MFR Harvester bug?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Dunno if this was fixed in a later version - want to verify before upgrading server and have to distribute and coordinate between all players.

My harvester has a tin upgrade, which should have it chop trees in a 9x9 area - however when I place it, it chops down everything within 2 miles 360 degrees around (including my wooden house).

There were no leaves touching so couldn't have mistaken them as a whole tree. Breaking the harvester and replacing it fixed it .. until I had to place it again due to a redesign and did it again!

*throws harvester in lava*

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
*throws harvester in lava*

Probably a good plan. As the only non freakish bug I can think of is if it was possessed or managed to take on the power of a hungry node.

But it sounds like a freakish bug. I've never seen that happen.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
earlier versions of MFR have a large log search space in order to accommodate large tree branches. This was configurable. Later versions of MFR have a much smaller initial search space then chop down any connected leaves (so it'll do a whole forest if that's where you have your tree farm). Both earlier and later versions won't chop below the initial log height with the earlier version not chopping below 1 above the initial log height (leaving stumps on trees that started at a lower layer). Both kinds are rather exploitable if you know how they work ;)

AlwaysGoofingOff

Jul 29, 2019
I have miles of 1-block high tree stumps now in all directions :(

Sounds awesome :) Actually, get one of these bugged harvesters and put it up against a sacred tree. See which one "wins". Although either way I suspect the "loser" will be your system as it crumbles to it's knees...