Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thank you!
Edit: To the guy above, I am sorry but that sort of system was what I was trying to avoid with multiple pipes from one chest. The storage bus is the answer! Now my system looks mint!
To each their own of course. However, I would like to know something: the proposed system that uses a storage bus to send your dust to the smeltery works, but only once it's in the ME network. How can you avoid sorting with several itemducts on the same chest at the time when stuff is entering your system? You need to separate the stuff that needs to be packaged and hammered from the stuff that goes unmodified into the ME network to be processed elsewhere, and both groups consist of more than 18 items if you sift gravel, sand and dust, so there's no black- or whitelisting you can do that will let you reduce the amount of outgoing itemducts below three.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Oh my, "cobble gen madness" is aptly named. I set up 128 Igneous Extruders... and I'm tempted to add another 128. It's a mark of some quests' difficulty that the resources I spent for those Extruders are insignificant compared to what I need for, say, "Magnetic Personality". I'm also using my newly-acquired 16M storage to store jungle leaves. Currently at 400K after only a few hours which will get me 50k dirt of the 600K I need. Maybe I won't need another Ender quarry run.

BTW, can anyone tell me if there is ab bigger dirt collection quest after the one that needs 100 quadruple-compressed dirt? Because by the percentage shown, there appear to be some invisible quests in the For the Hoarding section and the only unfinished quests I can see are the one for purple things (waiting for my sheep to make enough wool) and dirt collection.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my, "cobble gen madness" is aptly named. I set up 128 Igneous Extruders... and I'm tempted to add another 128. It's a mark of some quests' difficulty that the resources I spent for those Extruders are insignificant compared to what I need for, say, "Magnetic Personality". I'm also using my newly-acquired 16M storage to store jungle leaves. Currently at 400K after only a few hours which will get me 50k dirt of the 600K I need. Maybe I won't need another Ender quarry run.

BTW, can anyone tell me if there is ab bigger dirt collection quest after the one that needs 100 quadruple-compressed dirt? Because by the percentage shown, there appear to be some invisible quests in the For the Hoarding section and the only unfinished quests I can see are the one for purple things (waiting for my sheep to make enough wool) and dirt collection.

if you don't mind getting spoilers, you could do the command /hqm edit in a test world and complete all quests through shift-clicking
this way you'll find out what all the quests are and what their requirements are

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
@netmc:
Yeah, but for that you have to have the bees first. This was about needing lily pads to spawn the hives. Not any more though, since the water hive has indeed a blood magic recipe.

Ah. Got ya. I got my hives through reward bags, so never new they needed lily pads to get through ex aquillo.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I have an appreciation for AS in that you can load a ton of mods and not take a performance hit because there is no world gen. As long as it can be crafted or made if doesn't matter.

Reactions: Museli

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
@ BloodMagic Bubbas: How far apart do altars need to be so they remain separate [I'm assuming this is possible]? I'm wanting to setup an altar solely to fill the soul network and another altar solely for crafting. Both altars will have their own dedicated LP gen systems. What I don't want is LP gen system of altar #1 filling altar #2 instead.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I think there is one LP network per player, but of course you can control which altar feeds it. If you want one for crafting, just never put a blood orb in it.

As for a question of my own: I've got that quest where I need to hand in some random crap. I need...peat? I recall having seen one or two pieces a while ago, but I can't for the heck of it recall how I got it. Does anyone know? I could just breed some bees to make it for me, but my apiaries are busy making gold and diamonds for the Magnetic Personality quest.

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I think the LP gen chooses the closest altar, otherwise just use a single LP gen altar and pipe the LP around as a liquid
I didn't think this was feasible given that the altar accepts LP so slowly [even with rune upgrades].

I think there is one LP network per player, but of course you can control which altar feeds it. If you want one for crafting, just never put a blood orb in it.

As for a question of my own: I've got that quest where I need to hand in some random crap. I need...peat? I recall having seen one or two pieces a while ago, but I can't for the heck of it recall how I got it. Does anyone know? I could just breed some bees to make it for me, but my apiaries are busy making gold and diamonds for the Magnetic Personality quest.

The problem I forsee is I'm using Altar #1 to craft, but the LP from Altar #1's LP Gen system is filling Altar #2...

You can get Peat [randomly and slowly] from Sludge Processing. Other that this or bees, I dunno.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

bog earth next to (diagonals count) water[DOUBLEPOST=1409328503][/DOUBLEPOST]
I didn't think this was feasible given that the altar accepts blood so slowly [even with rune upgrades].

use displacement runes for accepting/sending LP faster

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
You can get Peat [randomly and slowly] from Sludge Processing. Other that this or bees, I dunno.
Ah, that was it. I actually had a barrel full of it since I keep some of every item coming out of my facilities, but I set it up so long ago that I had forgotten.

BTW, manually turning bog earth into peat doesn't work for me. The bog earth transforms into several different tiles with weird names, and then...it vanishes.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but having to build one for just 100 peat would be rather annoying.

Don't have to. Make a 5x21 rectangle. Fill with Bog Earth save for 5, evenly-spaced holes. Fill/place water in the holes. If Bog Earth is within 2 blocks of water, it will slowly turn into Peat (turn dark). Here's an example using 5x5:

Code:
x = Bog Earth
. = water

xxxxx
xxxxx
xx.xx
xxxxx
xxxxx

5x10:

Code:
xxxxx
xxxxx
xx.xx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xx.xx
xxxxx
xxxxx

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Don't have to. Make a 5x21 rectangle. Fill with Bog Earth save for 5, evenly-spaced holes. Fill/place water in the holes. If Bog Earth is within 2 blocks of water, it will slowly turn into Peat (turn dark). Here's an example using 5x5:
As I said. That didn't work for me. As soon as the bog earth should've turned into something useful, it vanished instead. Anyway, the problem is solved since I actually kept a barrel of the stuff around and forgot about it.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
As I said. That didn't work for me. As soon as the bog earth should've turned into something useful, it vanished instead. Anyway, the problem is solved since I actually kept a barrel of the stuff around and forgot about it.

Oh, shame on me for not reading. Damn, that stinks.