Is Rotarycraft stupidly difficult or am I the stupid one?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
First, it's used to make blast glass which is needed for reactors, and according to the handbook it can also make steel faster, though I haven't figured out how to do that.
Heat it to at least 900 °C. You have to cut the water supply for that, but it is possible with two cooling fins. Don't do it in the nether :D

Edit: I actually wouldn't use it for that, not only because it doesn't give any bonus.[DOUBLEPOST=1409217885][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nnnnope.

The slots on the fractionator are specific to each item. Precision export buses tend to fill things in the wrong order and on occasion i've found they bug out and refuse to export when I manually sort the order out in the GUI.

I needed a cunning arrangement of LP to manage it, but I finally got it working.
Weird. It does work for me without problems.

Last edited:

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Nnnnope.

The slots on the fractionator are specific to each item. Precision export buses tend to fill things in the wrong order and on occasion i've found they bug out and refuse to export when I manually sort the order out in the GUI.
Works for me, too. I supply it with export buses and works fine.
I think the problem is on MFR's side. Its creator would need to add support but hasn't done so.
AFAIK MFR stuff supports everything that supports standard Forge methods IPlantable.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Works for me, too. I supply it with export buses and works fine.
AFAIK MFR stuff supports everything that supports standard Forge methods IPlantable.
Hmm...I'm no modder and don't know how canola may be different.

@Reika:
Why can't canola be harvested by MFR machines? It would be really nice to have a lag-free canola farm without all those entities flying around you get if you use RoC fans to harvest.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Harvesting wheat with fans from >9m distance without uprooting crops is realistic then? xD
Too bad RoC doesn't have any other way of farming them.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Welcome to Reika's world.
I'm all for realism ... but this is supposed to be an induction motor no?

It's like asking me to grease my kitchen blender motor armature every time I use it. My big reactor + extractor setup has just become useless until I make an automatic canola processing plant.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019

It's like asking me to grease my kitchen blender motor armature every time I use it. My big reactor + extractor setup has just become useless until I make an automatic canola processing plant.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeah, we all know...

Sent from my iPhone 96Z using some top secret Dalekslayer Inc. technology.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014

How do you think I felt when this change came around just as I was about to finish my fusion reactor? My six HP turbines use up four buckets of lubricant....per second!!!

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
How do you think I felt when this change came around just as I was about to finish my fusion reactor? My six HP turbines use up four buckets of lubricant....per second!!!
Haha crickey!

Can you even make lubricant that fast? They drink up an insane amount!

I was using a Rotary pump and a magnet engine to feed water to my BigReactor as it seemed the only thing that could keep up.

Until I sort this out, I shut down everything.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
It costs $400,000 to spin this turbine for twelve seconds
hBB02D3B5

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Harvesting wheat with fans from >9m distance without uprooting crops is realistic then? xD
Too bad RoC doesn't have any other way of farming them.
Well, AFAIR when I asked why can't you farm reeds with fans, Reika said that it is not realistic...

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Can you even make lubricant that fast? They drink up an insane amount!
Why do you think I said earlier that this requires ridiculous levels of overpoweredness? Yes, you can. Pepper your canola field liberally with Lilypads of Fertility and Ars Magica 2 Sigils of Nature's Bounty:

180_Canola1.jpg

Note that this setup won't work as of v25z since the bug that allowed me to run the fans with the DC engines and no gearboxes was fixed. But otherwise it's still valid. Also, depending on how much of this farm I utilize (65% in this example, I built the farm too big), I need up to three grinders powered with 8 MW at optimal torque. I'd been using tier 4 Magnetostatics here since this would be continuously running.

I have no idea if this is possible with RoC only, but then, if even Reika himself doesn't attempt that I feel no obligation to try.

As for a reactor's water supply, I've been using....a moment....16 Extra Utilities transfer nodes with 32 mining upgrades and one stack upgrade each. You won't need as many for a fission reactor, but that's the order of magnitude.

Last edited:

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Why do you think I said earlier that this requires ridiculous levels of overpoweredness? Yes, you can. Pepper your canola field liberally with Lilypads of Fertility and Ars Magica 2 Sigils of Nature's Bounty:

180_Canola1.jpg

Note that this setup won't work as of v25z since the bug that allowed me to run the fans with the DC engines and no gearboxes was fixed. But otherwise it's still valid. Also, depending on how much of this farm I utilize (65% in this example, I built the farm too big), I need up to three grinders powered with 8 MW at optimal torque. I'd been using tier 4 Magnetostatics here since this would be continuously running.

I have no idea if this is possible with RoC only, but then, if even Reika himself doesn't attempt that I feel no obligation to try.

As for a reactor's water supply, I've been using....a moment....16 Extra Utilities transfer nodes with 32 mining upgrades and one stack upgrade each. You won't need as many for a fission reactor, but that's the order of magnitude.
Good job, engineer. Now run enough grinders at fast enough operation times to even begin to consume all that canola.

Reactions: YX33A

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Good job, engineer. Now run enough grinders at fast enough operation times to even begin to consume all that canola.

Apparently 6 HP turbines?

That oughtta do it.

EDIT:

Or anything that can output 4.146MW
128Nm of torque at 32392rad/s is the exact cutoff for the grinder to get its operation speed down to 1 per tick.

MAFFS :D

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A