[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

SiberianPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: maybe I missed something but are we not supposed to go into the nether in CL? I made my portal and went in to find only a red void.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Only watch this if you're a noob and stuck. Very helpful.

That's a really nice basic instructional video for the first day. I like it!

I rush 5 logs, turn them into the TC tables, make a bonemeal shovel (use stick for handle, 2 bonemeal for head), and dig a 2x2 trench with a 3-4 high wall around my ship and just enough room out front to plant a few trees. It's almost he same thing, and if you hurry, you can get the wall up before nightfall. Still have to keep an eye out for spiders though.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
The MFR chunk loader is not worth using at all. It only has a tiny range at max setting, it eats 2 billion RF to charge up and run, and it needs a ton of mob essence to run. Most people on here just install chickenchunks which is a mod with a much better chunk loader.

Dimensional Anchors are my loader of choice nowadays. They just work and have never been involved in a chunk reset for me---knock on wood---unlike chickenchunks chunkloaders.

The MFR chunkloader doesn't need any mob essence to run. Mob essence just makes it a tiny, tiny bit cheaper in terms of power. At least that is how it was when it was added, might have changed by now. Liquid fuel will gradually reduce the energy cost by 80RF/t/chunk. If you don't have any fuel it does just the opposite. In any case it is ridiculously expensive compared to any other chunkloader I've seen.

Yeah. I thought about adding a mod with a different chunk loader. But I have the MFR Chunk Loaders made already, and I am very interested in making the game work as is, out of the bag. If Iskandar wants to add some other chunk loaders later, that's fine, but I want to make due with what I have and besides, it helps me learn new mods.

That being said, from what you guys wrote, just hook it up to power and mob essence (both of which I have a steady supply of atm) and it will work. That just leaves radius. Radius 1 is, I am guessing, just the chunk it's in? Would radius 2 be a cross or a 3x3 square? This is what is confusing me the most.

Also, all of MFR's machines have the little Energy, Work, Idle bars that let you know when they are working. Anyone have any idea what the Chunk Loader's bars should look like when it is operating correctly? I am a little worried that it is stopping and starting and stopping and starting, etc, which could be bad. So yeah, want to make sure it's working properly.

EDIT: words

Last edited:

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
The radius is a cross shape and not a square, and I think the highest radius you can set it is 2 or 3, which is really tiny. In order for it to run continuously, it needs the power bar to be filling up. If it's using power as fast as it's receiving it, then it's probably toggling on and off.

shalzi

Jul 29, 2019
can animals spawn on this map and how do you get wheat seeds ive been bonemealing grass hitting it with the shovel axe thing and sieving it n got none?
and how the hell do i get ingameinfoxml to work ive been trying for ages but had no joy!

Redmicrowave

Jul 29, 2019
So im at the point were im stable on food and water. Think i need to go get a smeltery just want some advice on what to take to the citys.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
3-5 different food, a good weapon, stack or 2 of non breakable blocks, and 2 stacks of Glowstone noods. Maybe if you have it needle gun and ammo and the Golden bag of holding if you can afford to make it should do. make sure to light up the spawners as you go. Drum or contain of water.

Last edited:

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
So im at the point were im stable on food and water. Think i need to go get a smeltery just want some advice on what to take to the citys.

Hang-glider. Stacks of cobble to pillar up for escape/flight. Even if you don't pillar up to fly, just a jump fly lets you travel faster. Take a pick that's better then bone. You want to be able to break blocks to get at the spawners. Listen for pigmen. Invar armor, other wise pigs will 1 shot you.

Reactions: CJoker3221

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Sleeping bag. Go to bed at 6:32pm each day so no normal mobs spawn.

If you're playing hard path consider sieving the resources you need to craft your own Sync stuff and making a shell before you go. You will get killed one way or another, at least with another shell it doesn't mean the end of your world.

Stick to the middle of the streets, always be prepared to run, don't risk your life in the regular buildings. Keep going until you find a TC building, run in, break the 3 spawners on the first floor, grab your smeltery stuff, then get the hell out of Dodge. There is a chest on the 2nd floor usually, but also another spawner and sometimes a couple file cabinets.

If you spend any time on a roof be careful of the concrete. It makes you move faster and won't let you go through 2-high places you normally could walk through, it also will push you off to either side when you do try to go through a place like that, possibly pushing you right off the roof. If you have to sleep on a roof lay down an extra layer of block before placing the sleeping bag. I've glitched through single layers, possibly risking an unpleasant encounter.

You shouldn't need that much water. If you're walking half a day in practically any direction from the ship will find you on the outskirts of a city. You will need plenty of food though if you get cornered and have to fight. Make some more needlegun ammo, just in case. Bring arrows, gunpowder, and a crafting bench in case you have to reload your ammo. Keep all the extra junk in a golden bag of holding. Generally it is better to run away than to fight. If it looks like it could go bad just leave. There are multiple TC buildings in every city. Worst case scenario move off a couple hundred units so the mobs in the building you want to plunder despawn so you have a better chance at it.

Bring a crescent hammer. If you hit a pneumaticraft building there is a chance of it having a redstone energy cell.

If you decide to clear some of the other buildings do it from the top down, that way you don't have to worry about mobs dropping onto you from floors above which is about the easiest way to die in the city there is. Nerd pole, glider, jetpack, whatever to get to the top and then methodically clear your way to the bottom.

Last edited:

Redmicrowave

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the city hunting advice.

I managed to find 40 odd seared bricks in the 2nd building i checked and a controller then ran all the away homes.

If i wanted to add another layer t my smelter do i need to go back or can i use my new toy to get more bricks?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks for the city hunting advice.

I managed to find 40 odd seared bricks in the 2nd building i checked and a controller then ran all the away homes.

If i wanted to add another layer t my smelter do i need to go back or can i use my new toy to get more bricks?
I know of at least one way: you can just pour seared stone from your smeltery onto regular cobblestone, and it creates more seared stone (in the form of a block) than you spent.

CJoker3221

Jul 29, 2019
Hang-glider. Stacks of cobble to pillar up for escape/flight. Even if you don't pillar up to fly, just a jump fly lets you travel faster. Take a pick that's better then bone. You want to be able to break blocks to get at the spawners. Listen for pigmen. Invar armor, other wise pigs will 1 shot you.
Oh my God! Very useful tip, thank you! :D

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I guess I found something we should probably add to this pack in abandoned house 2 pack. :) It gets referenced so often ya know....

big.boy.pants.png

Flukesy

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason when i load crash landing it will just load 1.6.4 vanilla with no mods and if i create a world its just a random generated world.
To make sure it wasnt the launcher i tried other packs (DW20 and Argrarian Skies) and these both loaded the mods and map (A/S) fine.
I also tried reinstalling the launcher but the same thing happens.

Anyone got any advice on how to run this pack?

Koraima

Jul 29, 2019
can animals spawn on this map and how do you get wheat seeds ive been bonemealing grass hitting it with the shovel axe thing and sieving it n got none?
and how the hell do i get ingameinfoxml to work ive been trying for ages but had no joy!
If you want some tips on getting seeds you can watch my episode on farming, I compiled all the methods of getting seeds and saplings