[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the pack but for some reason it doesn't want to even LAUNCH! I've tried everything: Going to another tab, restarting the launcher, logging out, even restarting the computer! What is going on? And can someone please reply this time?
Take a breath you haven't given us any data to work on, please pastebin any associated errors/logs. My gut suggests you should check and see what java version your running. You likely need to install Java 7.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Warning to anyone that uses EIO:

Be very careful with EIO. The machines can have an extremely nasty bug that can lag worlds to virtually negative fps. Fixed in 1.7.x but in 1.6.4; beware.

I'm curious what bug your talking about, I've never heard of anyone having trouble for many versions now. There was a major rework a few versions ago on the 1.6.4 that fixed a few issues like your talking about that's been at least 3 months ago.

If your really looking for something to warn people about warn them about the dangers of Thermal Expansion Item Ducts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raveb and Shane2482

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Does Iskandar benefit financially from this development?
Are we able to donate to him?
I really want to support the continued development of this series.
I like the difficulty and the learning process of thia hardcore world. The early game is great. The only annoying part is the first night of sifting dust for those 24 stones...
However I am also a proponent of disabling cobblegenerators completely! I have been playing sans cobblegen my last 7 worlds.
Liked for no-cobblegen commitment! o/

Reactions: ScottieC

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
it's almost like it's in beta.

Honestly, with very few exceptions, this pack runs super smooth and it fairly complete. There aren't any massive holes in the quests, things flow smoothly from one area to another, and the mods all play nicely together, for the most part. Yeah, there are a 1-2 exploits and 1 serious issues (the sync thing), but those aren't Iskandar's fault, nor are they truly fixable without a switch to 1.7.10 (I presume). So yeah, I just don't get the "this pack isn't smooth" thing. I think it's super smooth. Like a baby's bot...uhm...velvet...yeah...velvet...

EpicWhiteWolf

Jul 29, 2019
yea i know its in beta I'm just getting a lot of crashes from the deep storage tank and for some reason the process for it will continue to increase in size the longer the game is running and it doesn't take long for it to get up to like 8,000,000K in memory and i think thats like 8 gigs of ram but 8,000,000K is just what it says in task manager. And i know minecraft its self will do that but not as quickly and not nearly as high. I've gotten up to about 11,000,000K and luckily my computer has 12 gigs of ram.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So, reading through the thread, and seeing a few LPs, everyone seems to love Mob Essence+Gunpowder in a Reactant Dynamo as their pre-Reactor power source. I'm curious why no one seems to use MFR BioFuel. Did a bit of testing, and the BioFuel Generator (contrary to the wiki) generates more RF/tick, and 1 bucket of BioFuel generates roughly 800k RF, as opposed to 500k for 1 bucket of mob essence. Considering that you can make something like 500 buckets of BioFuel with 6 stacks of raw material (I use vanilla seeds, carrots, potatoes and 3 random HC seeds), it seems to be the obvious choice.
Am I missing something, or is it simply that the generator is gated behind blaze rods?
I had intended to use biofuel, but the Harvestcraft plants grow so slow that there simply wasn't enough excess of my food crops to make me comfortable turning them into fuel. Granted, once I had animals I could have set up a fertilizer, but by that point I had reactants, furnace generators, and TNT generators running and didn't need more power. I suppose I could have done 5 saplings, bonemeal, ink sacs (I set up a squid with a rancher...popped him out of a PC squid plant and caught him in a jailer's safari net mid-air, had a barrel full of ink sacs), potatoes and carrots, however.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
yea i know its in beta I'm just getting a lot of crashes from the deep storage tank and for some reason the process for it will continue to increase in size the longer the game is running and it doesn't take long for it to get up to like 8,000,000K in memory and i think thats like 8 gigs of ram but 8,000,000K is just what it says in task manager. And i know minecraft its self will do that but not as quickly and not nearly as high. I've gotten up to about 11,000,000K and luckily my computer has 12 gigs of ram.

Um... If you know something is causing crashes, why use it? Especially with alternatives available...

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019

I honestly don't get the point of the Deep Tank. Why not just store your metal in bar/block form, where it's, you know, usable when you need it? Deep Tank seems like a REALLY unnecessary (but admittedly cool) addition when you can make a million chests out of the endless wood or, if you're feeling froggy, make a AE system...

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Dang electronic internets ..... Blog is back after some technical issues, enjoy the read for those that are interested.

and for some reason the process for it will continue to increase in size the longer the game is running and it doesn't take long for it to get up to like 8,000,000K in memory.

There seems to be something leaking memory, because i had a crash/hangup as well that cost me a couple of screenshots, while minecraft just kept on increasing in memory usages. I doubt how ever that its related to this specific modpack, and from what i can tell Pneumatic craft is slowly causing the memory to increase over time even beyond the treshhold set in the launcher or other java arguments. At-least i started to notice the increase after setting up 2 pressure chambers with a redstone triggered pressure system.

Dint have the same issue anymore so far, have to play rather long to get to that point i guess or maybe its related to the breaking of the chamber when you dont have automation yet ..... needs some more testing but im to lazy to do it atm.

#side-note: was also watching youtubes and doing other things on the side, but still that should not affect Java that much, i could have counted up to the cost though.

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I honestly don't get the point of the Deep Tank. Why not just store your metal in bar/block form, where it's, you know, usable when you need it? Deep Tank seems like a REALLY unnecessary (but admittedly cool) addition when you can make a million chests out of the endless wood or, if you're feeling froggy, make a AE system...
it's handy to keep the oven internal tank clear but it's useless because you can't set each output to a specific liquid, so you can't automate it

the only use is as a buffer for your high oven without extra cells: pipe from high oven into deep tank and then use multiple drains with filtered fluiducts to make the blocks-> no clogged fluiducts

Cyperangel

Jul 29, 2019
I must admit, after having made a gold chest full of metal blocks, I now keep my molten metals in drums. I haven't quite reached the AE age, so for now its liquiducs from the high oven, leading to 9 different drums, which I remove as they become full, exchanging them for empty ones.

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
I must admit, after having made a gold chest full of metal blocks, I now keep my molten metals in drums. I haven't quite reached the AE age, so for now its liquiducs from the high oven, leading to 9 different drums, which I remove as they become full, exchanging them for empty ones.
Why not put those metal blocks into 9 barrels instead?

Death_Rictus

Jul 29, 2019
it's handy to keep the oven internal tank clear but it's useless because you can't set each output to a specific liquid, so you can't automate it

the only use is as a buffer for your high oven without extra cells: pipe from high oven into deep tank and then use multiple drains with filtered fluiducts to make the blocks-> no clogged fluiducts

You can skip the deep tank fairly easily by pumping directly into 9 filtered casting basins. Unless you're making a totally insane amount of metal that is.