A Modpack With A New Idea

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should we try to make new modpacks that focus on IC2/Gregtech

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
I respect your comment . When you tell me that you will never finish , I am talking about content wise with mods . Yes you can build until you die , but trust me , when it comes to modpacks, you can;t add mods . Also most of the community plays on servers . For example , Monster , You get a quarry-plus( TO OP ) mine a hole out in five minutes , swim in iron/gold/diaminds , research everything in thaumcraft, get an enderium jetpack, make a big reactor , and ya , you think what else . Make a power suit , OK made one , and its fully thinkered . Thats basicely Monster in a nut shell for most players
Here's an idea, don't do that then. Do harder things! something I find very fun to do is pick a mod that I use all the time, and make a world where I can't use that mod. there are a great deal of things in monster other then that. If that's all that most people do with the massive list of mods in monster, than I think next main pack ftb sets up can be a lot smaller. I mean there are like 200+ mods in that right? (I never really took a look at the number.) there is so much more to it then just that.

Edit: Also I hate to play on servers... Less room for me to build things, and also not as easy to blow stuff up on servers. (Starts evil laugh.)

Last edited:

924Shrapnel

Jul 29, 2019
Ya , your right , GT or IC2 can;t fix it , GT change for 1.6.4/1.7.2 and became worse. I guess IC2 still needs too much work . To tell you , I started this thread so that people could be interested in EU again . Thank you . You respected my post and didn't hate , so ya , your cool . This stirred up more attention then I thought :)

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Ya , your right , GT or IC2 can;t fix it , GT change for 1.6.4/1.7.2 and became worse. I guess IC2 still needs too much work . To tell you , I started this thread so that people could be interested in EU again . Thank you . You respected my post and didn't hate
Well I mean, I am playing GregTech right now, so it would be illogical for me to hate you for this idea :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I, personally, would like to see either a reboot of Unhinged or something like the Pax Challenges where you start off with ores (automatically (re-)placed in-world, not given to you for free as items, so you have to mine them yourself), wood, and stone, and have to make some high-end GregTech things from scratch. I think the progression in Gregtech from stone tools to steam-powered bronze machines to steel and electricity could be really fun.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
The whole concept behind minecraft is that the gameplay is completely open-ended. You gather resources so you can build stuff. As long as you have the imagination to come up with new stuff to build, the game will never end. Different mods try to change the gameplay in different ways. Some add new things to build & build with, some make resource gathering easier so you can focus more on building, some make things more challenging so you can focus on adventure, some add a more structured progression to the game. While many mods may represent conflicting goals, most mod authors seem to be content to throw their efforts open to the community & let the players decide how they want to play.

GregTech seems to have a very definite idea of what game progression should be & does not play well with those that may represent a difference of opinion. This is why GT got it's own Unhinged pack & is no longer part of the bigger, general packs.

Those who love it & those who don't all have strong feelings on the matter, & any discussion is likely to bring up more drama than you might expect when discussing just about any other mod.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anybody who is making/going to make a pack focussing around gregtech for 1.7? Cause, iirc there was a statement a bit ago, that there won't be any official ftb packs featuring GT (i don't know if that applies for 1.6 or 1.7 tho)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Until Gregtech makes itself into an official total conversion mod and is not dependent on IC2, I dont see any pack that will focus on GT specifically. There are packs that contain GT but dont focus on it. I really dont see a featured pack from FTB ever based around GT any time soon. The best you may get in 1.7 would be the pack by BevoLJ on the ATLauncher. Even that pack isn't centered on GT and there are alternative technology mod trees that allow you to avoid it completely.

Your best bet for a GT focused pack would be to make your own.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
I would really like to play another pack like Agrarian Skys but this time done around something like IC2/GT or Mekanism rather then Thermal Expansion & TiC for the tech side of things. I know this pack wouldn't be for every one but it would be worth having a look at.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't see why you wouldn't just go into monster and start disabling stuff. It is also actually pretty easy to make a custom modpack too if all your mods are in the universal configs.

I personally would like to see a pack based around universal electricity provided it has enough up to date mods. Of course if there is not, I will probably make my own.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I would really like to play another pack like Agrarian Skys but this time done around something like IC2/GT or Mekanism rather then Thermal Expansion & TiC for the tech side of things. I know this pack wouldn't be for every one but it would be worth having a look at.

Man, you really like to grind then... Imagine the time it would take to get enough ore/metal with sifters to do anything in GT.... /wrist.
To each their own I guess :)

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Man, you really like to grind then... Imagine the time it would take to get enough ore/metal with sifters to do anything in GT.... /wrist.
To each their own I guess :)
Gregtech isn't balanced around sifters, its balanced around rare but massive ore veins. That said, however, you could still figure out a way to make a pack balanced around it... Possibly having massive rewards or something. As for using IC2 in a skyblock, I don't see the issue. IC2 is cheap and easy...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Gregtech isn't balanced around sifters, its balanced around rare but massive ore veins. That said, however, you could still figure out a way to make a pack balanced around it... Possibly having massive rewards or something. As for using IC2 in a skyblock, I don't see the issue. IC2 is cheap and easy...
...or at least used to be, before Experimental. But it's still not as bad as GregTech.

But yeah, massive rewards would do it, or cheap Autonomous Activators. Or AAs as rewards...

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
...or at least used to be, before Experimental. But it's still not as bad as GregTech.

But yeah, massive rewards would do it, or cheap Autonomous Activators. Or AAs as rewards...
Haha it is still ridiculously cheap. It is only "expensive" compared to mods like TE, which isn't even a fair comparison- what difficulty is there in Thermal Expansion? What challenge?

What I am saying, is that IC2 would be a fine mod to balance a skyblock around, it has tons of content, and is low cost. If you were to use Gregtech, I agree with you that you would need massive rewards. Not AAs, since TE wouldn't be in the pack, but yes some big reward.