[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
one of the many, many, MANY reasons i wish you would choose to update the pack to 1.7 after you release 1.1.3

There are many reasons not to as well. It eventually should(imo) come down to it being either convenience to update or necessity. If the later then update if the former then don't.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
This would be the other thing they were mentioning - when zombies get attacked them go calling buddies and run all over you. Or something like that. Think they said it's suppose to be vanilla mechanics? < That part is a little fuzzy in the memory.
Zombie Siege? That's supposed to be disabled in Vanilla or so I've been told.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
There are many reasons not to as well.
such as...? cause the only things i've been seeing people say is '1.7 runs like crap!', which there's already been a solution found for, and 'it'll take months!', which is irrelevant.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
such as...? cause the only things i've been seeing people say is '1.7 runs like crap!', which there's already been a solution found for, and 'it'll take months!', which is irrelevant.

Do you think 1.7 comes without bugs? TE ducts/conduits are non-existent is one of the main things that comes to mind. Beyond that it takes a complete rebuild of everything.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Do you think 1.7 comes without bugs? TE ducts/conduits are non-existent is one of the main things that comes to mind. Beyond that it takes a complete rebuild of everything.
you guys really do like making it sound worse than it is. all it takes is throwing the mods for 1.7 together and converting the configs for the updated versions (and in most cases you can usually just copy/paste the old configs anyways). mod updates, even when the mod gets restructured, are not that complicated. never have been.

too put it another way: all the legwork is already done. all it takes is copying the settings over into the updated format, whether that be direct config file copy/paste, or manually adjusting the new configs by using the old config's settings.

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Also you guys need to check out the CL website the forum over there is a lot cleaner and you should be able to find things easyer. For bugs look at The Construction Bay "Machinery and engineers. Support requests and bug reports go here." and for those that want to share your horror stories The Desert "Vast and empty. A place for stories."

Reactions: ScottieC

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
you guys really do like making it sound worse than it is. all it takes is throwing the mods for 1.7 together and converting the configs for the updated versions (and in most cases you can usually just copy/paste the old configs anyways). mod updates, even when the mod gets restructured, are not that complicated. never have been.

too put it another way: all the legwork is already done. all it takes is copying the settings over into the updated format, whether that be direct config file copy/paste, or manually adjusting the new configs by using the old config's settings.

This is incorrect. Iskandar has already stated that moving to 1.7.10 will require a 100% rewrite, from the ground up. Redo of all the buildings, the starter ship, all the quests, absolutely positively 100% of all the things will have to be redone by hand. That's why he said it will take several months. That being said, now that I know about FastCraft, I don't really care either way. My main concern (that 1.7.10 runs like absolute crap on my totally fine, non-toaster machine) is fixed with the addition of FastCraft, so yeah, either way is fine with me, although if it really comes down to it, I'd prefer he finish CL1 in 1.6.4.

O-120

Jul 29, 2019
This is my friends "crash report" when he tries to start crash landing :
Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Crash Landing v Recommended Version MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Crash Landing 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 3072
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
sep 20, 2014 2:52:48 EM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
Info: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
sep 20, 2014 2:52:48 EM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
Allvarlig: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

please help!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013

Unfortunately for packs that use HQM and/or Minetweaker it isn't nearly that simple. HQM relies on IDs for quest detection and rewards. All of that will have to be redone, I'm not even sure the quest book itself will survive without crashing horribly, so I'm almost certain that is a "start from scratch" thing. Minetweaker has changed to version 3, which would require a major overhaul of my scripts anyway, the change from IDs to names just means that it is now an almost ground up rewrite.

Beyond that, Ruins and City templates will transfer...mostly. The rules for each building, that use IDs, will need to be changed. Luckily that is fairly minor. Also, a few things have changed, so I will have to investigate that, and see what needs to be changed and what can be improved with any new functionality. Also, the fixed structures in my map, like the shuttle, will need to be rebuilt thanks to the shift from IDs to names.

Add to that the changes to existing mods, new functionality and such, and some mods still being unavailable means I'd have to rethink and rework the balance.

I'm estimating it would take me a month to upgrade. Maybe two. If I'm lucky.

Reactions: pc_assassin

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know anything about 1.7.X packs, and someone please correct me, but it seems like updating to 1.7.X at least eventually will become a necessity because mod makers will stop updating their mods for 1.6.4, which is now two versions behind?

namae

Jul 29, 2019
Encountered some weird problem with 2x2 jungle tree farm. I grew few trees and harvested them with MFR harvester, but now they just dont grow and don't seem to be affected by bonemeal (stacks of it). Moreover WAILA shows it like they are oak saplings when I try to bonemeal, although they are clearly jungle. Did anyone encounter that behaviour?
Edit: for some reason spruce saplings dont grow in same place either, probably some machines cause it.. gonna test further.
Edit2: solved it, for god knows what reason any TE conduit on top of harvester blocks nearby trees from growing.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know anything about 1.7.X packs, and someone please correct me, but it seems like updating to 1.7.X at least eventually will become a necessity because mod makers will stop updating their mods for 1.6.4, which is now two versions behind?

Doesn't make it a necessity, you can still play packs from years ago. You never really have to go to the new version, you just switch when you get to a point that the new features/mods are worth the pain.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

yes updating will become a necessity but why take a pack so close to finish and delay another month or more when he can finish it on 1.6 in just a cpl weeks this will also prevent him from having to do two compleat 1.7 packs in quick succession cause you know that as soon as CL is done ppl willl start asking whats next. So why not let him finish what he started befor asking for more

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm estimating it would take me a month to upgrade. Maybe two. If I'm lucky.
i'm willing to wait as long as it takes, and i'm sure the few others wanting the upgrade are as well. as for the rest of your post, didn't know HQM was so poorly designed, besides a lack of polish ingame (no rebindable hotkeys, etc) it seems to work just fine. like i said, the legwork is all finished, all it takes is copying existing configs over, and converting from old to new with the few that would need it. it's not like you are starting from the beginning and having to decide things like 'should this block heat up, cool off, or nothing?'

Not sure why people are in such a hurry for 1.7x, it runs horribly compared to 1.6x every time I try a 1.7x pack.
because for normal people, 1.7 is a fairly significant performance increase. 1.8 even more so. with minecraft being as terribly coded as it is, any performance increase is a massive improvement.

namae

Jul 29, 2019
Lol wut? Printing press here I come. Dropped from creeper btw (fire I think).

Attachments

• totally not op.jpg
    totally not op.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 114

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
because for normal people, 1.7 is a fairly significant performance increase. 1.8 even more so. with minecraft being as terribly coded as it is, any performance increase is a massive improvement.

As I explained, it isn't a massive improvement in a modpack environment in my experience. I've not heard of modpacks running better on 1.7 than they do on 1.6, outside of stacking stuff like fastcraft and optifine on top of them.

As far as normal people go I don't know what that means since Minecraft doesn't run on people, it runs on computers.

When these brave new modpacks that feature "massive improvement" in terms of performance appear I'll be happy to try them out.[DOUBLEPOST=1411237386][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lol wut? Printing press here I come. Dropped from creeper btw (fire I think).

You won't need a printing press, those are a common drop. :)

Reactions: Shane2482