changed since 1.6.4 and 1.7.10 in that the pack MAKER has a LOT of responsibility to ensure everything works right, mods coexist, patching, etc... Especially at this stage. I think people are under the impression that remove the itemID conflict problem and everything is plug and play, which it isn't. Hell, forge figured out the itemid issue almost a year ago with the warning box that pops up saying items conflict and hey, here's some ranges of item ID's you can use....

Oh, and I'm still having issues in this 1.7.10 pack with things not stacking even if same item ID / name and meta. Something is screwy out there still for sure.

I've played some packs that were meticulously put together, and some I think, hobbled together with some slime and zombie sinews. :)
My *computer* feels like it's hobbled together with some slime and zombie sinews ever since about Minecraft 1.3, really. It's not like I don't see a performance hit in current- and last-gen games, but like... the comparison to pre- and post-Dinnerbone Minecraft feels like comparing Doom to Half-Life. And it gets worse with every version. I'm scared flowing lava blocks will erupt from the power supply vent when I try to run 1.9, or maybe my computer will just hiss and explode on me.

Exploring for cities with a jetpack is so boring and meant for city-folk! I've been playing around with Lycanite mounts in my attempt at making an ice world, and I feel like a real space cowboy wrangling eyewigs and ventoraptors. I'm still not convinced most of the creatures in this mod would really work in CL without rebalancing drops, but all this time wearing chaps is helping me to understand the @PODonnell way of Big Boy Pants survivalism.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Made the following changes for my next playthrough:

Minetweaker:
- Disabled bed recipe.
- Disabled sleeping bag recipe.
- Disabled vanilla bread recipe (3 wheat = 1 bread).
- Disabled harvest craft presser recipe which in turn disables soy milk and tofu.
- Disabled ender-quarry recipe.
- Changed Spice of Life and Hunger Overhaul cfgs to more difficult cfgs from earlier version of pack (pre 1.2).

Reactions: ScottieC

ScottieC

Jul 29, 2019
there you go. it takes a couple seconds of holding down left-click to completely shear a tree, and that provides you with enough leaves to fill several bottles of water. throw the leaves in an automated chest>hopper>crucible>tank setup. infinite water with almost no maintenance, as early as day two (although usually it'll be around day 3-4).
Okay cool. Thanks for the clarification. I was hoping for something more automated. I do know shears are quick and all.. but yeah. I think I will try for a cactus farm. A mob drop->hopper->filter for flesh->barrel would work but automating the furnace part then needs to be done. I was looking for really early game water automation. SFM needs half a stack of iron to get going too right?[DOUBLEPOST=1411539753][/DOUBLEPOST]

Minetweaker:
- Disabled bed recipe.
- Disabled harvest craft presser recipe which in turn disables soy milk and tofu.
- Changed Spice of Life and Hunger Overhaul cfgs to more difficult cfgs from earlier version of pack (pre 1.2).

Minetweaker:
- Disabled bed recipe.
For a good time, disable cobblegeneration too. :)

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019

Minetweaker:
- Disabled bed recipe.

Disable all 'Torch' recipes too?