Disable update message

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019
Any update on this? Mods version checking is taking over chat on login. I've checked every config file, either there's no option or setting it to false doesn't work. We're using plugins, is there a plugin that would stop this?
chatspam.PNG

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Any update on this? Mods version checking is taking over chat on login. I've checked every config file, either there's no option or setting it to false doesn't work. We're using plugins, is there a plugin that would stop this?
View attachment 12164
From the look of the chat there was 1 small update check and some server plugin stuff.
And look in the previous posts. They said you can disable the version check.

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019
From the look of the chat there was 1 small update check and some server plugin stuff.
And look in the previous posts. They said you can disable the version check.
I've read previous posts, I've searched the internet... I dug into each mod's config to disable checking.

DC1 is Arcane Scrolls I believe.
Backpack Mod has no option.
Amoma1997Core is set to not check version = false. But outputs that error ever since we started Horizons a month ago.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've read previous posts, I've searched the internet... I dug into each mod's config to disable checking.

DC1 is Arcane Scrolls I believe.
Backpack Mod has no option.
Amoma1997Core is set to not check version = false. But outputs that error ever since we started Horizons a month ago.
DC1 isnt Arcane Scrolls, it's a dependency for it. DC = Duke/KingCore (he changed the name recently)

Reactions: Padfoote

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for clarification, but, the link goes to a page with the Duke/KingCore mod which I believe is a core mod for his mods which I understand that Arcane Scrolls is one of them and is included in the Horizons modpack. Other mods (and correct me if I'm wrong) he has listed isn't in Horizons.

duke605.x10.mx/wp

To put it bluntly "We want our chat back". I still haven't found any final solution, like stated previously, some options are either there and not working, or not there altogether in the config files. What I was hoping, since there's no way around that, if there's a chat plugin or mod where the user has complete control of what chat may or may not include.

Also, it would be an idea for a master toggle to show or hide mod updates for all mods rather than force it in chat, having mods register to this if players wish to see what needs updating. Especially and mainly focusing on made modpacks which are available on the popular modded minecraft launchers for SMP.

Last edited: