Jampacked Entry Details

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Seems pretty simple to me. It said that authors have 14 days to accept that they won, or a replacement winner would be picked. It'd be poor form to say "Person X won! Everybody download his pack once it goes public, because it rocks!" then to wait two weeks, then say "Never mind. Person X and his pack seem to have disappeared. Person Y actually won. Person Z, who had third place, now has second. And person Q, who we never mentioned, got third." For example, they certainly can't send out prizes unless people have RSVPed. It's possible they're delaying the announcement for the same reason.

And I'm certainly not accusing the organizers of scrambling around for boxes of pens. I don't even mind if they haven't finished the judging yet. (They gave us a 10 day extension, which was quite kind, and I see no reason not to return the favor.) I just took "Judges are finalizing their results" in response to "how are things going? Does it look like you'll meet the deadline?" to mean "Everything is smoothly going according to plan." I'm trying to invent ways things can be "smoothly going according to plan" that involve us not having an official announcement yet.

But until we get a word from the organizers, none of our speculations even matter. If you think my viewpoint makes no sense, so be it. I see no reason to keep suggesting it, lest it get into a battle of pride over whose viewpoint makes the most sense. But if the organizers are reading this, please understand I'm certainly not accusing you of scrambling for cheap pens!

Don't take the comment about pens seriously... just an attempt at humor, prior to my first cup of coffee.

To simplify, the post I referred to stated that there would be an update when the decisions were finalized, ergo no update = no decisions.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
I've been told that the results are finalized, just not released yet. Slowpoke is steaming a jampacked entry twitch right now.

Talonos

Jul 29, 2019
Don't take the comment about pens seriously... just an attempt at humor, prior to my first cup of coffee.
Thanks a ton. Sorry to misinterpret your comment and be so defensive! Thanks for clarifying. All hard feelings completely dissolved.

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
So... It's been quite a while since the results were supposed to come out. Is there any word on them, or perhaps a reason why they are not out yet?

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
So... It's been quite a while since the results were supposed to come out. Is there any word on them, or perhaps a reason why they are not out yet?

Most likely sometime this week from what I've been hearing, and the I would think they're a little delayed since the time set aside to judge the packs was taken up by preparation for PAX.

Talonos

Jul 29, 2019
Where have you been hearing this? And why are they not posting that info here?

Do we have to monitor Slowpoke's Twitch or something to get the official info?

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
c95yu.jpg

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I really should stop using headphones....

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I had to go into slowpoke's stream to track this down.

He says that they're fully able to release the individual results, but they have ran into legal trouble for the team results.

He said that they are going to release the individual results, but no time was given, nor a reason why they haven't been given.

The lack of updates from the creators of this competition to it's participants is truly frightening.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Well, I had to go into slowpoke's stream to track this down.

He says that they're fully able to release the individual results, but they have ran into legal trouble for the team results.

He said that they are going to release the individual results, but no time was given, nor a reason why they haven't been given.

The lack of updates from the creators of this competition to it's participants is truly frightening.

If they are having "legal trouble" for the team results then common sense dictates that they cannot say anything about any of the rest of the competition pending resolution. If they were to release one set of results and then have the whole process invalidated by some kind of legal proceeding they would be open to all varieties of lawsuits from questioning the legality of the contest to nuisance suits from sore losers thinking they should have won. (Not as uncommon as you might think)

Reactions: pc_assassin

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Now I'm pretty curious, what maps had a team working on them, instead of a singular person? The thing that I can see this affecting is the prizes, as depending on the size of the team, how much FTB invests in the prizes can change.

Also, I'm pretty curious about the modpacks themselves, I'd like to try them out.