[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Go ahead, I really want some videos on youtube so people can see the pack. To my knowledge, no one has posted any videos of my pack.

Thank you. Actually, I might just forego waiting till the bugs are cleared and just go with the update flow. I'll post a link to the video here once it's uploaded.

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
I tried a bit of this pack and I would enjoy watching someone have a go at it xD

I tend to give myself an extra challenge and go into playing a pack completely without any prior knowledge, results have been...fun... (If my episode 1 of Crash Landing is any indication...)

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. Actually, I might just forego waiting till the bugs are cleared and just go with the update flow. I'll post a link to the video here once it's uploaded.

The beta download link is one version ahead with all the fixes if you want to use that.

Last edited:

Sparklepire

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to give myself an extra challenge and go into playing a pack completely without any prior knowledge, results have been...fun... (If my episode 1 of Crash Landing is any indication...)

That makes it for fun viewing lol :p I played that one until a creeper riding a spider came into my base and blew me up :(

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
The beta download link is one version ahead with all the fixes if you want to use that.

I probably will use that version, I had to scrap the pilot episode in post-editing due to a tower fan I had nearby was kicking up far too much of a racket and it caused a fair bit of noise in the beginning and I couldn't figure out how to remove the sound barring if I could at all.

Also, going through the Quest Book, I couldn't help but notice that the grammar was...less than stellar. If you would like some help correcting that, I'd be more than happy to help.

What I'll do is I'll set up the beta tonight, then tomorrow take another go at recording, without the damn fan going (and with a "script" to make the intro go smoother; I ramble far too much).

That makes it for fun viewing lol :p I played that one until a creeper riding a spider came into my base and blew me up :(

Haha, yeah. I had an experience very similar to that in the Ultra Hard Survival pack by Wyld on the ATLauncher. That Special Mobs mod (and the author Father_Toast) is just...for lack of a better word, evil (A little sarcasm there :p )

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
The new update only fixed 70% of the spelling. It doesn't fix any of the grammar :b
That'll be the next update.

SirChrisB

Jul 29, 2019
Been tinkering a bit around on the map and it´s great so far :)
Though I ran into a little snack with the quests, I just cant figure out where to find the mystical AE observation center for the Polytool quest, I mean we could synthesise it, but as we get the Synthesis Machine as a reward for thi quest it seems like there should be a way to get it without building it.

Keldaris

Jul 29, 2019
Been tinkering a bit around on the map and it´s great so far :)
Though I ran into a little snack with the quests, I just cant figure out where to find the mystical AE observation center for the Polytool quest, I mean we could synthesise it, but as we get the Synthesis Machine as a reward for thi quest it seems like there should be a way to get it without building it.

it's at the bottom of the biosphere, down through the webs in the jungle area. It's under the wood, the quest book actually tells you this if you read it closely.....it suggests burning the place down :) . You'll find a room with numerous storage drives, the polytool will be stored on one of the disks.

Milchreis

Jul 29, 2019
i found some bugs:

1) the quest "base tour" can't be finished, since the position is at the same place as the safe.

2) the respawn point is at the roof.

3) well, not really a bug, but the quest "getting food" don't gets me food. (or am i missing something there?)

SirChrisB

Jul 29, 2019
3) well, not really a bug, but the quest "getting food" don't gets me food. (or am i missing something there?)
You can eat the Sucrose you are making from the Sugar in the Decomposer.

it's at the bottom of the biosphere, down through the webs in the jungle area. It's under the wood, the quest book actually tells you this if you read it closely.....it suggests burning the place down :) . You'll find a room with numerous storage drives, the polytool will be stored on one of the disks.
Ah thanks, I actually skipped the Jungle Quest, because it somehow was completed for me without ever touching a single cocoa bean ;-)

Keldaris

Jul 29, 2019
So I found a bug. In the chemistry quest tree the Aspirin and Testosterone quests can be completed with any compound that has 4993 as it's item number this includes H20, O2 etc.

Ah thanks, I actually skipped the Jungle Quest, because it somehow was completed for me without ever touching a single cocoa bean ;-)

Coco Beans are a great source of carbon :) I advise getting them

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
The new update only fixed 70% of the spelling. It doesn't fix any of the grammar :b
That'll be the next update.

This is by far the most unique and creative pack I have seen in awhile.

Don't let the small things like spelling and grammar bother you, most of the people who complain about it aren't the brightest or best spellers themselves.

You did a great job with this and I am thoroughly looking forward to playing.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Since it was a submission for the competition, it was very rushed until to submission date. I've been going back through and fixing mistakes in the book, adding more descriptions and little tweaks now that I have more time.

Keldaris

Jul 29, 2019
So i've found another bugged quest. the "Additional Pylons Required" quest is impossible to complete...it doesn't list an item to submit. I've tried using the qds to deposit the two stacks but it remains at zero percent. I'm about half way through the pack now and loving it!! I'll keep looking for more bugs tomorrow.

joshypop11

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, I am loving this entry, really glad to see a pack with a bit of focus on MineChem.
However, I might be misunderstanding the quest description, but I am having trouble finding the ME Drives mentioned in the Polytool quest, could you give me a few hints?

Keldaris

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, I am loving this entry, really glad to see a pack with a bit of focus on MineChem.
However, I might be misunderstanding the quest description, but I am having trouble finding the ME Drives mentioned in the Polytool quest, could you give me a few hints?

This was answered exactly 10 posts ago