[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Idk i tried. This is getting real. Bug or me stupid? l0l
Where is the pipe connecting it to the air pressure thing? Maybe if you give it pressure now it'll turn online? Maybe move the little table thingy next to the monitor thingy? I keep forgetting the names of these things.

Reactions: moded guy 123

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone kindly just give me a picture of their setup.

Can't figure this crap out.
2014-08-22_214241_zpsf71e6ce3.png

paemt

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure where to put this but I have set up a server on my PC for me and a friend. Everything works fine for vanilla but when trying to run Crashlanding server, he can not connect. He gets timed out error and I have nothing on the log

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure where to put this but I have set up a server on my PC for me and a friend. Everything works fine for vanilla but when trying to run Crashlanding server, he can not connect. He gets timed out error and I have nothing on the log

i could try logging on to your server, to see if its his problem or urs :)

paemt

Jul 29, 2019
It's a server file issue I think. We both tried to host and it doesn't work. We can log on to Localhost but we can't connect to eachother. Like I said, Vanilla works fine so the connection is ok.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
iirc not only IOunits but laser and drill (if you have one) also have to be placed right next to the assembly table. Make it a cross shape with assembly table in the middle and controller next to any IO/laser/drill will likely work.

And yay, first post on the forum! Read through the whole 351pages while doing my own CL, now developed a simple AE system with storage and minimum auto-crafting function (ie 3x3 with single pattern provider). And yes it's easy route. Have mercy on former peaceful player who even play peaceful in AS:(
I similarly read the entire thread before I made my first post here. (The thread was much smaller then) Welcome, fellow reader!

Unrelated to the above:
Yes, I'm still one of those 'outliers' some of you have been referring to in recent discussion. I'm still playing around with other mods in the pack. Lycanite's playthrough is going in an interesting direction. No more zombie raves outside my ship all night, I had to move to the city out of practicality. Bones are so dang hard to get when the flightless bird-thing that drops them tends to get killed by other hostile mobs, but luckily skeleton spawners are a thing, so... yeah. I know what renovations the building next door needs! :D

As far as using other mobs/config changes, though, I know I'm playing in unintended or contrary ways at times. That's why I keep most of the wackiness out of the thread. Mostly. Do I? I dunno. I changed some things around in Iguana Tweaks configs that I know make my starting experience different than normal. As a friend of iguana_man, I understand why he made all the stuff doable in the regular 2x2 crafting window, and I happen to agree with his reasoning, so I re-enabled it in my CL configs. I don't give beginner advice on growing trees/starting steps because of the massive impact this has on Hard quest rewards when the first log I punch gets me a crook AND every tier1 pattern, with no need for any tinker stations. Any advice I'd give based on recent playthrough experience would be rubbish.

99 levels on a tinker tool is really pushing it, though. Like, mDiyo didn't balance the mod around having over 99 modifiers on a tool/weapon... you might want to rethink that one.[DOUBLEPOST=1410843378][/DOUBLEPOST]
You're so yesterday, Marsupilami. :)
'You're so last week'

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
99 levels on a tinker tool is really pushing it, though. Like, mDiyo didn't balance the mod around having over 99 modifiers on a tool/weapon... you might want to rethink that one.
aren't most of the modifiers capped? literally the only reason i do 99, rather than the 10 that there's config lines for, is simply for the satisfaction of getting the occasional levelup ding.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
aren't most of the modifiers capped? literally the only reason i do 99, rather than the 10 that there's config lines for, is simply for the satisfaction of getting the occasional levelup ding.
Yes, but that is still more modifiers than intended to be in a single tool. Even paper tools don't come close to having the maximum of every possible upgrade, and they come with the drawback of poor durability.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but that is still more modifiers than intended to be in a single tool. Even paper tools don't come close to having the maximum of every possible upgrade, and they come with the drawback of poor durability.
/shrug
at the end of the day, there's not much a heavily modified tool actually provides, considering the amount of automation you can setup fairly early on. also the bit where this map is 99% dust, which negates the usefulness of most of these modifiers in the first place.

