Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
This is a simple question with a bit of backstory. Sorry in advance.

I know that there isn't really an FTB pack that has Galacticraft for 1.7.10 or atleast is there is I don't know it, but I play a server which happens to have it on, however Flying is Disabled due to an oversight by the server owner. The server owner is, for the time being, unable to change this, meaning when I go into space I'm greeted by the GU and I have about three seconds to take action before the server boots me for flying each time I try to log back into the server. I will always lose my rocket if this is the case.

I've made it to the moon and now I'd like to make a space station, however I don't know what the necessary materials are that are needed to do this, which is why I'm here, because to find out for myself would mean I'd waste an entire rocket.

Question: What's needed to make a Space Station in Galacticraft for 1.7.10?

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
After some research, things that required was called "springs". There are also "tension coils", but they are used for something else.
Now I'm trying to figure how to load springs and gravel in gravel gun...

Place a gravel gun and a wound spring (charged with the winding machine) in the RoC workbench thing. It should pop over to the right and the coil will be uncharged.

Simply have gravel in your inventory and you are good to go.

Reactions: Tylor

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Place a gravel gun and a wound spring (charged with the winding machine) in the RoC workbench thing. It should pop over to the right and the coil will be uncharged.

Simply have gravel in your inventory and you are good to go.
Also, don't be shocked when these things totally totally own everything you meet.
You can one-shot basically anything with a gravel gun.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
In AE2 how do I power my stuff? I have an RF network setup but what block do I need to convert RF to AE power?

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a benefit on running opis in SSP world?
Does it help finding problem like the 'can't keep up' in the console log as well?

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
In AE2 how do I power my stuff? I have an RF network setup but what block do I need to convert RF to AE power?
In addition to the controller mentioned already, there's a "power acceptor" (sp) block, which will accept power into the ME network. This is useful as it let's you keep all 6 sides of your ME controller open for channel use. Also let's you power your network without any controller, to have a standalone network (limited to 8 channels).

E_DM_B

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing minecraft with a (semi) custom mod pack. (I just added a few mods to the Ftblite modpack) I was doing some crafting and when I crafted a sync shell storage (I added sync) it crashed my mine craft. When I joined the game I died, went to a sync shell i had made, then instantly the sync shell reappeared when I stepped out. When I broke the open blocks grave it didn't drop anything and I lost all the items i had on me.
Added sentences :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
In addition to the controller mentioned already, there's a "power acceptor" (sp) block, which will accept power into the ME network. This is useful as it let's you keep all 6 sides of your ME controller open for channel use. Also let's you power your network without any controller, to have a standalone network (limited to 8 channels).
Wait wait wait. If i remember correctly, the Energy Acceptor is only in AE2, and is the only way to power your network with anything other than coal or another furnace fuel in that version of the mod- the controller won't connect to anything other than other ME-compatible blocks, such as drives, cables, and the Vibration Chamber. However, in AE1, both the ME Controller and ME Power Relays will accept energy from several different mods.

LucidCrux

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to use thaumcraft golems to stock 80 of an item, but they seem to stop when incremented above 64. Using 2 slots at 40, for example, doesn't work either and only keeps 40 stocked. Is this a known bug (should the increment stop at 64 and doesn't maybe), or is there something I am missing?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
64 is the standard vanilla stack size. Except for items that only stack to 16, like Ender pearls, or those that don't stack at all.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Where does the FTB launcher hide the Forge jar file?

Can't spot it anywhere in my DW20 pack.

Never mind. Found it!

Last edited:

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
I'm aware of the crash bug with pneumaticcraft's aerial interface and logistics pipes. Does the same thing happen with the Player Interface from random things?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'm about to try growing some enderlilies in a little corner of my magical crops yard.

I'm just racking my brains as to which of my growth enhancers will hurt their progress. I know it's basically "anything that uses the vanilla bonemeal mechanic", which obviously includes openblock sprinklers (but i'm not using them anyway).

Essentially, anyone know if any of the following will try and bonemeal my enderlilies:

Fertilised soil (random things),
Lilypads of fertility (xeno's reliquary),
Lamp of growth (thaumcraft),
Ritual of the green grove (Blood magic),
Sprinkler (rotarycraft)

[All 1.6.4 versions found in Monster 1.1.2]

San

Jul 29, 2019
Lilypads, the ritual and the lamp will work. Idk about fertilised soil

Does anyone know how to keep my Autospawner (minefactory reloaded) from making infernal mobs? Any blaze that gets the "Ninja" attribute ends up getting loose

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Lilypads, the ritual and the lamp will work. Idk about fertilised soil

Does anyone know how to keep my Autospawner (minefactory reloaded) from making infernal mobs? Any blaze that gets the "Ninja" attribute ends up getting loose
You could try spawning in exact mode.

Reactions: PierceSG

EJCrazy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to try growing some enderlilies in a little corner of my magical crops yard.

I'm just racking my brains as to which of my growth enhancers will hurt their progress. I know it's basically "anything that uses the vanilla bonemeal mechanic", which obviously includes openblock sprinklers (but i'm not using them anyway).

Essentially, anyone know if any of the following will try and bonemeal my enderlilies:

Fertilised soil (random things),
Lilypads of fertility (xeno's reliquary),
Lamp of growth (thaumcraft),
Ritual of the green grove (Blood magic),
Sprinkler (rotarycraft)

[All 1.6.4 versions found in Monster 1.1.2]

The best way to grow ender lilies is to put them on top of ender cores have a sigil of the green grove active whist you use a watering can on them