Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to be able to wrap every single crafting facility in every mod into one block you can pick which crafting system you use with buttons that pulls and outputs recipe components and recipe results to inventories in the nearby vicinity and is programmable to keep an exact amount of each item in the inventories and do all the recipes automatically, sadly, we can't have anything. /s

that's something that's probably on #1 of things I would want for AE... to be able to tell the network to keep an inventory stocked with a certain amount of items

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
that's something that's probably on #1 of things I would want for AE... to be able to tell the network to keep an inventory stocked with a certain amount of items
You can do that with a subnetwork, make a network that only consists of a storage bus on the inventory and a level emitter, then use the level emitter to control an export bus attached to the main network. This is actually easier to do in AE2 because the subnetwork doesn't need a controller.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

I asked him about this. He said to use level emitters and a sub network to do this. :/
He doesn't seem to get that some people don't like this round about unnecessarily complex stuff he sets up. Not surprising he gets his opinions from redit and IRC.
Cause the ones who post there are so known for there moderate approach. :/

I and others have bin auto crafting into a mostly cobble filled chest.
And I have when applicable simple bump materials into a machine and use a me interface to leave it there keeping one stack backlogged in the machine. And then I just make another machine for each type of item I need.

Last edited:

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I asked him about this. He said to use level emitters and a sub network to do this. :/

You can do that with a subnetwork, make a network that only consists of a storage bus on the inventory and a level emitter, then use the level emitter to control an export bus attached to the main network. This is actually easier to do in AE2 because the subnetwork doesn't need a controller.

Reactions: Padfoote

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need a subnetwork for this, at least not in AE1. Level emitter + precision export bus in craft only mode + interface, done.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
You don't need a subnetwork for this, at least not in AE1. Level emitter + precision export bus in craft only mode + interface, done.
That will keep the AE network stocked with items, to keep an external inventory stocked you have to use the subnetwork (or translocators, logistics pipes, extra utilities, probably a few more).

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
That will keep the AE network stocked with items, to keep an external inventory stocked you have to use the subnetwork (or translocators, logistics pipes, extra utilities, probably a few more).
Oops, misread that. Yes in that case you need a subnetwork.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

Another option is (since we all tend to use more than just one mod) is to use translocators in 1.6.4 (hopefully soon for 1.7.10) and use an AE interface that keeps a certain amount stocked, then translocate into the inventory you want. Used this method a lot in 1.6.4.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Another option is (since we all tend to use more than just one mod) is to use translocators in 1.6.4 (hopefully soon for 1.7.10) and use an AE interface that keeps a certain amount stocked, then translocate into the inventory you want. Used this method a lot in 1.6.4.
If you are using other mods then logistics supplier pipes also work, as do extra utilities restrictive transfer pipes.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Um we know all these techniques. And they all are round about and convoluted. The point of that post was to wish for a simple integrated way of keeping a set amount of an items crafted.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Um we know all these techniques. And they all are round about and convoluted. The point of that post was to wish for a simple integrated way of keeping a set amount of an items crafted.
Well, we're attempting to solve his problem. We can't read his mind, so we don't know that he doesn't know these.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, how? For the first attempt at it they can be, but after that it's rather straight forward.

Not if you want to keep a st amount of say 10 items or 50 or 100. It get's to be a world class pain in the azz real darn fast.

since LP and AE were designed to work hand in hand, I imagine this is how it's "meant" to be done.

Designed to work hand in hand? LP had AE compatibility added but nether were designed to work together.
They were created years apart. First LP then LP stopped updating. Then AE was created. Likely as a replacement for LP. Then LP started updating but these events happened years apart.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Well, we're attempting to solve his problem. We can't read his mind, so we don't know that he doesn't know these.
You don't have to he told you what was on his mind.

He wants to tell the network to keep X amount of items. Not modify the network to do so. Not modify the network for each time he wants to keep that set amount of items.[DOUBLEPOST=1405296884][/DOUBLEPOST]
No more difficult than keeping a single item stored.

Making a hundred of these sounds a lot more difficult than making one.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019

He wants to tell the network to keep X amount of items. Not modify the network to do so. Not modify the network for each time he wants to keep that set amount of items.
In that case, that's impossible. You need a bus to sense the inventory, and keep the inventory stocked with x amount of y. It isn't possible to just say keep y in z, no I don't care that it's ~1000 blocks away, JUST DO IT, unless you want exploits like that to happen.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

He wants to tell the network to keep X amount of items. Not modify the network to do so. Not modify the network for each time he wants to keep that set amount of items.

Technically, setting a level emitter up with an export bus is telling the network to keep a set amount of items.
Making a hundred of these sounds a lot more difficult than making one.

Sounds. Key word. Doing it once is difficult if you don't know what you're doing. Doing it more than once is repetition and no more difficult.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
In that case, that's impossible. You need a bus to sense the inventory, and keep the inventory stocked with x amount of y. It isn't possible to just say keep y in z, no I don't care that it's ~1000 blocks away, JUST DO IT, unless you want exploits like that to happen.

THAT'S THE POINT!!! Sorry for shouting but you aren't paying attention. It's what he wants. It's #1 of the things he wants. He didn't ask how it could be done he knew it couldn't that way. It's a feature that he knew did not exist and one he would like added. It's a wish a hope a desire.
Not somekind of half azz hackey way of doing things. Just one simple system.

Here's a copy of the initial posts.

I'd like to be able to wrap every single crafting facility in every mod into one block you can pick which crafting system you use with buttons that pulls and outputs recipe components and recipe results to inventories in the nearby vicinity and is programmable to keep an exact amount of each item in the inventories and do all the recipes automatically, sadly, we can't have anything. /s

It should be doable thematically. Partition a ME drive to hold X amount of items. Then autocraft into that drive until full.