Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
THAT'S THE POINT!!! Sorry for shouting but you aren't paying attention. It's what he wants. It's #1 of the things he wants. He didn't ask how it could be done he knew it couldn't that way. It's a feature that he knew did not exist and one he would like added. It's a wish a hope a desire.
Not somekind of half azz hackey way of doing things. Just one simple system.

Here's a copy of the initial posts.

It should be doable thematically. Partition a ME drive to hold X amount of items. Then autocraft into that drive until full.
First quote, I notice this:
Vazkii said:
Weren't you the guy who made a joke, and yelled at all of us for not understanding it? Yeah, you were.
Vazkii included a notification that he was being sarcastic. That's what /s means.
Second one. Can @Yusunoha clear this up please?
EDIT: And sorry if I offended you.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
guys. Guys.. GUYS!!! STAHP!!1!

it was just something I hoped that would be added to AE, a simple way of keeping an inventory stocked with a certain amount of items
I know it's possible in a bit of a messy setup, or by using other mods, but I was hoping there would be an option for the export bus to do this itself, perhaps a fuzzy export bus with the option to tell the export bus to keep a certain amount of items inside an inventory

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
For AE2, I could see this being done as an export (would it make sense for import? storage?) bus with a new upgrade that would let you put in stacks the same way they go into an interface. It certainly sounds feasible, though I'm curious how the "self-feed" issue would be resolved (assume you have a storage bus and export bus on the same inventory, with the export bus set to stocking mode -- how do you make sure the export bus doesn't just take (via storage bus) only to put stuff back into the same inventory?).

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
guys. Guys.. GUYS!!! STAHP!!1!

it was just something I hoped that would be added to AE, a simple way of keeping an inventory stocked with a certain amount of items
I know it's possible in a bit of a messy setup, or by using other mods, but I was hoping there would be an option for the export bus to do this itself, perhaps a fuzzy export bus with the option to tell the export bus to keep a certain amount of items inside an inventory
In AE2 you can put storage bus on interfaces. So all you have to do to keep something stocked is tell the interface to keep it stocked and put a storage bus on it. This was always disabled in AE1 due to how AE1 was designed originally. Basicly before Algo disabled this in AE1 and someone did it, it blew up peoples worlds in the biggest grandest ball of fire ever seen in Minecraft. :p

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
In AE2 you can put storage bus on interfaces. So all you have to do to keep something stocked is tell the interface to keep it stocked and put a storage bus on it. This was always disabled in AE1 due to how AE1 was designed originally. Basicly before Algo disabled this in AE1 and someone did it, it blew up peoples worlds in the biggest grandest ball of fire ever seen in Minecraft. :p
Whoa, hey, that sounds like the self-feed problem isn't really an issue. That's really cool!

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Now you just need to port it to the internet...
If you are using Google Chrome there is this extension.
That'll be useful for keeping the network stocked with items, doesn't help to keep an external inventory stocked though.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So this may have been discussed already, but I just realized denoflions announced his retirement from modding...

Downside is all of his mods will not see an update to 1.7, most importantly his plugins for forestry and that is a shame. He left them opensource so would be nice to see someone try to take them over....guess I will update my modpack list to reflect that it will not be included now.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
So this may have been discussed already, but I just realized denoflions announced his retirement from modding...

Downside is all of his mods will not see an update to 1.7, most importantly his plugins for forestry and that is a shame. He left them opensource so would be nice to see someone try to take them over....guess I will update my modpack list to reflect that it will not be included now.

Looks like he's working on a minecraft RPG mod now.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-forge-denoflions-mods-threads?page=121#c2419

For those that don't do twitter: I'm back and working on an RPG mod for 1.7. The mod gives you a powerful scripting engine to create your own content.

It is still in the early stages, but the scripting system is showing signs of life:
20rBx3O.png

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always

Sengir also retired so there might not be a Forestry for there to be a plugin for.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019

^^ Now, that is bad news :(

^^ No, seems he is back and working on some 1.7 RPG, thingummybob. My sadness was misplaced!

Last edited: