Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
What's up with all these spam threads like "BEST SUPPLEMENT FOR FAT LOSS" or "Best effective weight loss tips" ?

Just your daily dose of spambot. Clicking the report button is a little bit of exercise, certainly better for weightloss than any of those stupid pills they're selling ;)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Ignore this post**

Done! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1406372155][/DOUBLEPOST]
What's up with all these spam threads like "BEST SUPPLEMENT FOR FAT LOSS" or "Best effective weight loss tips" ?

They used to be fun to pick apart in replies because the randomness of the text sometimes led to hilarity, but after they started deleting the threads it wasn't worth the effort.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How does one automate bees without buildcraft?
TE Itemducts with pneumatic servos or a ME system.

I wish they'd fix Buildcraft to not lose things on shutdown . . . I miss my apiarist pipes.
Yeah I have actually gone over to using Itemducts as well in combination with ME. Itemducts for automating each hive on its own, and then depositing any spare drones and produce into a ME subnetwork. The subnetwork then centrifuging combs and "genepooling" drones before depositing the broken down produce into my main ME network.
Examples:
DgOAUTL.png

WaJn1WI.png

Alvearies:
z94lozq.png

Frames inserted by Router, regulated by item count(no need to waste frames on my Imperial bees if I already have plenty Royal Jelly for example).

Reactions: Beeze23

Krands

Jul 29, 2019
If you set up steam with railcraft then you will never need to change the power off of steam. just build your way up and you could always do bio fuel as a side thing.
Well. I meant I would' like to use something else than steam. My question is : does Biofuel use much of biothings to make the machinery work ?

bubba_nate

Jul 29, 2019
Staying underground is boring, how else other than that and cool water bottles can I cool off? I don't wanna hafta dig ten million basement layers on my house.
(edit: talking about Crash Landing/Envirocraft)

Krands

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using forestry then there is a bit of setup needed for it to work.
Then, I take the challenge, because I want the 20 blocks of coal to become a big amount of wood who becomes BioFuel which it makes energy for IndustrialCraft2 to charge my jetpack.

Joking aside, I found Ender-lilies in the dungeons in the caves which me make me able to make enderthings witouth any risk and go to geothermal later. I find the biofuel hype because I don't need much efforts to get coal if not none.

Well, I am going out of the purpose of the topic, I think I am going to do a topic for this kind of question.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what this bar is? (top left, not the %age but the bar underneath). It fills up quickly every 5s or so, making this really irritating noise. This is a resonant rise map, but I reckoned I'd get a response here a lot quicker, and I imagine the cause is likely something in an FTB pack anyways.
FFv3zBU.jpg

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Anyone know what this bar is? (top left, not the %age but the bar underneath). It fills up quickly every 5s or so, making this really irritating noise. This is a resonant rise map, but I reckoned I'd get a response here a lot quicker, and I imagine the cause is likely something in an FTB pack anyways.

I believe it's DartCraft's magic meter.

Reactions: Not_Steve

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I heard that there's a mod for 1.7.4 that adds some of the good IC2 stuff like nano and quantum armor, solar panels,... but uses RF instead of EU. Does anyone know what mod it is?

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
I heard that there's a mod for 1.7.4 that adds some of the good IC2 stuff like nano and quantum armor, solar panels,... but uses RF instead of EU. Does anyone know what mod it is?
Not quite, that l know of. There's Mekanism, which is a fairly complete tech mod like IC2, and runs off anything, including EU and RF. It does have an armored jetpack and powered running boots, if that's your thing. And it has solar power and windmills. And a super complex, non-cop-out, quite fun 5x ore processing system. And a moderately complex, slightly-cop-out auto mining system that doesn't tear up the terrain.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
In Mekanism, is it possible to store Hydrogen Chloride?

My chemical injector burns through it savagely fast, a bit of extra buffer that builds up whenever i'm not using the ore processing system would be handy

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite, that l know of. There's Mekanism, which is a fairly complete tech mod like IC2, and runs off anything, including EU and RF. It does have an armored jetpack and powered running boots, if that's your thing. And it has solar power and windmills. And a super complex, non-cop-out, quite fun 5x ore processing system. And a moderately complex, slightly-cop-out auto mining system that doesn't tear up the terrain.
From what I've heard the mod I'm looking for is basically IC2 but with RF. There might be some changes to match the other Thermal Expansion/Mekanism/whatever recipes (I'm not sure) and most likely also name changes but it has the most important stuff like the nice suits (full ones, not just parts).

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
In Mekanism, is it possible to store Hydrogen Chloride?

My chemical injector burns through it savagely fast, a bit of extra buffer that builds up whenever i'm not using the ore processing system would be handy

I haven't tried that level of ore processing before, so I may be wrong. But have you tried a gas tank? Or one of the multiblock tanks that Mek adds? I'd be surprised if you couldn't store it.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I haven't tried that level of ore processing before, so I may be wrong. But have you tried a gas tank? Or one of the multiblock tanks that Mek adds? I'd be surprised if you couldn't store it.

I just started on my 4x processing setup today lol. It's a big step up given how big the multiblock salination thingy is.

Gas tank I hadn't considered, i'll try that. :)

Not sure the dynamic tank will work, I think that's for liquids and pretty sure HCl is a gas (given that mechanical pipes won't connect to the chemical infuser but pressurised tube thingies will).

UPDATE: it works :D

Cheers!

Last edited: