[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
There are probably as many cities as you can travel. I think I proved that it's randomized not by seed but something else.

Cities are chunk based spawns every time you load a new chunk there is a chance that a city will spawn provided that there are no other cities within a certin distance center to center. The curent distance is set to 1000 blocks so with the cities being 480 blocks you must travle at least 520 blocks away from a city befor finding another city

AvidG

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! Wanted to ask a question about the pack. Not sure if it is the right spot or not. Apologies if it is not the correct place to ask the question.

I have been using the sync mod with this pack and I noticed that when a shell dies, all it's inventory just disappears. Not dropped, not placed in tombstone (like it is normally, found that out while playing LAN multiplayer with a friend) or anything like that, just disappears.

Now my question is - is the item deletion accidental or intentional? Is it a feature of the pack or the sync mod itself works like that?

I ask this because I lost some very good tools (my legendary level manyullin scythe T_T) and I would like to know if it was because of a bug or intentional.

Thank you for taking the time to read through it and answering if possible.

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
It certainly should go in a tombstone, all the times I've died in this mod and had a sync shell handy tombstones have appeared. I don't know if thats a random glitch (there have been times where tombstones just didn't form for me) or if thats a multiplayer thing, though...

andyyym

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! Wanted to ask a question about the pack. Not sure if it is the right spot or not. Apologies if it is not the correct place to ask the question.

I have been using the sync mod with this pack and I noticed that when a shell dies, all it's inventory just disappears. Not dropped, not placed in tombstone (like it is normally, found that out while playing LAN multiplayer with a friend) or anything like that, just disappears.

Now my question is - is the item deletion accidental or intentional? Is it a feature of the pack or the sync mod itself works like that?

I ask this because I lost some very good tools (my legendary level manyullin scythe T_T) and I would like to know if it was because of a bug or intentional.

It should drop in a tombstone, so maybe check your config options? or scan the area more closely for a gravestone, I've missed em before!

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

did you die to a creeper because they can blowup your tombstone as well as some of the item in the tombstone

AvidG

Jul 29, 2019
did you die to a creeper because they can blowup your tombstone as well as some of the item in the tombstone

1. Did not die to a creeper. Died to a zombie pigman.

2. Checked all around the area.

No sign of a gravestone anywhere. And if you could tell me which config file to look at, that would be massively helpful. Thanks. ^_^

joxer90x

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused why the temperature at night is same as day, always thought deserts get really cold at night...

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

No sign of a gravestone anywhere. And if you could tell me which config file to look at, that would be massively helpful. Thanks. ^_^
As long as the grave shows up in NEI its enabled

Redmicrowave

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
Loving the map but i seen to be struggling to get supply of food and water.
I think i'm just building wrong stuff but come 3rd or 4th day im just not able to keep up with my needs.

Any advice for like a checklist of what should be done?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
Loving the map but i seen to be struggling to get supply of food and water.
I think i'm just building wrong stuff but come 3rd or 4th day im just not able to keep up with my needs.

Any advice for like a checklist of what should be done?

Take the easy route.
Day 1: dig 3 deep pits that you can drop dust into to suffocate mobs. This will give you enough bones. With bonemeal you only need 1 farmland for each crop type you get. You can aslo bonemeal fruit on trees.
By day 3-4 you should (need) to have a slab furnace to be making dirty water into clean water.
Spend the iron to make shears, this give enough leaves to compost for dirt. If you have a cobble gen at this point hammer to get gravel to sift to get ferrous to make invar. Invar shears make the iron last a lot longer. Also invar pick is needed for the terrain smasher.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

As long as the grave shows up in NEI its enabled

Edit: Just jumped into a test world an set up 5 clones. Spawned some Pigs died 4 times and got 4 graves i think you just got unlucky 2014-08-23_08.54.14.png

AvidG

Jul 29, 2019
Problem solved - the stupid gravestone glitched, it spawned under a dust block (I was fighting in the city near one of those dust mounds). Thanks for all the helpful suggestions though. ^_^ Sorry for wasting your time. I guess minecraft just hates me. T_T

Reactions: Shane2482

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I think im missing something, how do i get the crops?
there are quest rewards for crops, you can sieve dirt, or make an area with dirt and plant grass then let it get fully and you can bone meal for fruit tree sapling and right click with a bone mattock to get seeds.

AvidG

Jul 29, 2019
I think im missing something, how do i get the crops?

The initial food source will mostly be bone for stock and rice (gotten from quests). Later on, you can get it from using a mattock on grass or bonemealing grass and getting different plants that way. ^_^ If you are struggling with water, try and make some shears - leaves are easy source of fast water.

Hope that helps. :)

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, very nice map but I got to the point where I need grout. Since clay doesn't make it where the hell am I supposed to find grout?? All I see is dust, not a single ruin or city or whatever ? Any idea how far I should go to find one? Or are there even any?

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
not sure if this is a bug (although i don't see how it wouldn't be), but it appears that when a grinder has a fluidduct pumping out the mob essence it seems to double the output. Is any one having this issue/ is it a known bug?
Seems to only affect the grinder though nothing else, although it might affect other MFR machines that produce any form of liquid I haven't really looked into it enough. I just noticed that when i had switched to Ender IO fluid conduits that the output was different and sure enough the fluidduct is the issue. The grinder should be only producing 100mb per mob however when it is pumped out via a duct it doubles it.

shalzi

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, very nice map but I got to the point where I need grout. Since clay doesn't make it where the hell am I supposed to find grout?? All I see is dust, not a single ruin or city or whatever ? Any idea how far I should go to find one? Or are there even any?
there is no grout you have to go to the city the spawn randomly (I think) but be aware they have mob spawners in there im at the same stage but would advise getting some supplys before heading out (water food bed bag)

CJoker3221

Jul 29, 2019
From your base, walk around about 100 blocks away while opening the big map (press X to open big map) and you'll see a straight line on your map. The road's probably on the left by your base, mine is