MGSamuel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to the warm welcomes! I found reading posts kind of entertaining and I can learn English, Minecraft knowledge and human logic (both good or bad), so it become my entertainment when I have nothing else to do. Joining one tho... I'm not an English speaker so it is a little bit difficult.

And sure I'm not human, don't you see my picture and signature?!

BTW the laser and drill can work without directly next to assembly table? Guess I have to compact my setup. See edit 2.

Edit: typo derp [havr->have]

Edit 2: Looked more closely to the assembly line of @LostBMe , my question is are IOs, laser and drill able to work as long as it's on the surrounding 8 square instead of right next to the assembly table?

Last edited:

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to the warm welcomes! I found reading posts kind of entertaining and I can learn English, Minecraft knowledge and human logic (both good or bad), so it become my entertainment when I have nothing else to do. Joining one tho... I'm not an English speaker so it is a little bit difficult.

And sure I'm not human, don't you see my picture and signature?!

BTW the laser and drill can work without directly next to assembly table? Guess I have to compact my setup. See edit 2.

Edit: typo derp [havr->have]

Edit 2: Looked more closely to the assembly line of @LostBMe , my question is are IOs, laser and drill able to work as long as it's on the surrounding 8 square instead of right next to the assembly table?
Eh, wiki sounded like as long as the table thing was in the middle and all the other machines were around it, it would work. Cuz they're all suppose to use the table thing to do their "stuff". Or, you could just plop things down randomly and see what works. Works for me :p

MGSamuel

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, wiki sounded like as long as the table thing was in the middle and all the other machines were around it, it would work. Cuz they're all suppose to use the table thing to do their "stuff". Or, you could just plop things down randomly and see what works. Works for me :p
I will try it tonight. I'm a noob in pneumatic craft and SFM because all I played was AS and the Industrial mod packs when IC2 was mainstream, (not so) good old days:p

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I think they'll work as long as they're in one of the 8 adjacent squares. That said, it always tells me that the machines are missing until it has enough pressure, items, patterns, etc., to work. However, whenever I change the pattern, it derps out and won't run, so I end up breaking the controller and replacing it.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
I think they'll work as long as they're in one of the 8 adjacent squares. That said, it always tells me that the machines are missing until it has enough pressure, items, patterns, etc., to work. However, whenever I change the pattern, it derps out and won't run, so I end up breaking the controller and replacing it.

So, when I was setting up my first Assembly Line thing, I tried a bunch of different configurations and nothing worked, until I did this:

Z Y Z
Z X Z
X O X
Z X Z

Y = Controller
X = Any of the following: Drill, Laser, IO Export or Import
O = Table
Z = Empty Space

Y is connected to the pressure system, nothing else needs to be.

That being said, until I had both Drill AND Laser hooked up to the system (even if using a program that didn't need one of those machines, I had the required pressure to do a project, AND I had a program installed, it said that I was missing machines. And if I didn't have something for it to do, it ALWAYS said it had missing machines. So yeah, I think that readout is just a little bugged.

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
For the basic setup (with 2 IO, 1 laser, 1 table and 1 controller), the quest actually says how you need to set it up, doesn't it?

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
I literally just made a whole stack of obsidian in barels only to find out that it's completely useless until realy late game
#derp
Openblocks tanks. 4 obsidian and 5 glass panes = 2 tanks so you can make some ticon tool parts and about 20 tanks with that stack, I used a heap when I got my harvester going to deal with the sludge until I managed to build a sludge boiler. You can also use them for mob essence which you will need in bulk later on, you'll go through at least 300 buckets in the creating life quests. They are useful for water too.

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
Openblocks tanks. 4 obsidian and 5 glass panes = 2 tanks so you can make some ticon tool parts and about 20 tanks with that stack, I used a heap when I got my harvester going to deal with the sludge until I managed to build a sludge boiler. You can also use them for mob essence which you will need in bulk later on, you'll go through at least 300 buckets in the creating life quests. They are useful for water too.
Since he already has the obsidian I figure this makes sense, but why not just use drums?