1.7.10 FTB Pack News

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
There are several updates of Soul Shard for 1.7 , even if they don't come from the original mod maker , like Soul Shard Reborn for 1.7.10 ...

Google it before answering ....

Google what ? i have no questions...

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Tech support doesn't end at the tech support site. I help people on the forums almost daily with tech support, regardless of if it's a standard FTB pack, something from the ATLauncher, or a custom pack someone tossed together.

I should probably have stated that no one in the FTB crew is obliged to help you. Not that they are actually obliged to anyway.
But I did have a reply from a team member once who was apparently having a bad day. :/

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I just can't believe the number of entitled children (or those with pre-teen temperment) bitching about whether work someone else is doing for them AT NO F-ING CHARGE will be good enough for them. I hope that the pack devs with true vision don't give up and neuter out all of the creative content for the complainers who want their way on everything to the point where they're even pre-bitching that SMP servers probably won't have HQM disabled.

Granted, I am just halfway through this thread so there's the distant possibility that this crowd has turned and is now going to wait and try packs and see if they like them and go try the other 20 packs if they don't.

Love and kisses!

Funny - editing now that I caught up to now and things did calm down. Cranky man shuffling away to play some of the awesome Jampacks

Last edited:

Torvipt

Jul 29, 2019
Good Day, Can anyone help me with something, so, when I start the FTB Laucher, for example, when I run the modpack Monster, and create a new world, or play in a world already created, I play 5 minutes in this world and Minecraft automatically closes and does not say why, but if I'm on a server (something I hate to be) no longer does this, can someone help me please? This only happens in singleplayer worlds!

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but it is incredibly unstable, for me it crashes on startup about 9/10 times, I ended up going back to the latest release of java 7, much more stable :p

I've played with Java 8 for a while now without difficulty.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I've played with Java 8 for a while now without difficulty.

I haven't had any issues at all... I've been playing 1.6 DWE20, Monster, Agrarian Skies and Crash Landing; 1.7.10 Unstable, and all the 1.8 Snapshots up through pre-release 2.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Good Day, Can anyone help me with something, so, when I start the FTB Laucher, for example, when I run the modpack Monster, and create a new world, or play in a world already created, I play 5 minutes in this world and Minecraft automatically closes and does not say why, but if I'm on a server (something I hate to be) no longer does this, can someone help me please? This only happens in singleplayer worlds!
This is probably memory-related. You should have a crash report in your minecraft instance folder. this is not a support thread, though, so I suggest you find that crash report, upload it to pastebin, find the modpack support area of the forums, and finally paste the pastebin url so people can help you.

Reactions: zBob

darknighht257

Jul 29, 2019
hey i was wondering if the 1.7.10 unstable pack that is in the launcher now, will some day be fixed cause as of now their is lots of bugs.

One specifiably is, the bluepower blue alloy wire doesn't really work very well, i have only tested it on the Tconstruct Smeltery, (the way i tested it was by the way I semi-automate my smeltery, which is by putting 10 drains all around the smeltery than above the drains i put redstone wire,wire depends on the mods in the pack, than i attach a timer to the wire, set at around 4.25 secs, with a lever next to the time, than under all the casting tables with ingot casts on them i have hoppers running into one chest with one pipe on the top leading to another bigger chest, like an iron, gold or diamond chest.) But when i set this up on the unstable pack the bluepower alloy wire wasn't really carrying the signal more than one blocks distance rednet wires werent either actually.

Now that im writing it down im wondering maybe the mod author just changed the smeltery, does anyone know anything about the Tconstruct smeltery being alter in 1.7.10 for to not drain when receiving a redstone signal?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
hey i was wondering if the 1.7.10 unstable pack that is in the launcher now, will some day be fixed cause as of now their is lots of bugs.
Simple answer. No.

That pack was not created for you to play with. It was created to test 1.7 mod and modpacks on the launcher.
Once it proved that proper 1.7 mod packs were released.
It is also for testing unstable mods. If a mod becomes stable why would it be put into the unstable pack.
That pack will likely never be updated with 1.7 mods ever again.
Though it "might" get updated with 1.8 mods but it just as easily might not.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Simple answer. No.

That pack was not created for you to play with. It was created to test 1.7 mod and modpacks on the launcher.
Once it proved that proper 1.7 mod packs were released.
It is also for testing unstable mods. If a mod becomes stable why would it be put into the unstable pack.
That pack will likely never be updated with 1.7 mods ever again.
Though it "might" get updated with 1.8 mods but it just as easily might not.
So informative, but then again maybe not.

The real answer is that Unstable has been steadily improving as bugs are found and new versions are released. Then new beta-level mods are added and sometimes introduce more instability. People are playing with the Unstable pack and having fun. Just watch build guild streams on twitch. It was created for people to play and find issues with. So enjoy it but caveat emptor.

