[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I far prefer "The Barrels Mod"s barrel mechanics. And it lacks the dolly which makes it a lot less cheaty.
the diamond dolly can be easily disabled by pack maker. Actually, iskandar said he's doing just that for 113. I love jabba barrels. Glad to know your stance on that tho.... :)

Timo Meijer

Jul 29, 2019
Just take the Easy Route. You get the Sync Shell. This is an extra life. It takes a little more than half of the smallest TC Energy Cell's charge to make a new shell, and about a day of in-game time. If you're dying more than that, you need to be more cautious. As for recharging the cell (which you get as part of the Easy Route), just make a survivalist generator or two. They are very cheap and you can have them up and running by day 4 or 5 if you really push it, probably sooner once you've worked out the kinks in your starting strategy.

Seriously, IMO, removing Hardcore from this mod pack is really detrimental. Why ever worry about food or water then? "Oh no, I'm running out of food/water. Better get somewhere safe so when I die and can get all my stuff back and have a full food/hydration bar!" And because of The Easy Route, there is absolutely no reason to do this. You can have an extra life up and ready for action before the first night sets in, no problem.

Everyone's gana play differently, and it really doesn't affect me if you turn off the Hardcore. I just think you should give the map a try as intended and not stress so much if you lose a couple of worlds. It's really not that big of a deal. :)

I love the hardcore mode in theory, but after resetting the world a few times(Stupid noob mistakes), I got to a point where my deaths where due to overpowered, randomly appearing mobs, sometimes even inside my ship. That's what drained the fun for me. I'm okay with hardcore mode if it causes me to learn stuff by dying, to be more cautious, that maybe water is important, etc. But dieing to random mobs that one shot me is no learning experience. As for the dieing on low health/hunger/hydration, I hate dieing to much to do such a thing :p And if I'll die to something I can call my own fault, I'll most certainly reset the world again, myself ;)

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I love the hardcore mode in theory, but after resetting the world a few times(Stupid noob mistakes), I got to a point where my deaths where due to overpowered, randomly appearing mobs, sometimes even inside my ship. That's what drained the fun for me. I'm okay with hardcore mode if it causes me to learn stuff by dying, to be more cautious, that maybe water is important, etc. But dieing to random mobs that one shot me is no learning experience. As for the dieing on low health/hunger/hydration, I hate dieing to much to do such a thing :p And if I'll die to something I can call my own fault, I'll most certainly reset the world again, myself ;)

aromabackup

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019

Keep hearing people talk about mobs appearing inside ships. I'd love to see this happen. That being said, Sync Core prevents ALL permadeath except that which is caused by mobs glitching into your ship somehow (EDIT: or death caused by stupidity). And that'd be what Aromabackup (or manual backup) would be for, if you really felt the need for it. So yeah, I still stand by my statements; I think turning off mobs or turning off hardcore totally defeats the purpose of this mod pack, but if you do it, it doesn't affect me, so have fun.

Last edited:

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a mob appear in front me only once. I was in the middle of my base so couldn't have glitched threw a wall. It appeared to close for it to be from any possible dark spot. I don't remeber the time if day, if it happens again I'll have to see if it's at dawn. If it is then that could be from the reinforcement of a mob outside burning.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I've had a mob appear in front me only once. I was in the middle of my base so couldn't have glitched threw a wall. It appeared to close for it to be from any possible dark spot. I don't remeber the time if day, if it happens again I'll have to see if it's at dawn. If it is then that could be from the reinforcement of a mob outside burning.
I've had it happen at night right in front of me, both times I was near my mob drop trap but everything lit up. week ago, I ran some tests and with artificial lights (minefactory reloaded glowstone bricks and glowstone glass from openblocks(?) or extra utils... lit up. no yellow in F7. perch over base and watch and I saw mobs appear out of thin air where it was fully lit. not dawn, and no mistakes. did all of the lighting using spc and walked over every inch of it. Made the ground ferrous block all throughout tho and they stopped. something wierd is going on for sure.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
And that'd be what Aromabackup (or manual backup) would be for, if you really felt the need for it.
Exactly, I manually backup my save before going to a city. Since I usually die, I will be ready for a possible SYNC glitch (hasn't happened yet, knock on wood).

Podonnel had a good suggestion about encasing the sync chamber in a water column. I might do that because its a such an elegantly simple idea. I just need to think up a proper room type around (cloning vats?).

