[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
as far as tico bow goes, yeah, with iguana tweaks, it sucks that you can't add enhancements to your arrows. They become super deadly when you do that. But, I don't know if you can actually do that with tweaks since you'd have to gain experience and I think the bow is what gets experience, not the arrows, unless you walk around stabby stabby with the individual arrows. take that creeper *stab stab* and that *stab stab* and that......

after mdiyo fixed the draw bug on the bow, yeah, it's my usual goto for range. In CL I am lazy and continue to use the needle gun, but yeah, you're right. I should make one.
You don't even need modifiers. Especially with the drawspeed modifier on the bow, and super good metal arrowheads, you do a lot of damage. And even if you DO decide you want modifiers on arrows, the whole "stab stab" idea works really well. They pierce armor, similar to rapiers. :p
Aw shoot now I feel like a dumb jerk. Uhhh I had a date that night I didn't see it >.>
No so much "dumb jerk" as "out of the loop." Listen, if you had skipped your date just to watch this thread, I would call you in for counseling. Seriously. T_T
That, and/or accuse you of being a robot and trying to start a robot apocalypse, at which point I would try to spill coffee all over your shirt until you short circuited. :D

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
as far as tico bow goes, yeah, with iguana tweaks, it sucks that you can't add enhancements to your arrows. They become super deadly when you do that. But, I don't know if you can actually do that with tweaks since you'd have to gain experience and I think the bow is what gets experience, not the arrows, unless you walk around stabby stabby with the individual arrows. take that creeper *stab stab* and that *stab stab* and that......

after mdiyo fixed the draw bug on the bow, yeah, it's my usual goto for range. In CL I am lazy and continue to use the needle gun, but yeah, you're right. I should make one.

Ive been getting so many arrows its just easier to straight up craft needlegun rounds anyway, no screwing around with tico plans, i will say that the high end tico metals are a total pig to get too - maybe its just me and im lazy since im using a sludge boiler to make soulsand and netherrack but hey, its something i dont have to babysit to do.
Also: Where the HELL do i get potatoes in 1.1.2?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
No so much "dumb jerk" as "out of the loop." Listen, if you had skipped your date just to watch this thread, I would call you in for counseling. Seriously. T_T
That, and/or accuse you of being a robot and trying to start a robot apocalypse, at which point I would try to spill coffee all over your shirt until you short circuited. :D

Lol'd so hard thanks for this

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ive been getting so many arrows its just easier to straight up craft needlegun rounds anyway, no screwing around with tico plans, i will say that the high end tico metals are a total pig to get too - maybe its just me and im lazy since im using a sludge boiler to make soulsand and netherrack but hey, its something i dont have to babysit to do.
very rare drop from mobs. I say mobs, not zombies since I've gotten zombie flesh from creepers which really has me worried about their mating rituals.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Lol'd so hard thanks for this

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
I have commented on this on other forums, but it would seem that while I tell many, many bad jokes, every once in a while I tell a really good one. That everyone on the forums likes, apparently. It's a little strange... I end up with people backtracking through news posts just to find my one post. 0_o

If you're curious where I'm doing this stuff, check out the Starbound forums. :D

Reactions: pc_assassin

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, I think the TiCon bow would, in the end, be WAY better than the needle gun. But at the beginning, the needle gun is a no brainer, because it has VERY rapid fire. Early bows...not so much. You can empty a stack of needlegun clips in no time at all if you just keep Ramboing-it-up on the RMB. On top of that, firing doesn't decrease move speed. And that's a huge help at the beginning, or when being chased by a horde of monsters.

So yeah, you'll never 1-shot stuff with the neddlegun's standard ammo...but that's okay. The ammo's super cheap to make, there are tons of clips in the cities so you can get lots of clips without making any (have 39 currently after just searching thru 1 city and emptying the Anvil ammo clip), and there's no speed penalty or delay on firing. It's pretty amazing.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think I prefer the needlegun.... the ammo is all but free. People may point out tico arrows being reusable, but I'd mention that recovering them can often put you in dangerous positions.

ScottieC

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. Loving the pack. Looking forward to 1.1.3! A few quick questions:
Where should we download Aroma backup safely from? Google results are a minefield..
Is there an easy way to creatively modify the map to make a different starting experience?

I hope nothing is too bad with you or your loved ones Iskandar. Sending well wishes.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think I prefer the needlegun.... the ammo is all but free. People may point out tico arrows being reusable, but I'd mention that recovering them can often put you in dangerous positions.
Yeah, I think the TiCon bow would, in the end, be WAY better than the needle gun. But at the beginning, the needle gun is a no brainer, because it has VERY rapid fire. Early bows...not so much. You can empty a stack of needlegun clips in no time at all if you just keep Ramboing-it-up on the RMB. On top of that, firing doesn't decrease move speed. And that's a huge help at the beginning, or when being chased by a horde of monsters.

