1.7.10 Alpha Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Man... I can't wait until this FTBLite guy does his let's play series... I don't know how or what these mods work. :confused:

ikr same, although I think most of the mods in the Lite3 pack are mods that improve the gameplay rather than adding a whole bunch of machines and stuff like that.
I might do some research today to learn more about Extra Utilities and do some more testing.

Nazgulgnome

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion looks really interesting and is also highly irritating since I have no energy conduits, or itemducts, or fluiducts. Anyone know when those are supposed to come in, or are we going to be stuck with Extra Utilities pipes which need an energy transfer node to move power?

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion looks really interesting and is also highly irritating since I have no energy conduits, or itemducts, or fluiducts. Anyone know when those are supposed to come in, or are we going to be stuck with Extra Utilities pipes which need an energy transfer node to move power?
Try using MFR's rednet power conduit thingies. They won't connect to ExtraUtils power sources though. For items and fluids, just use good ol' Buildcraft. ExtraUtils pipes are quite endgame, particularly the energy nodes.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
ikr same, although I think most of the mods in the Lite3 pack are mods that improve the gameplay rather than adding a whole bunch of machines and stuff like that.
I might do some research today to learn more about Extra Utilities and do some more testing.

About 80% of the mods are just game improvments/minor features. Like Green Thumb makes a right click harvest and plant crops at the same time. And Torch Tools adds the ability to right click with a tool to place the items in the slot next to it, like TiCon tools do.[DOUBLEPOST=1411021678][/DOUBLEPOST]
All right, I guess if @VikeStep doesn't mind someone else jumping on his turf... :p (Also, I did my best to make sure I got authors' names spelled/capitalized correctly, but don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong. ;) )

Lite Mod List

• Aroma1997Core v.1.0.2.8 by Aroma1997
  • AromaBackup v.0.0.0.3 by Aroma1997
  • AutoPackager v.1.5.1a by smbarbour
  • Bagginses v.1.2 by Lordduskl
  • CG Origin v.3.0.8 by Country_Gamer
  • CodeChickenCore v.1.0.1.8 by ChickenBones
  • CoFH Core v.3.0.0B6-32 by Team CoFH
  • CoFH Lib v.1.0.0B6-26 by Team CoFH
  • Owner Emitter v.2.0.0 by Country_Gamer
  • D3 Core v.1.0.0.9 by DoubleDoorDevelopment, dries007, Claycorp
  • Extra Utilities v.1.1.0k by RWTema
  • FlatSigns v.2.0.0.17 by Myrathi
  • Forge Multipart v1.1.0.300 by ChickenBones
  • Green Thumb - Nature Overhaul v.1.1.0.1 by Enosphorous
  • InventoryTweaks v.1.59-dev-152 by Kobata
  • JABBA v.1.1.4 by ProfMobius
  • MineFactory Reloaded v.2.8.0RC3-591 by SkyBoy026
  • MineMenu v.1.1.7.B38 by dmillerw
  • MobiusCore v.1.2.3 by ProfMobius
  • NEI Addons v.1.12.2.9.jar by bdew
  • NotEnoughItems v.1.0.2.15 by ChickenBones
  • ObsidiPlates v.3.0.0.18 by Myrathi
  • Progressive Automation v.1.4.12 by obriensh
  • Redstone Arsenal v.1.1.0B4-10 by Team CoFH
  • Simply Jetpacks v.1.1.1 by Tonius
  • SolarFlux v.0.4b by Nauktis
  • StorageDrawers v.1.1.1 by Jaquadro
  • Super Crafting Frame v.1.7.10.1 by Edgar_Allen
  • Thermal Expansion v.4.0.0B5-13 by Team CoFH
  • Thermal Foundation v.1.0.0B3-8 by Team CoFH
  • TorchTools v.1.1.0.19 by DoubleDoorDevelopment, dries007, Claycorp
  • WAILA v.1.5.4a by ProfMobius
  • WAILA Harvestability v.1.1.0 by Squeek502
  • WTP - What's This Pack v1.0 by Robosphinx
  • CodeChickenLib v.1.1.1.93 by ChickenBones

Mage Quest Mod List

• Adventurer's Amulets v.1.2.0c by GustoniaEagle
  • Archmagus v.0.6.0.jar by Agadar
  • Aroma1997Core v.1.0.2.8 by Aroma1997
  • AromaBackup v.0.0.0.3 by Aroma1997
  • Bagginses v.1.2 by Lordduskl
  • BdLib v.1.4.3.14 by bdew
  • Blood Magic v1.1.0 by WayofTime
  • Botania v.r1.2-116 by Vazkii
  • BrainCore v.0.2 by Arkandos
  • Agadar's Brewing-API v.1.2.0 by Agadar
  • CG Origin v.3.0.8 by Country_Gamer
  • CodeChickenCore v.1.0.1.8 by ChickenBones
  • CoFH Core v.3.0.0B6-32 by Team CoFH
  • CoFH Lib v.1.0.0B6-26 by Team CoFH
  • D3 Core v.1.0.0.9 by DoubleDoorDevelopment, dries007, Claycorp
  • Dark Menagerie v.beta-1.0 by RWTema
  • Forge Multipart v1.1.0.300 by ChickenBones
  • FoxLib v.0.4.1.jar by KitsuneKihira
  • Green Thumb - Nature Overhaul v.1.1.0.1 by Enosphorous
  • Headcrumbs v.1.2.4 by ganymedes01
  • I'm Looking At Blood v1.1a by Pokefenn
  • InventoryTweaks v.1.59-dev-152 by Kobata
  • JABBA v.1.1.4 by ProfMobius
  • JourneyMap v.4.0.4_Unlimited by techbrew
  • MineMenu v.1.1.7.B38 by dmillerw
  • MobiusCore v.1.2.3 by ProfMobius
  • Necromancy v1.7.10 by AtomicStryker
  • NEI Addons v.1.12.2.9.jar by bdew
  • NEI Plugins Unofficial v.1.1.0.8 by Tonius
  • NotEnoughItems v.1.0.2.15 by ChickenBones
  • Ruins v.1.7.10 by AtomicStryker
  • StorageDrawers v.1.1.1 by Jaquadro
  • Super Crafting Frame v.1.7.10.1 by Edgar_Allen
  • Tails v.1.0.1 by KitsuneKihira, TTFTCUTS
  • Talismans v.1.1.4 by Gigabit1011
  • Thaumcraft v4.2.0.1 by Azanor
  • Thaumcraft Mob Aspects v.1.7.2-2A by Parker8283
  • Thaumic Tinkerer v.2.5-1.7.10-158 by nekosune, pixelpix
  • TorchTools v.1.1.0.19 by DoubleDoorDevelopment, dries007, Claycorp
  • Villager's Nose v.1.2 by ScowlOwl
  • WAILA v.1.5.4a by ProfMobius
  • WAILA Harvestability v.1.1.0 by Squeek502
  • WeepingAngels v.3.0.2 by Country_Gamer
  • WTP - What's This Pack v1.0 by Robosphinx
  • Witchery v.0.20.5 by Emoniph
  • Baubles v.1.0.1.8 by Azanor
  • CodeChickenLib v.1.1.1.93 by ChickenBones

