[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Do you ever see Les Stroud drinking 409098 gallons of water in a day? This pack would be nice if it weren't for that ridiculous feature.

I only ever use 4-6 water bottles per Minecraft day via the camel pack. They look to be about 16 oz of water, but let's just say they are 32 oz for arguments sake. So 6 bottles x 32 oz = 192 oz, which is 1.5 gallons of water consumed per day which seems about right to me considering we are on a very hot dry planet. Seems pretty realistic to me, but I guess that's just my opinion..

armen1965

Jul 29, 2019
K so now I'm almost done with the map but I'm stuck -_- how do I get blaze rods? I can't do anything else until I get them and how do I get oats for a horse[DOUBLEPOST=1407291450][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw iskander other than using stories in the quest book can u explain stuff?

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
K so now I'm almost done with the map but I'm stuck -_- how do I get blaze rods? I can't do anything else until I get them and how do I get oats for a horse[DOUBLEPOST=1407291450][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw iskander other than using stories in the quest book can u explain stuff?

Blaze rod. Lava in stone barrel and put an angry doll in it, then wait for a blaze to spawn..

Oats, use a mattock to til grass to get oat seeds

armen1965

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it's funny because whenever I think back to my agrarian skies day I remember maybe I should do that before checking this forums XD

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
*smacks forehead* cleaning out my chests for a move, picked up my lone enderpearl which happened to land in my active hotbar slot... got sniped by a skely causing me to step forward and deny his shot. Failed to take into account the fact that this altered my angle of attack on the chest..... next thing I know I'm shocked to find myself suffocating.......

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I only ever use 4-6 water bottles per Minecraft day via the camel pack. They look to be about 16 oz of water, but let's just say they are 32 oz for arguments sake. So 6 bottles x 32 oz = 192 oz, which is 1.5 gallons of water consumed per day which seems about right to me considering we are on a very hot dry planet. Seems pretty realistic to me, but I guess that's just my opinion..
The math falls apart when you consider that the same amount of water can fill either a bottle or a bucket of water. If that bucket is placed it forms an item representing a cubic meter of water. A cubic meter of water is about 264 gallons. If your math is done based upon source blocks we are drinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 1056 gallons a day. As I pointed out previously I don't see it as a major issue, the math gets ridiculous either way. That said I can see why some may find it a bit shocking.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Until Spice of life kicks in, all I eat is Zombie Jerky (Rotten Flesh + 2 salts). Then when SoL kicks in, I've gotten to the point where I can eat zombie jerky, rice, rice cakes, apples, apple juice, spider eye soup, rice soup, stock, and fruit salad. Then I just rotate around those foods until I get more food. One of the quest rewards can give you a grape seed, which is good for grapes, grape juice, fruit salad, and grape salad.
Don't forget grape jelly for that tasty PB&J! :)

Subrezon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, guys, does anybody here know how to automate the production of PC plastic seeds (by that i mean the cyan and black ones, green ones are easy to automate by planting them in a room with fans on one side and conveyor belts and a hopper on other side, but it still is very slow), AE requires a printed pcb for every basic processor and 3 pcbs for the advanced processor, and i want some amount of 64k storages, and some other things, requiring the pcbs too. And in the future i want to automate the production of pcbs with an ME interface, so i need a solid income of plastic seeds. I kinda thought about a dispenser, an AA with bonemeal (2 clicks is enough in 95% of cases) and an AA set to left click to harvest them, but then i dont know how to pick them up without picking up the one that you use to plant it. Also you need a kind of control curcuit, and the only option in this pack is the PRC, which i have no idea how to use.

P.S. Ender Quarry is cheaty, make the recipe more challenging, Iskandar, or at least make it so that it just digs like a BC Quarry instead of giving unlimited dirt (and grass with Silk Touch)

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I kinda thought about a dispenser, an AA with bonemeal (2 clicks is enough in 95% of cases) and an AA set to left click to harvest them, but then i dont know how to pick them up without picking up the one that you use to plant it.

I have been experimenting with such a setup in a creative test world, but not had much luck yet. The delays are tricky you need to wait for the seed to take root, but sometimes the seed grows right away etc. As for picking up I was thinking of a redstone disabled hopper or something like that.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to deal with problematic creepers in general? I keep getting them exploding in my mob grinder, this was causing serious problems when I used lava (the signs, and sometimes the lava source blocks if they were close enough, were getting destroyed) but it seems to be no longer an issue with the pit trap. I'm positive it's related to creeper plant seeds, and I'm positive it's violating gamerule mobGriefing. Add another thing to the long list of 'great' features of PneumaticCraft, I guess? :\

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to deal with problematic creepers in general? I keep getting them exploding in my mob grinder, this was causing serious problems when I used lava (the signs, and sometimes the lava source blocks if they were close enough, were getting destroyed) but it seems to be no longer an issue with the pit trap. I'm positive it's related to creeper plant seeds, and I'm positive it's violating gamerule mobGriefing. Add another thing to the long list of 'great' features of PneumaticCraft, I guess? :\
You're probably using Special Mobs 3.0 - It has a creeper problem. I think next update uses 2.6 and that has a working creeper protection.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
You're probably using Special Mobs 3.0 - It has a creeper problem. I think next update uses 2.6 and that has a working creeper protection.
Nope, I have it disabled. Using that mod creates an unplayable lagfest the moment night falls, which quickly leads to CTD. It's definitely PneumaticCraft, because every time a creeper explodes on death, I get a creeper plant seed.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, 1.1.2 beta is out. I'll be collecting beta testers over the next few days. Barring any more major bugs, expect 1.1.2 by Friday or Saturday.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar Not sure if you saw my post from the other day, but for the quest that you need to craft a MFR Breeder, you need golden carrots, which needs carrots, and if you are removing carrots in 1.1.2., you'll need to change the Breeder's recipe. Since golden carrots are just a carrot and 8 gold nuggets, maybe change the recipe to use gold ingots instead of golden carrots.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I have it disabled. Using that mod creates an unplayable lagfest the moment night falls, which quickly leads to CTD. It's definitely PneumaticCraft, because every time a creeper explodes on death, I get a creeper plant seed.
I will confirm that the game as published allows some griefing by creepers detonating when they dispense seeds. I'm playing with both za and special mobs disabled.

I've noted it a few times in my smallest pit traps, but never had a major issue with it occuring.

I have not noticed them being able to grief trapdoors, though I have not tested it fully.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019

Maybe it's like that leaking fuel thing where when the creepers come in contact with the fuel source it acts funky and makes them cause the massive explosion? Maybe the lava blade does the same thing?

On the note of creeper seeds, I tend to get them when ever I kill them and they're about to explode. From the wiki " Creepers have a small chance to repel some Creeper Plant Seeds when they die (not explode)". Maybe you had some that exploded with the lava and some that didn't.

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019

I don't know what is wrong with my game then. I have had to drink about 30+ of those things per real life hour.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what is wrong with my game then. I have had to drink about 30+ of those things per real life hour.

And there is your problem maybe? You're not suppose to drink them. You're suppose to wear it like bling in your camel pack.