That being said, I have not yet (knock on wood again) lost a 1.1.2 world. In total my current game is that 8th world I am on (since 1.0.8 I believe).

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Does anything require the advanced pressure system for pneumatic craft? Or does it just make things easier / better?

The charging station, and a few other other pneumatic blocks are able to accept higher than 5 bars of pressure, and at least 1 of those requires higher than 5 bars to work.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I've had it happen at night right in front of me, both times I was near my mob drop trap but everything lit up. week ago, I ran some tests and with artificial lights (minefactory reloaded glowstone bricks and glowstone glass from openblocks(?) or extra utils... lit up. no yellow in F7. perch over base and watch and I saw mobs appear out of thin air where it was fully lit. not dawn, and no mistakes. did all of the lighting using spc and walked over every inch of it. Made the ground ferrous block all throughout tho and they stopped. something wierd is going on for sure.
You bring up a good point here. What methods of lighting are people using that see mobs appear like that? Glowstone nooks and such?

I only ever use torches and have not seen this happen. If we get a bit more info together we could maybe close in on the problem.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
My monster trap is two 1.5 deep (using slabs) trenches with a 2x2 corridor with a ceiling in between. It gets really crowded with mobs constantly phasing through. For lightning I use exclusively glowstone nooks since they don't raise heat. I got a mob in the corridor about twice.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
...that said brutes winding up in your base as part of the reinforcement mechanism can get "interesting".... :)
I still have PTSD from this. I have spent close to a week irl just setting up my ship and base (I'm very particular). After dying a couple of times to random spawning mobs I am worried about walking away from my computer at night. I back myself into a corner of my ship and hope that the rule for them having to spawn out of LoS isn't being ignored. I'm just glad it was only a brutish last time and not one of those 400hp super brutes.

As for it happening again, I will be running Shadowplay from now on. If it does happen I'll post a vid. From what I can tell from last time though. It is the suns damage that triggers the zombie reinforce. I have a preliminary explanation a few pages back.

zortag

Jul 29, 2019
I tryied to build a server for play with my girlfriend on my local network.
Because we are used to play with some bukkit plugins installed (basic, like essentials and few others) i changed the jar executable with cauldron (ex MCPC+). That server worked well in agrarian skies and magic farm 2 modpacks, but crashes with this one.
There is the server crash log

2014-08-28 12:58:06 [Informazioni] [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader version 6.4.49.965 for Minecraft 1.6.4 loading
2014-08-28 12:58:06 [Informazioni] [ForgeModLoader] Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.7.0_45, running on Windows 7:amd64:6.1, installed at D:\Java\jre7
2014-08-28 12:58:06 [Buono] [ForgeModLoader] Java classpath at launch is E:\Desktop\modpacks^CrashLanding^1_1_2^CrashLandingServer\FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar
2014-08-28 12:58:06 [Buono] [ForgeModLoader] Java library path at launch is D:\Java\jre7\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;.
2014-08-28 12:58:06 [Buono] [ForgeModLoader] Enabling runtime deobfuscation

[CUTTED TO SHORTEN POST]

2014-08-28 12:58:09 [Informazioni] [ForgeModLoader] Launching wrapped minecraft {net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer}
2014-08-28 12:58:10 [Grave] [ForgeModLoader] Unable to launch
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:54)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/block/BlockFlowing
at net.minecraft.block.Block.<clinit>(Block.java:108)
at net.minecraft.stats.StatList.func_75921_a(StatList.java:185)
at net.minecraft.stats.StatList.<clinit>(StatList.java:96)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:1752)
... 12 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.block.BlockFlowing
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:186)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 16 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.objectweb.asm.Frame.a(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.MethodWriter.visitMaxs(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.tree.MethodNode.accept(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.tree.ClassNode.accept(Unknown Source)
at codechicken.lib.asm.ASMHelper.createBytes(ASMHelper.java:121)
at codechicken.lib.asm.ASMHelper.alterMethods(ASMHelper.java:281)
at codechicken.core.asm.TweakTransformer.transform(TweakTransformer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:274)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:172)
... 18 more

EDIT: The log is from the latest version of MCPC+.
I tryied the raccomended version of 1.6.4 Cauldron, the startup change a bit but the error is the same. There is the cauldron log

