Want to produce 100,000 RF power - DW20 modpack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could have 312.5 heated redstone generators with destabilised redstone (320RF/t) which drains the exact same amount of redstone as it does normally and no lava cost.
It was my understanding that running destabilized redstone thru a heated redstone generator didn't increase the power output, just the duration of power provided per unit of solid input.

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
You have to use a magmatic crucible then, which uses a good bit of power.
But the cost of the crucibles is far outweighed by the power gained from the extra 160RF/t due to you only needing 12k RF every 5 mins (40RF/t overall) for 280RF/t surplus per generator. Therefore requiring 358 generators and 36 crucibles for a complete 100,024 RF/t

It was my understanding that running destabilized redstone thru a heated redstone generator didn't increase the power output, just the duration of power provided per unit of solid input.
Actually it does produce twice the power with the redstone lasting the same duration AND you do not need a solid input allowing you to compact the build further.

If you are wondering how to produce the amount of redstone required in DW20 you have two options. Bees :eek: or natura bloodwood trees that drop redstone as common as saplings.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Does Direwolf20 have Ender IO? If so, it doesn't matter which kind of input you use, they're both equally compact!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Even simple reactorcraft fission setups will usually output enough torque to run ten(ish) rotational dynamos at full whack. If I did my sums right (hah, as if ^_^), that's about 113k RF/t

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Even simple reactorcraft fission setups will usually output enough torque to run ten(ish) rotational dynamos at full whack. If I did my sums right (hah, as if ^_^), that's about 113k RF/t
turbine generator
one turbine at 900 MW is almost 200k rf/t

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
What is the power for? If you only need that Rf for a short duration, you can build small with huge bank of resonant energy cells.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Having solar generators from extra utilities help give the power a boost during different times to charge during night time and use in the day but it isn't steady enough unless you had tons of them set to transmit at intervals and I think TNT generators are 200 per tick but hurt things around them but that still isn't very much so I think you just need tons of each generator dynamo and other power sources you can get your hands on this is something unless you can get a good source of stars then you need to just keep making power sources

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
It's fairly easy to build an auto-wither killer(well not easy but easily doable), only reason I haven't done it is cos the noise would drive me mad.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
It's fairly easy to build an auto-wither killer(well not easy but easily doable), only reason I haven't done it is cos the noise would drive me mad.

Actually it's ridiculously simple but a tad exploity.

Or you could do it the brute force way and make it a lot harder (but not as exploity).

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm,,, If I recall correctly the pack has compact solars. Not sure of the conversion ratio between EU and RF in DW20 (Wait and see till next episode :p). In monster one HV solar can convert to about 2000RF/T via either an EU adapter or the powerconverter. With whatever DW20 has it could be more or it could be less. That assumes eternal day age with no weather btw ^^*. Eats a lot of iron, rubber, copper and redstone though.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm,,, If I recall correctly the pack has compact solars. Not sure of the conversion ratio between EU and RF in DW20 (Wait and see till next episode :p). In monster one HV solar can convert to about 2000RF/T via either an EU adapter or the powerconverter. With whatever DW20 has it could be more or it could be less. That assumes eternal day age with no weather btw ^^*. Eats a lot of iron, rubber, copper and redstone though.

if we take standard-ish conversion rate of 2.5EU=1MJ=10RF, 1 HV solar array would produce 2048 RF/t. which equals for 50 arrays during the day. that's probably as boring as one can get though.

Firebolt1

Jul 29, 2019
If you can; use time torches to increase production in power to a buffer to the machine (Not completely sure if it makes the machine take more power if outside time torch radius)

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Impossible isn't a word in my vocabulary. Let's Leeroy Jenkins into this shit. For scale, let's see just what 100,000 RF/t comes out to:

• 1,250 TE dynamos of any variety, since if memory serves, they all produce 80 RF/t.
  • 2,000 XU culinary generators running bread. (50 RF/t)
  • 625 XU heated redstone generators, or or MFR BioFuel generators. (160 RF/t)
  • 2,500 XU lava generators or pink generators. (40 RF/t)
  • 52 XU high-temperature furnace generators at maximum heat. (1,960 RF/t)
  • 3 XU nether star generators. (40,960 RF/t)
Note that these don't represent all of the options.

Hi,

Sorry for long delay, been away for work purposes. Thankyou so much for doing the maths on this. :)
I have selected the MFR BioFuel Generator option as I like the idea of MFR tree farms, it's kind of .. green.

I am currently designing the tank and generator buildings and will have screenies later this week, I want to try to
make it look interesting.

I have about 25 million saplings but adding more tree farms should be doable if needed.

I am wanting to generate the massive RF/Tick to power a bank of MFR mining laser banks, which can consume a LOT of energy.

Here is the first storage tank filling up.

2014-08-17_17.58.32.png

Here's the build order going into the MAC :)

2014-08-17_18.06.54.png

This is going to be fun!

-Wuffle

Last edited:
Reactions: E_DM_B

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All,

I have completed my first storage tank with BioFuel.. trying to automate the bioreactors to be efficient was a bit of work but got it done :)

2014-08-21_19.19.03.png

Now, I am trying to work out how to put 600 odd biofuel generators together... I've build a mini test rig that has
about 32 reactors in it.

2014-08-21_19.19.06.png

Is there a limit to how much RF/Tick that redstone conduits can handle?

I am trying to work out whether I build one giant 'Power building' or several buildings.

Any tips most appreciated!

-Wuffle