Mystcraft to Railcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Greylock

Jul 29, 2019
Before i attempt it is it possible to set up Railcraft train lines that pass through a Mystcraft gate to another age (or location if i make a link modifier) . It was somthing i was considering since i spawned a new age with quite a few natural resources , as well as the crystals that are used to make the Mystcraft gates.

I was wondering if it would be worth my time setting up some traintrack to pass through a gate which i could create and have a station (with a chunk loader) in that age to pump oil / lava . what not into the train carts and have it chug back to my home base to fill up some railcraft storage tanks.

Or is the Mystcraft portals not comparable with a train passing through them ?

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I've always wanted to try something like this. If a mystcraft portal doesn't work, try enhanced portals 3.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
key word is test world, just try it in a scrap flat world where you cheat in the necessary items

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
I tried and failed back in older times to creat a 2 way route! I ended up settling for a one way design like this but the carts reappear out thin air:) or build a 2nd portal. think i used some 1 way boosters too.

So yes a one way system can definately work!

R = rail
M =Rail+mystcraft destination
U = loading
P = Portal

MRRRURRRP