So yeah, you'll never 1-shot stuff with the neddlegun's standard ammo...but that's okay. The ammo's super cheap to make, there are tons of clips in the cities so you can get lots of clips without making any (have 39 currently after just searching thru 1 city and emptying the Anvil ammo clip), and there's no speed penalty or delay on firing. It's pretty amazing.
Well, there are some cons. I like it for cheap early game ammo with a high damage ratio - I haven't ever reached a city. :p
Plus I have a thing with waste. Using those bullets bug me. XD

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Can a Small Spider fit inside a half-slab hole? I was completely underground with only half-slabs holes open. The entire area (upstairs and downstairs) was lit by glowstone nooks. I was farming and went to get food and got assaulted by a Small Spider. I killed i but it apparently aggro-d a creeper through a wall? which exploded. Cue me starving with creepers flooding in. :p I wasn't aware that they could so I guess I'll have to adjust my strategy for that.[DOUBLEPOST=1409279617][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whats a good mid-game material to make bows out of (tool rods), or is it one of those things that never changes?
If you have a crucible I personally like copper...If you need to you can use bone or flint if you need it really early on, or you can make a normal Minecraft bow.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Can a Small Spider fit inside a half-slab hole? I was completely underground with only half-slabs holes open. The entire area (upstairs and downstairs) was lit by glowstone nooks. I was farming and went to get food and got assaulted by a Small Spider. I killed i but it apparently aggro-d a creeper through a wall? which exploded. Cue me starving with creepers flooding in. :p I wasn't aware that they could so I guess I'll have to adjust my strategy for that.[DOUBLEPOST=1409279617][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you have a crucible I personally like copper...If you need to you can use bone or flint if you need it really early on, or you can make a normal Minecraft bow.

I was digging through the TiC wiki, and apparently unless you want a shedload of durability its better to stick to wood until youve got high level metals, any metal rods have a draw time of 2.4 seconds, wood is 1, bone is 1, flint is 1, other materials have between 1.2 & 1.5 (apart from paper which is like 0.6 but has pathetic durability) and have no effect on the arrows accuracy it would seem, higher durability might be useful if you plan to go on a long excursion - im going to speculate that you could mod the balls out of it with haste and you might bring the draw time down to just about parallel to wood.

On the slab thing, i believe the small spiders use the same body size template as Cave Spiders.

ScottieC

Jul 29, 2019
Can a Small Spider fit inside a half-slab hole?
Yes. :)
Encapsulated a spider spawner in a room in a city (needed spider eyes!) with a halfslab opening and the small ones get out. Doesn't matter if they are high or low slabs also fyi.

Hexalan

Jul 29, 2019
Im just gonna put this here as ive seen people moaning about it and cant see anyone giving the solution. If you want hardcore mode off just go into your configs and find the lockdown config and turn back on the difficulty select but nothing else. You should then be able to select non hardcore and gen a world in CL. Give yourself some lives and job done. Hope it helps someone.

I've gone in and just adjusted the cost of a Shell Construction in Sync.cfg to be just a little bit lower. It still doesn't break the mechanic of the game and the requirement to keep the constructor powered. But being able to get one or two more lives out of that first battery can sure ease the learning curve on this pack to a tolerable level.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys, I have episode 3 up. Took 3 hours to record, rofl. I keep die to stupidity. rofl

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Once I get a furnace the first thing I make is a generator for the sync constructor.
I've even found the best cell in the city. It's beside my constructor now full of energy. I'm good to die a few times now.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Lol yeah, though I'll admit I've seen supply problems early to mid game if I choose to build with wood rather than stone.
Don't even need charcoal in Crash Landing except to run the High Oven. So much coal to be had from mobs and sieving that I don't mind burning it for whatever.

Meanwhile instead of standing around staring at the pressure chamber I'm now standing around staring at two barrels. Maybe tomorrow will be the day.
jIUGDkA.jpg

Last edited:

Hexalan

Jul 29, 2019
This is working as intended. So what's going on is that every time you put an item (a single item, so 1 compressed iron) into the pressure chamber via the input slot (whether by itemduct or hopper), you loose a little bit of air pressure. This isn't an accident, it's part of the mod. Itemducts allow you to put a whole stack of items in at one time. Therefore, if you try to put in 1 item, you lose Y amount of air pressure (don't know the exact amount). If you try to put in 64 items, you lose 64xY pressure. If you don't have 64xY air pressure in your chamber, the items won't go in. The chamber will wait till you have the requisite air pressure to lose, than put them items in all at once. Basically, you can think of the air pressure lost as a "cost" to put items in to the system. There is an equal cost to take items out of the system.

Hope that explains it, but yeah, that's totally intended behavior and is why many people here prefer to just break the pressure chamber walls every time they have to use the machine, and skip the input and output slots entirely. I still prefer the input/output slots because I can set it and forget it, and at this point I am rolling in charcoal, so it's not a big deal to just use a bit of extra fuel.

If you're using item ducts, setting the stack size down to 16 on the duct pulling the items out of an inventory will help deal with this issue on a small 1x1 chamber. It doesn't completely resolve it, because it's still going to try and push all the items in, it just happens in smaller chunks that the pump can recover pressure for in a reasonable time.