Also let me know if I need to change the formatting at all. ;)

Green Thumb is : http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/223588-greenthumb ... not the nature overhaul one.[DOUBLEPOST=1411021748][/DOUBLEPOST]

I am looking into options. Lite is tircky. I am not going to add a whole huge mod just for pipes/conduits. I will more than likely edit the ExU node recipes.

Reactions: TheMechEngineer

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
About 80% of the mods are just game improvments/minor features. Like Green Thumb makes a right click harvest and plant crops at the same time. And Torch Tools adds the ability to right click with a tool to place the items in the slot next to it, like TiCon tools do.

So that's the mod that does the right-click harvesting thing....wouldn't have known.
It works great in Agrarian Skies because it allows you to harvest an entire crop by just walking through while holding right-click.

I sure hope they're gonna make a re-appearance, those are some of the most useful items in Thermal Expansion :/ No wonder I couldn't find them in the Unstable modpack.

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
So that's the mod that does the right-click harvesting thing....wouldn't have known.
It works great in Agrarian Skies because it allows you to harvest an entire crop by just walking through while holding right-click.

I sure hope they're gonna make a re-appearance, those are some of the most useful items in Thermal Expansion :/ No wonder I couldn't find them in the Unstable modpack.

In Ag Skies its done by Hunger Overhaul and HarvestCraft. THose didn't make sense in Lite. Sooo new mod <3[DOUBLEPOST=1411030757][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone wanting to test a standalone pipe mod try this: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/68299-tubes

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019
I too noticed the absence of conduits, but am ok with using Extra Utilities for energy and items, but, I cannot find a way to move fluids via pipes.

Reactions: pc_assassin

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I am looking into options. Lite is tircky. I am not going to add a whole huge mod just for pipes/conduits. I will more than likely edit the ExU node recipes.

What about EnderIO? Even in 1.6.4 EnderIO was very good with an excellent conduit system (four types of conduits in a single block and a good facade system to hide them in walls). In 1.7.10 EnderIO is even better.

It is one of my favorite tech mods.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
What about EnderIO? Even in 1.6.4 EnderIO was very good with an excellent conduit system (four types of conduits in a single block and a good facade system to hide them in walls). In 1.7.10 EnderIO is even better.

It is one of my favorite tech mods.
Yeah but, does it fit into the "lite" spirit?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Yeah but, does it fit into the "lite" spirit?

Not sure what you mean by lite but here is the size in bytes of the jars:

• EnderIO: 3Megs
  • Thermal Expansion: 3.5 Megs (+ 1 megs for Thermal Foundation, + 1 megs for CoFHCore)
So in jar size EnderIO is lighter then Thermal Expansion.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019

• Thermal Expansion: 3.5 Megs (+ 1 megs for Thermal Foundation, + 1 megs for CoFHCore)
It adds in a complex system of machines, Lite focuses on mods that are handy but not very complicated, though it may be fine if it produces very little strain. I don't know, @Jadedcat (Please don't hurt me)

Reactions: Jadedcat

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
They apear to be missing anny and all mods :)

WhsTVmI.png
You need to download t before it shows the mode in the edit mode

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

File size is no indication of "runtime" size, if EnderIO has to load the entire 3MB while TE is made of a hundred small routines of 35KB and only one is loaded at a time.

Note: Numbers pulled out of an obscure orifice to emphasize the concept :D

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO's conduit bundles are a very neat idea, but used a lot can cause tremendous lag, mostly client side I think.

Reactions: Jadedcat

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ender IO's conduit bundles are a very neat idea, but used a lot can cause tremendous lag, mostly client side I think.

Hmm, I have opposite experience. At least in 1.6.4. The TE conduits are laggy for me. I once had a big base with them and I replaced all with EnderIO conduits to get a huge reduction in lag.[DOUBLEPOST=1411049339][/DOUBLEPOST]
File size is no indication of "runtime" size, if EnderIO has to load the entire 3MB while TE is made of a hundred small routines of 35KB and only one is loaded at a time.

Note: Numbers pulled out of an obscure orifice to emphasize the concept :D

Can you elaborate on that? How would that work exactly (note that I'm also a mod developer so you can go technical with me :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.