[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

grimnax

Jul 29, 2019
dunno if thats been reported but you can fill bottles with clean water from an etching acid pool

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
To bad there isn't a way to nerf the potato and carrot harvest rate. Without a doubt they overproduce as is.

And guys the first time I see Les Stroud make himself a burger and fries while stranded in the Mojave desert I'll be right there demanding that we MUST be able to craft one in crash landing.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys i have episode 6 up. I fixed the sieve to where it auto collect but if you have a better way in mind plz feel free to post it. this is the best i could come up with from a suggestion from the comment in a past video. For some reason it keeps wanting to shoot 30 blocks out when you place a block near/ on top of it. Enjoy.

Magzie's Dust World! E:6

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Found a better way of doing the sieve. I'll record it wed and show you guys.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Are the TE3 Induction Smelter recipes for Steel ingots intended to be available? I figured those would be disabled like in AgS and we'd have to use the Tinkers' Steelworks High Oven for steel production.

Lansy

Jul 29, 2019
u sure it's not in an infinite loop between the dropper and hopper? also, if reproducible, use F3 while redoing steps and see if entities goes up. if opis is enabled run before and after and compare results (if you are so inclined).
I know it is not an infinite loop. I tested it with every item I had on hand. (Everything from cobble to sieved ores to apples) The only one that does this is the 100% exposed empty pcb. All other items sit in the acid for a few real world seconds before being picked up. The pcb isn't dropped at all.

Also it would take a while to reproduce considering nothing I have found will make the lag go away, thus a restart is needed to find out. (I don't like cheating but if I HAVE to use creative in a new world to test, I will.)

Last edited:

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
To bad there isn't a way to nerf the potato and carrot harvest rate. Without a doubt they overproduce as is.

And guys the first time I see Les Stroud make himself a burger and fries while stranded in the Mojave desert I'll be right there demanding that we MUST be able to craft one in crash landing.

Do you ever see Les Stroud drinking 409098 gallons of water in a day? This pack would be nice if it weren't for that ridiculous feature.

drktemplar06

Jul 29, 2019
to all those hollering about the water rate heres what you do. dont cry to the mod authors. use the tools that have been provided to you. there are configs and in those configs are ways to alter the rates to better fit your skill level
i did the tinkering around myself and found how to make it closer to my level( i found the pack to be marginally too difficult for my skills) and i havent had any issues since. the pack is well made as well are the mods and the authors have their reasons
for doing what theyve done. im not going to list the configs to change as thats basicly exploiting but do some legwork its really not all that hard to find. and im sure the authors would rather you do that than flood them with complaints about the mods intended use.

Tybalt_the_peach

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I'm quite new to this pack but can't figure out how to make it past the beggining of the game... i get a safe enough system keeping mobs out of the base, have a tree that i grow with bonemeal, and turn 10 saplings into 1 bottle of water for my camel pack. But i end up not getting enough fast enough to supply my water needs and i end up standing in the water drinking it and it disapears equally fast in my bar. so i end up having to commit suicide. Help me please[DOUBLEPOST=1407272903][/DOUBLEPOST]i can't even get far enough to get a furnace to smelt dirty water for 8 saplings instead of 10.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
You can't drink the water from standing pools. Any water in the world becomes salt water. Drinking it gives a dehydration debuff which makes your water go down faster. You have to use the clean water from bottles.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I'm quite new to this pack but can't figure out how to make it past the beggining of the game... i get a safe enough system keeping mobs out of the base, have a tree that i grow with bonemeal, and turn 10 saplings into 1 bottle of water for my camel pack. But i end up not getting enough fast enough to supply my water needs and i end up standing in the water drinking it and it disapears equally fast in my bar. so i end up having to commit suicide. Help me please
You have to go out every morning and collect bones to get more bonemeal to grow more trees and use the wooden crook to get more saplings to make more water. Also make a ex nilhio wooden barrel and put saplings in there to make dirt to be able to grow more trees.

Tybalt_the_peach

Jul 29, 2019
You can't drink the water from standing pools. Any water in the world becomes salt water. Drinking it gives a dehydration debuff which makes your water go down faster. You have to use the clean water from bottles.
thanks i try not to drink from still water, but i still cant get bottles fast enought to supply my endless thirst

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
thanks i try not to drink from still water, but i still cant get bottles fast enought to supply my endless thirst
If you complete all the beginning quests, you should have enough water and cold water to last until you get a slab furnace. I never had to put saplings in the fluid transposer to get more water (except for that one quest that asks you to). Once you get a slab furnace, you can make dirty water with dirt and empty bottles and smelt them into clean water. Once you get to this point, water shouldn't be much of an issue anymore.

Tybalt_the_peach

Jul 29, 2019
You have to go out every morning and collect bones to get more bonemeal to grow more trees and use the wooden crook to get more saplings to make more water. Also make a ex nilhio wooden barrel and put saplings in there to make dirt to be able to grow more trees.
thanks for the idea... i didnt think about the AE grinder... but i did choose the easy path so i have tons of bonemeal and i still dont get a fast enough supply of saplings... and yes i do use a crook[DOUBLEPOST=1407273549][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you complete all the beginning quests, you should have enough water and cold water to last until you get a furnace. I never had to put saplings in the fluid transposer to get more water (except for that one quest that asks you to). Once you get a slab furnace, you can make dirty water with dirt and empty bottles and smelt them into clean water. Once you get to this point, water shouldn't be much of an issue anymore.
i may be doing something wrong but after completing the beggining quests the water doesnt last very long, it lasts about till i get tinkers tools

Tybalt_the_peach

Jul 29, 2019
If you complete all the beginning quests, you should have enough water and cold water to last until you get a slab furnace. I never had to put saplings in the fluid transposer to get more water (except for that one quest that asks you to). Once you get a slab furnace, you can make dirty water with dirt and empty bottles and smelt them into clean water. Once you get to this point, water shouldn't be much of an issue anymore.
also i always threw one bottle in there for that challenge, not saplings. Could that be my problem?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
The key is not to depend on saplings for water..... I for instance use the water given by quests for the first two days, during this time I reserve my saplings and flesh for making dirt. As I'm running out of quest water I generally have enough stones for a slab furnace. Occasionally I have to sieve a unit or two of dirt, but not much. This allows me to quickly acquire shears and start using leaf blocks.

Reactions: DoomSquirter