2014-08-28 15:13:54 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader version 6.4.49.965 for Minecraft 1.6.4 loading
2014-08-28 15:13:54 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.7.0_45, running on Windows 7:amd64:6.1, installed at D:\Java\jre7
2014-08-28 15:13:54 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Java classpath at launch is E:\Desktop\modpacks^CrashLanding^1_1_2^CrashLandingServer\FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar
2014-08-28 15:13:54 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Java library path at launch is D:\Java\jre7\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;.
2014-08-28 15:13:54 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Enabling runtime deobfuscation
2014-08-28 15:13:54 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Instantiating coremod class FMLCorePlugin
2014-08-28 15:13:54 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Enqueued coremod FMLCorePlugin
2014-08-28 15:13:54 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Instantiating coremod class FMLForgePlugin
2014-08-28 15:13:54 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Enqueued coremod FMLForgePlugin
2014-08-28 15:13:54 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] All fundamental core mods are successfully located
2014-08-28 15:13:54 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Discovering coremods

[CUTTED TO SHORTEN POST]

2014-08-28 15:13:58 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Successfully applied runtime patches for net/minecraft/world/gen/feature/WorldGenForest (new size 2604)
2014-08-28 15:13:58 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Unable to launch
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/block/BlockFlowing
at net.minecraft.block.Block.<clinit>(Block.java:107)
at net.minecraft.stats.StatList.func_75921_a(StatList.java:185)
at net.minecraft.stats.StatList.<clinit>(StatList.java:96)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:1701)
... 12 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.block.BlockFlowing
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:186)
... 16 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.objectweb.asm.Frame.a(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.MethodWriter.visitMaxs(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.tree.ClassNode.accept(Unknown Source)
at codechicken.lib.asm.ASMHelper.createBytes(ASMHelper.java:121)
at codechicken.lib.asm.ASMHelper.alterMethods(ASMHelper.java:281)
at codechicken.core.asm.TweakTransformer.transform(TweakTransformer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:274)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:172)
... 18 more

I know there are Crash Landing servers online, so anyone can help?

Last edited:

AJ Plaze

Jul 29, 2019
A question for you guys: How many cities did you guys generate before finally finding a power plant with Big Reactor components?

I've already generated five cities beyond the first one that comes with the map, and let's just say I'm having very poor luck.
For me it was the 3rd city, I only stayed for a while in the first one however and only scanned the next two looking for it.

Eastern Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Is that normal that mob essence placed in world works as water source (use bottles to get normal water)? I think that it's bug
P.S. Like that pack, but think will be better if quests will be like in agrarian skies, covering almost every non-vanilla things (as getting netherack, endstone...) Still like pac, pretty hardcore but need use wiki much...
is development is still continuing? Good luck.

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Little offtopic but maybe some one know Walled City Generator mod and can help. If so please read spoiler.
Im trying to generate cities without towers but whenever i set:
tower_rule=0,100,0
make_end_towers=0
make_gatehouse_towers=0
they do not spawn but there are holes in the ground where they should be.
http://imgur.com/LeRbznt
Is there way to spawn them higher so that they do not fill ground with air blocks?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Is that normal that mob essence placed in world works as water source (use bottles to get normal water)? I think that it's bug
P.S. Like that pack, but think will be better if quests will be like in agrarian skies, covering almost every non-vanilla things (as getting netherack, endstone...) Still like pac, pretty hardcore but need use wiki much...
is development is still continuing? Good luck.
Yup it s a bug. Don't know if its fixable.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I don't see myself ever doing something like a lets play unless I go through the effort of captioning everything...... I'm not a huge fan of my recorded voice...
There's a guy who does Kerbal Space Program videos with caption only, no voice. His videos are hilarious! Danny something or other

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Iskandar I have one thing to say and one request. To all those asking for it to be easier, do not give in. I came into this pack not knowing anything other then the couple weeks I spent playing skyfactory (I just recently switched to PC from xbox). And I think I've died at least a few hundred times by now. But everytime has taught a new lesson. And I am now comfortable enough to be able to enjoy this pack in progression. It is an experience to relearn how to play the game. And that oh crap moment means so much more. And the deaths feel so much more. So I ask to not give into those who feel there entitled that the pack change its incentive to meet there desires. There are other options for them if they wish. And the beautiful thing with modded minecraft they can change their own experience. So please do not simplify it for the masses for a few people unable to cope, understand, research and relearn strategy. And thank you for your time and dedication to creating this enjoyment.
I also have something to say:
To all those asking not to review and optimize the difficulty gradient, do not give in. From a game design perspective, there are terrible blips in the difficulty graph which negatively impact the progression experience.

But you guys already know this so I'm mostly just tweaking nexest's nose a bit :p