[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
i am curently following magzie's aka Joseph Bentley on youtube i just saw a vid with an update but i am running 1.1.2 ... do i have to change from recomended to 1.1.2?
1.1.2 is the recommended version - you should use \gamerule MobGriefing false and set HQM as per instructions in the ship. This version needed a map restart but some youtubers moved their bases with mcedit so they could continue their LP's,

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 4 of Direwolf is up. It's hilarious watching him run around in full armour. He has done it since he crafted it, he is even wearing a gold helmet lol. To make matters worse he put his generators right next to his workspace. Torches instead of glowstone. I'm not sure how he has survived this long lol. I guess he is lucky he is running a server so the water can be made while he isn't online or he'd be soon running out of it.

Last edited:

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
@Magzie: The reason so many of us use walls and don't push for a bed is the amount of time it takes for a sufficient mass of zombies/skeletons to congregate inside the pit traps/trenches. Also, it's cooler at night which means less water consumption during the vital early gameplay. And not having to rely on Minecraft's pitifully short item render distance to find all those bones and rotten flesh is a really big deal. 20 minutes into the game w/o Special Mobs (it still lags my computer) and I have nearly a stack each of rotten flesh and bones. Plop down a barrel or two, sift some dirt, grow some rice, make a slab furnace, and I'm often sitting on a full stack of 1x compressed dirt by the time I have supplies in order for my city expedition (and this is with zero ore smelting). Is it the only way, or the fastest way? Certainly not. But I love the aesthetic value of a statue outside my ship, built out of compressed dirt blocks. :]

So, the place most of the zombies seem to be spawning in my compound is in midair, directly above my drowning trap. I've been suspecting for some time it may be related to what item is being held by the player at the time, haven't done any testing to verify though. Real life's been pretty crazy :\

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Recipe conflict report: White Ceramic Dye for dyed MFR glass has the same recipe as Porcelain Clay.

Sludge Boiler has been rather unreliable for me in terms of getting Soul Sand and putting Sand into Witch Water is far too slow even if automated. For now, I just pray the Laser Drill I've set up pulls up Nether Quartz.

The good news is I finally found a Power Plant.
The bad news is that all that is set up towards powering the Laser Drill.
The slightly reassuring news is that my base is being sufficiently powered by the mob grinder anyway so I don't quite need a reactor to power my base just yet.

Laser Drill will pull up nether quartz. There is a work-around for the dye recipe---agrarian skies had same issue---I'm trying to remember what it was.

Once you setup your reactor don't reprocess any of your cyanite, you'll need a ton of it for a turbine later on if you end up wanting one. My turbine is done---except for 80 blades, which will need 80 cyanite, which will take months in singleplayer.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Little offtopic but maybe some one know Walled City Generator mod and can help. If so please read spoiler.
Im trying to generate cities without towers but whenever i set:
tower_rule=0,100,0
make_end_towers=0
make_gatehouse_towers=0
they do not spawn but there are holes in the ground where they should be.
http://imgur.com/LeRbznt
Is there way to spawn them higher so that they do not fill ground with air blocks?
tower_rule=0,100,0 needs to be changed to tower_rule=0,100,300 300 is a preserve block rule it will keeep whatever block was there befor spawning

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If one of the OP mobs hasn't fallen into the trench, and I go outside, that's it, I'm dead, one shotted, no matter if I wear early game armor or not. I'd accept the hardcoreness if it's atleast fair, if I made a mistake and learn something each time I die(Better than Wolves does this pretty well).

If you put 1x1x3 pits at the corners/ends of your trench they'll collect the mobs and you'll be able to kill them safely regardless of how OP they are. You will need a couple short walls just outside your door to allow you to deal with spiders easily first.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, I'm in the hospital. I'm not keeping up with this thread right now. My apologies if I miss anything critical

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I also have something to say:
To all those asking not to review and optimize the difficulty gradient, do not give in. From a game design perspective, there are terrible blips in the difficulty graph which negatively impact the progression experience.
But you guys already know this so I'm mostly just tweaking nexest's nose a bit :p

hes already planing on expanding on the Easy Hard route

Reactions: Pyure

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
I may be talking out of my posterior, but is it possible that special mobs or something is making some mobs more tolerant to higher light levels? I've had a few random spawns inside my perimeter but always attributed them to either ghast delivery or possibly spawning on top of my trees since I don't keep my eyes glued to the radar.
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I may be talking out of my posterior, but is it possible that special mobs or something is making some mobs more tolerant to higher light levels? I've had a few random spawns inside my perimeter but always attributed them to either ghast delivery or possibly spawning on top of my trees since I don't keep my eyes glued to the radar.
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

From the sounds of it, the algorithm is spawning mobs "in mid air".
The light level in the block the mobs feet are in is whats checked, so, mid-air spawns will be using the (low low) light levels in the air, NOT the light level on the ground (which is high enough to prevent a spawn).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've never had an issue with mobs in my base.

Its fully enclosed with a glass and stone ceiling. My tree farm is on the roof, to mitigate leaf-spawns, and there's no way down. There's a trench around the outside wall perimeter, so no mobs can smack me through walls.

Dunno if any of that is at all of help.

Getalifegamer

Jul 29, 2019
Loving this mod so far, I really do love the challange. Does anyone have any experience with which blocks increase temperature - Obviously ones with fire are certain, but some really odd ones seem to do it too.