Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It doesn't say if it's 1.6 or 1.7 in the OP, but it's not really worth it if it is for 1.6.4
I dunno. I desperately wanna check out 1.7 myself, but its in huge flux right now. Greg is releasing new updates on an almost-daily basis.

While 1.7 has seen massive changes and differences, a 1.6 tutorial would still give you a good feel for what a GT pack is like, similar to going to thaumcraft 4 from 3 (I think that was the big change, I dont follow TC at all)

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Why do you say that?
The mod basically changed everything in it between 1.6.4 -> 1.7, IIRC.
I dunno. I desperately wanna check out 1.7 myself, but its in huge flux right now. Greg is releasing new updates on an almost-daily basis.

While 1.7 has seen massive changes and differences, a 1.6 tutorial would still give you a good feel for what a GT pack is like, similar to going to thaumcraft 4 from 3 (I think that was the big change, I dont follow TC at all)
TC3 -> TC4 is a MUCH smaller difference than GT4 -> GT5, IIRC.

Reactions: midi_sec

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
a 1.6 GT tutorial will include lessons on the industrial grinder, which is no longer in the mod.

I mean, unless you consider learning to drive a toyota corolla as preparation for stepping into a 6 second drag race car.

Last edited:
Reactions: SatanicSanta

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
a 1.6 GT tutorial will include lessons on the industrial grinder, which is no longer in the mod.

I mean, unless you consider learning to drive a toyota corolla as preparation for stepping into a 6 second drag race car.
If I've never driven before? I'll take what I can get :)