Reactions: Padfoote

RJS

Jul 29, 2019

One specifiably is, the bluepower blue alloy wire doesn't really work very well, i have only tested it on the Tconstruct Smeltery, (the way i tested it was by the way I semi-automate my smeltery, which is by putting 10 drains all around the smeltery than above the drains i put redstone wire,wire depends on the mods in the pack, than i attach a timer to the wire, set at around 4.25 secs, with a lever next to the time, than under all the casting tables with ingot casts on them i have hoppers running into one chest with one pipe on the top leading to another bigger chest, like an iron, gold or diamond chest.) But when i set this up on the unstable pack the bluepower alloy wire wasn't really carrying the signal more than one blocks distance rednet wires werent either actually.

Now that im writing it down im wondering maybe the mod author just changed the smeltery, does anyone know anything about the Tconstruct smeltery being alter in 1.7.10 for to not drain when receiving a redstone signal?

Yes it will improve, but don't expect it to become a fully polished pack along the lines of the 1.6.4 packs. It is a testing pack, and as such things will go wrong from time to time. Obviously the FTB team can't push out an update for it every day or so, and some of the issues with playing beta-stage mods will remain for a length of time. If you are playing with Unstable and having a mod-related issue, then you may well be better off removing the older mod version and putting in a newer version if that newer version solves the issues you're having. Unstable is a great pack to have, and I'm really enjoying the new 1.7.10 stuff, but it does require a bit more engagement with the mods and their updates to get the best out of it.

Deefster10k

Jul 29, 2019

blue alloy wire doesn't work well at all in that version of bluepower iirc.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
We will not be supporting java 8 at all as far as bug report go.
Fair enough. I can't change my JAVA_HOME to 1.7 since I'm dev-ing some 1.8 apps but it's OK.

I thought there was an option in the launcher to change your JRE, wasn't there? It's just set now to the default, maybe it was like this all along...

@DaemosDaen : Yes it does run on Java 8. I've never had any problems with it, been playing on it since Java 8 came out.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough. I can't change my JAVA_HOME to 1.7 since I'm dev-ing some 1.8 apps but it's OK.

I thought there was an option in the launcher to change your JRE, wasn't there? It's just set now to the default, maybe it was like this all along...

@DaemosDaen : Yes it does run on Java 8. I've never had any problems with it, been playing on it since Java 8 came out.
Mojang doesn't list java 8 in their requirements. No sense in utilizing an unsupported version. You won't know if it's that or a legitimate bug that you've found. So, go to the Options section of the FTB Launcher, punch the Advanced Options enormously wide button and give the exact path up to and include javaw.exe (assuming windows). This way you can use java 7 for minecraft without changing java home. But, if you're going to be developing I would suggest you look into setting your environment variables with a batch file so you can have whatever java home you need for every situation.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Mojang doesn't list java 8 in their requirements. No sense in utilizing an unsupported version. You won't know if it's that or a legitimate bug that you've found. So, go to the Options section of the FTB Launcher, punch the Advanced Options enormously wide button and give the exact path up to and include javaw.exe (assuming windows). This way you can use java 7 for minecraft without changing java home. But, if you're going to be developing I would suggest you look into setting your environment variables with a batch file so you can have whatever java home you need for every situation.
Well, big fail on my part *sigh* I know about the Advanced Options and had found the JRE path, just didn't think it was editable and would save the path! Oh god the shame...

So yeah, I'm playing FTB with Java7 and dev-ing with Java8 :p

Prawncraft

Jul 29, 2019
So, I know that this will break a definite rule and probably annoy some people, but...
I needed to ask for an update on release times *please, don't hit me*
To clarify, I'm aware of the amount of effort that Jadedcat, Eyamaz and other modpack developers put into their work, and I also know
that they don't get payed and seemingly do it all for the genuine feeling of pleasure and accomplishment. Furthermore, I know that this goes
unappreciated by a lot of the community. But on the other hand, it's been several months since we've had any real updates (beyond the Unstable test pack of course) which is fine, and definitely a large step toward further updates, but the lack of even an extremely vague release date is distancing a lot of player from using FTB. In my own case, in particular, I just want to know if it's better for me to go through the painstaking effort to build my own pack using ATL or something similar, or wait for the FTB packs which will, invariably, be much better.
My friends and I love playing modded Minecraft together, but we haven't played in a long time while waiting for updates. We really want to start a 1.7.10 server, but we also love the FTB packs.
So ... that basically translates to (and I'm really, really sorry for asking and I know I'll probably just get blocked from the forum immediately) but:
is it worth waiting another month before starting a patchy 'homemade' server?
Even a little comment like "Pack development going smoothly" or some tiny piece of update news would put me, my friends, and I suspect a large portion of the fanbase, at ease. Also when I said I was aware of the amount of effort, what I actually meant was "I struggle with making basic modded packs and therefore you must be shining gods to produce the mod-heavy, intricate FTB ones". So that's more of an assumption than anything. I don't actually have much experience.
If in fact there have been some recent tidbits of news in regards to the 1.7.10 pack development then I'm really sorry if you read through my pointless post, and could you please link them?

*grovel, scrape, plead*
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.